- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Baby is still only 1/5 dropped into pelvis so was told to either start walking more or bouncing on birth ball etc to get him to start moving down so I will look into that.

Try the bouncing for sure. I spent two hours bouncing the other night and baby went straight from not at all engaged to 3/5ths (I saw my midwife two days in a row). I've gone mad on the bouncing. I'm bouncing as I type. Poor baby :dohh:

Third Trimester Comparison: 28 and 38 Weeks Bump - Definitely Dropping

https://i61.tinypic.com/2nc2f79.jpg​

you have such a lovely bump :flower:

So I have been in hospital since Tuesday with terrible pains in my previous c section scar, I'm having my baby by c section tomorrow morning!

Oh wow good luck. I hope everything goes smoothly for you!

I won't get my sweep until 38+4 :( Me and OH DTD for the first time in like forever last night :happydance: and had uncomfortable tightenings and cramps from 1:20pm, hoping they either stop or get a move on and become regular!

This sounds promising, get at it again tonight ;)

Finally managed to get a bump pic. So hard with out a mirror haha and not a clue what way it's going to be. Prob upside own as I had to take it with my front facing camera on my phone haha!
Feel huge now, had to get OH to get me out of the bath yesterday, and I walk like John Wayne for sure haha
IMG_20150604_165335.jpg
Ruby doo is massive now too and struggling to get more than 2 feet away from her with out her crying. Only time I get to chill is when she's asleep haha! But suppose it's getting us used to what's to come with little one
IMG_20150527_204325.jpg

It is with a heavy heart I have to inform you that our beautiful boy, our first born child, Alec Henry passed away on June 2nd.

We were so blessed to have 6 days with our son. He became very poorly during the morning of the 31st and fought a couragious battle.

I will be with you when I can but until then, I send my love, well wishes and congratulations to you all.

Thanks smartie, it's good to be back and able to update regular! Really missed you ladies keeping me sane haha!

My consultant told me not to see my midwife now till after my due date for a sweep but I've got an appointment booked for 15th which would put me around 38, nearly 39 weeks so I'm gonna keep it and see if she will do a sweep then. Not looking forward to the thought of an induction!
Is she likely to do a sweep then if I tell her what's going on?

It's so hard to get back on track with it though isn't it?

The 'easiest' way to get a sweep is by saying you've been having cramps and sharp pains and ask her to check or feel to see if anything is happening. She should then tell you if your cervix is soft enough to have one. They normally attempt one a couple of days before induction even if it is a bit forceful just to make the induction quicker.

Doodle - Chances of that happening are slim, OH has work and it's his turn to wake up with DD :haha: Suppose we could come to an agreement of: I'll get up with DD if we can go again ;)

Wow, you are VERY low now, Pink!! Still very round too!

Oh Jo77 :( I'm so sorry! Condolences sent to you. I'm sorry if you have already posted this before and to preach but were your girls delivered at the same time too? I hope you receive the support you need :flower:

Jo77 I'm so sorry to hear your heart breaking news! Sending you lots of love and best wishes. I know it's not much but if there is anything anyone can do for you we are here!! I know it's only a chat if u need it but I'm sure all these fabulous ladies and my self will be happy to help in any way we can :hugs:

Smartie : yeah it's been tough to get caught back up, especially as I've tried doing it all on a phone instead of PC.
I didn't even know they did sweeps till you were over due but I have seen lots of ladies post that they have had them much sooner! I hope I don't have to do either but I'd rather a stretch and sweep than a full blown induction! Thought petrifies me. And that A LOT of ladies that have an induction have to go on to have a c section! Really will not be impressed!
She's been low and engaged since about 35weeks so hoping that's a good sign but I know in reality it means nothing :(
This last few weeks is going to be the longest!
Ordered a belly casting kit and it's arrived today so think me and OH are going to attempt it at some point in next day or two.....just in case!

I'd Defo be coming to an arrangement regarding DD and get down to it again tonight, especially if you feel it's helping haha

Jo, I'm so sorry you had to share this news. I know there's nothing we can say. You are going to be a great mom to those two little girls, I hope they're doing well. :cry::hugs:

Miley, I hope all is well and your section goes smoothly.

Being on the phone while on here feels a task and half to reply.

Stretch and sweeps really aren't that bad. I wouldn't even say they were uncomfortable either like a few people make out. It really does give a kick start, if done properly. They're more laid back with giving them earlier after a first pregnancy as your cervix doesn't return to its 100% self so will have more of an effect. I feel for the ones who are induced as it's supposed to be more painful than natural, instant contractions instead of progressive.
The casting should be fun! Some nice bonding time for you both as well.

I'll consider another c-section now if it comes to it as OH will get to have 4 weeks paternity. Originally it was 2 weeks which was a reason I didn't want to pursue - The thought of having her next Saturday, 2 weeks "help" and doing school runs with DD1 would be far too much for me. The thought still scares me though. Will be seeing my consultant for induction at 40+3 but I can only labour for so long with it until I'll go into theatre. Still no appointment for my 36w one :/

It's awkward with positioning, I only found it comfortable spooning but it didn't feel like it was doing the full job, my fat arse getting in the way :haha:

My fat arse gets in the way every time but since my bump got bigger OH calls me duck arse now cos I look like a rubber duckie from the bum up haha

Stretch and sweeps really aren't that bad. I wouldn't even say they were uncomfortable either like a few people make out.

I'm sure it's uncomfortable for some! Everyone's body is so different, and would also depend on how far she's progressed.
I only had a check today and found it quite uncomfortable.

That's awesome that your OH will have a couple extra weeks!

I don't know how common internals are here before your admitted on the labour ward. The midwives don't do them as far as I know at appointments untill ur late and it's a sweep

Pink - :haha: That's brilliant!!

Tree - True. What makes them feel worse is that people can't relax while one is being done. But if the woman's cervix isn't physically ready then they won't go ahead with one. I'd say having an interal/speculum is 10x more uncomfortable.

Yeah his boss was having a talk with him after we announced the new baby saying how he feels 2 weeks is never enough time off (has children of his own). So he gets 3 weeks full pay (taking a few holiday days from last year) and 1 week 90% pay.

Car seat is installed!!!! :yipee: sorry it's a bit dark DH installed it after washing and vaccuming the car and it's almost midnight now.

https://i58.tinypic.com/kf59y0.jpg

Jo - sending you my condolences.... No words can ease the pain but my prayers are with you and your family and may your two girls continue to grow and be healthy.

Will try to catch up with you ladies when i can and thanks...

Smartie
Thanks for the compliments :hugs:

Glad you got to DTD and hopefully you can keep it up to start labour. Cannot wait for your 38weeks bump pic

Pink
DH calls me fatty but in a loving way so I'll take it... duck ass though :haha:

Clothes are finallly dry and will pack them away tomorrow. Then shelf goes up and teddy bears painted against the wall. So hopefully we'll have the nursery completely done by the end of the weekend.
I have loads of sleeping, reading and suduko to keep me busy so I'm enjoying ML now

I would keep the appointment at the midwife too. I find it strange that they would tell you to not go till after your due date as I am being seen weekly since last week.

DoodleDoo
Thanks for the advice on the bouncing. Hoping I'll get the same results

Jo77
I am so so sorry to read your news :nope: I wish I knew what to say to help you but I know words won't bring much comfort to you now. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers and hope that you will be okay :hugs: Again I'm so sorry. You lost your boy but Heaven gained an angel and he'll always be with you!!

Wunna : I was under the impression that after a certain week you were seen on a weekly basis.
Aww bet you can't wait to get nursery complety finished!
Oh I love suduko but got out the habit of it. Should start back really as it really helps with the OCD believe it or not!

Mdscpa : Yayyyy :happydance: looking great

Smartie : that's great that DH's boss has listened and sorted something! I bloody hate getting the speculum thing, when I went in last time and they did the test for labour they couldn't even use lubricant as it would interfere with the test. Was aggony

aww jo . ty for taking the time to come on here . i csnt imagine how you are feeling right now, and im sorry to hear about your babyboy .i know its easier said than done, but stay strong and im praying for you and your family
It is with a heavy heart I have to inform you that our beautiful boy, our first born child, Alec Henry passed away on June 2nd.

We were so blessed to have 6 days with our son. He became very poorly during the morning of the 31st and fought a couragious battle.

I will be with you when I can but until then, I send my love, well wishes and congratulations to you all.

Finally managed to get a bump pic. So hard with out a mirror haha and not a clue what way it's going to be. Prob upside own as I had to take it with my front facing camera on my phone haha!
Feel huge now, had to get OH to get me out of the bath yesterday, and I walk like John Wayne for sure haha
View attachment 873527
Ruby doo is massive now too and struggling to get more than 2 feet away from her with out her crying. Only time I get to chill is when she's asleep haha! But suppose it's getting us used to what's to come with little one
View attachment 873529
wow pink! so big. i cant believe how big shes gotten so fst. and nice bump

nicecrseat mdscpa

I forgot to say how cool your bump is looking Pink :blush:

Yip, I love Suduko, I bought a few books on special once giving me a total of about 1500 puzzles :rofl: Sit on my gym ball, bounce and play.

FX my new phone comes today! I'm so excited :wohoo:

Aww thanks nilla, bump has well and truly taken over my body now haha! I love it but I'm so ready to swap it for baby ha!
How are you and abel doing? Hope he's coming on well :hugs:

Wunna : wow uve just given me the best idea for when I'm in hospital, gonna get some puzzle books and Defo route out my bounce ball thingy-me-bob

Feeling worse and worse every morning now and yesterday started to struggle eating full portions of food again, hoping maybe she's chilled on her growing now so she's not actually gonna be massive ha ha
Rolled right onto my stomach in my sleep and it was aggony, woke me straight up tho so hoping I've not done any harm :(
Sooooo tired. Feel like I could sleep for days
Really hope she's here soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back