- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Good luck for your beta result :) Has the spotting stopped?

No, it's still light, but it is less and less...

Your beta results sound great :) The doubling times slow down after 1,200 and again after 6,000 anyway, so yours seem really good at the minute. Its a good sign the spotting is lighter again too x

Welcome to the new ladies!

I haven't had anymore bleeding aside from that one brief incident yesterday. So I think I am going to try to stick it out and wait until my ultrasound on Friday unless I start bleeding again. It'd be too early to see much right now and I worry that'd stress me out more.

:hugs: Glad that your bleeding has stopped, and fingers crossed that's the end of it. Good luck for your ultrasound x

Question - do you think they will do an ultrasound at my first appt? It is scheduled for Oct 27 and I will be 8w+4. I know I could always call and ask but wondered if other people had a sense? I know they also do one at 12w so that seems like they might be close together?

Question - do you think they will do an ultrasound at my first appt? It is scheduled for Oct 27 and I will be 8w+4. I know I could always call and ask but wondered if other people had a sense? I know they also do one at 12w so that seems like they might be close together?

It really depends on your area (where you live) and your office. My old OB/midwives offices had them in the rooms so I got them all the time (or random) but here at my new office they only have one or two rooms with them and you must schedule the room to get a scan. It's specifically scan rooms. Sigh. :haha: Being your first appointment and farther along I would think they would OR they would get you an appointment fairly soon after for your first one.

Coucou, I'm sure they will do a scan if you're in the states and seeing an OB.

Welcome to the new ladies ;)

Shilo, so glad to hear the bleeding has stopped!! Also, I sent a request and message to your June Dates page when you get around to it :)

Got my first appt/scan booked today for 11/5. This is going to be a crazy long 4 weeks!

I just got my bfp Saturday at 7 DPO and I've had 3 more positives since then. (I know, I'm nuts but I just can't help myself... I have to make sure). So I guess that puts my tentative due date at June 18th!!!

Hello new bump mommies! I hope everyone is doing well!
Shilo, I am so glad that your bleeding was brief, I know how stressful that can be.

It puts my mind at ease that my numbers are going up, and today I have felt sick like a dog. Ugh, do not want to be at work. I have been sucking on suckers all day to keep myself from feeling more and more nauseated. I have my first ultrasound on next Monday...couldn't come soon enough...maybe my piece of mind will come with that.

Anyone noticing physical changes with their body now? I have this small left over, saggy-ish skin from my three boys and now it's like a small round bump/bloat.. not saggy at all. My nipples have changed... I always call them my breastfeeding nipples when they change to this. :thumbup: And I probably look much older because I'm always exhausted :haha:

Radiance, I'm starting to feel my pouch fill up, too! I know baby is still well behind the pubic bone, but I guess things are starting to move up, and I'm sure bloating doesn't help either! Wonder how long it'll be until I really have to be careful so people don't get suspicious.

Yep...things are definietly starting to move around...plus the bloating...ugh...

Coucou, with my first the appts went- 6 week medical history, 10 weeks heart beat, 12 weeks got a scan because I elected for all testing, 16 weeks regular check up (heart beat but no scan), 20 weeks another scan for gender and anatomy. I had appts every 4 weeks after that up til about 32 weeks when they switched to once a week and they would do an internal exam to check my cervix. All in all, 2 scans, which was actually one more scan than my friend who elected not to do any testing.
I was so surprised that they did so few but that's how it is where I live. I wound up going to a private place for an early gender reveal at 16 weeks and getting a free 3D scan for doing a medical study around 34 weeks.

Sass, two scans are all we get here, as long as everything is looking fine. I actually got three because I was slightly early for my dating scan and they couldn't get all measurements they wanted so they asked me back a week or two later. I think it's plenty, anyway from a medical point of view. It is nice to get an extra look in though! :)

Your care sounds similar to what the NHS do, except they don't like to do internal exams until you're in labour. I think I will decline any internal exams this time round though, they really don't mean much. I'm getting quite into the idea of homebirth...I'll ask to speak to the homebirth midwives anyway.

I had about 4/5 scans with my first, I found out I was pregnant at 20+4 with her. I had a lot with my 2nd, placenta slowly tore off my whole pregnancy. I had a lot with my others as well. This one I had one at 5+1, I'll have one on October 23rd and if all goes well and we get into second trimester, I will have a NT scan (12-13+6), around 16 weeks, 20 weeks and in third I will get one every two weeks. That's an estimate though, my cervix needs to be watched and they also will be watching for IUGR. For a normal pregnancy my doctor does about four.

Wow, how interesting that it's all so different, I wonder if that has to do with the doctor, the insurance, the medical history, or if it is just random!

I remember they had like a moving ultrasound machine at my doc that they could bring room to room, so maybe that means they would be more likely to do one. But Sass, I think with the first the progression sounded more like yours - I remember not having too many scans except the major one that I elected to check for defects etc.

Oh Africaqueen big hugs! Hoping for a good result in the morning and that this is your sticky rainbow.

Congrats and welcome to newcomers.

Poys that sounds like an awesome beta.

My first pregnancy I had 4 scans - 7 weeks, 12 weeks, 19 weeks and a growth scam at 40 weeks as I was suddenly measurung 36 weeks ( though had always beem behind)
Second time I had only wanted 2 scans and ended up with at least a dozen due to discrepancy with dates, a 14 week bleed, abdominal pain in late second tri, and then persistent breech meant a quick scan at every appointment to confirm head position ( dunno why when it wae obciously her head - I could feel her ears lol) as well as in depth scans to confirm I was a good candidate for vaginal delivery etc...
This time I'm declining all scans save the 20 week one, and may decline that one too, opting instead for a placenta location scan at 36 weeks since I don't want to risk placenta previa with a homebirth.

In the UK, I think you only generally get two scans on the NHS (at approx 12 and 20 weeks) unless there's a problem. I've been referred for an early scan at approx 7 weeks as well because I've had 3 or more miscarriages before and I've been spotting on and off for over a week now, but they weren't going to do one till I asked. If they'd said no I was going to pay for a private one, but I'm glad they agreed to do it.

I got so many scans the first time... I have pcos and I conceived my first on CD50 something so they thought I was much further along than I actually was (even though I KNEW when I ovulated and told them it would be too early...) so, I got my first scan at 6w, another at 8, nt scan at 12 weeks, private scan for gender at 16 weeks, anatomy scan at 20 weeks, private 3D scan at 28 weeks and he wasn't cooperating, so we came back again at 31 weeks, and one last scan at 36 weeks to check size and position. So, 8 total! This time I'll only get the ones the doctor offers at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, and 20 weeks. They may do another to check position closet to my due date, but that will depend on how the baby is measuring.

*hugs africaqueen* I hope this one is your sticky one. I'm originally from the UK by the way.

So question, I was 4w+5 when I had this first scan and they didn't see much obviously. The doctor said it would be far too early to see anything or at least not a heartbeat by my appointment date at the hospital which would put me at 6w+2. Which started to get me worried that what she did see was behind schedule. I thought you were usually able to see a heart beat at 6w+2.

This first doctor wants me to see her when I am 6w+5 - 7w. Not that she acknowledged those timings as correct she was just talking in dates ...anyway, there is no way I'm going back to her. I was just wondering whether I should make my appointment with the hospital later?

I saw a heartbeat at 6+2 with my second, but its not unusual to not see one until 7 weeks. If you want to be certain of seeing a heartbeat I would bump your appointment back a few days.

We could see the flutter at 6 weeks, but couldn't actually hear the heartbeat. At 7 weeks we could hear it.

So I finally got a hold of someone and asked the nurse about my hCG blood test from a week ago. She can't find it!! She said the results aren't in my file and she doesn't know. Really?!? :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->