- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Aww Sarah pics are beautiful :cloud9:
Can I just ask how did you treat the thrush? Got a feeling ivy has just started with it!

Aww miss fox charlie does exactly the same as ivy during tummy time, if she does manage to look up she just shoots me a look to say pick me up woman haha!!

How did u find it smartie? I don't see the issue but I know a lot of people aren't very keen.......each to there own. Personally I'd rather see a mummy breast feeding than two people kissing like their seconds away from mounting each other!

Ivy has a very off tummy at the min, had to change her to comfort milk and stock up on gripe water and infacol. Of a nasal drops as she's struggling to get that mucus out bless her!

Her and ruby are already the best of friends haha. Ruby loves her new little sister

IMG_20150714_192459.jpg

IMG_20150714_192313.jpg

Thank you :kiss: Ivy is so adorable!!

We just went to the doctors and he prescribed a gel we had to rub in her mouth 4 times a day for a week, it cleared out of her mouth within a few days and she stopped seeming as if she was sore within about a day or so :thumbup:

Aww that's great. Will call doc first thing in the morning. Glad she's better x

Im so late. My precious baby had emergency surgery on the 28th of June. Inguinal hernia surgery. The poor thing was in agony. Thank God he's doing much better now and a whopping 9 lbs.

Yayyyyy wunna and pink. Congrats!!!!!! What Cuties!!!!

Oh my goodness nilla!! I hope little abel is doing much better now and the surgery has solved his pain issues

Can I just ask what an inguinal hernia is?

Oh my goodness nilla!! I hope little abel is doing much better now and the surgery has solved his pain issues

Can I just ask what an inguinal hernia is?

Yes he's doing well.

Well there was blood in his stool and his genital area was sooooo swollen. I thought something bit him. Whlent to emergency and his balls were big. His intestines had dropped to his scrotum through the channel opening where testes drop down. So it just wasn't strong enough and fully closed. Intestines were being pinched through the tight hold hence the blood. He has 4 little incisions in his abdominal area they are healing great.

They also removed his polydactyly that day as well.

He has another surgery in Dec and Hopefully that will be all for my little one. He has been through quite a lot.so hard not to spoil him Lol. I will add some pics later

Awww what a little star he is!! I'd spoil away if I was you.
Must have been heart breaking seeing him like that! Ivy has gripe pain and what we suspect is mild colic and that's been upsetting enough!
I hope he carries on getting better and healing well. And hoping Dec goes as well as possible :hugs:

Awww what a little star he is!! I'd spoil away if I was you.
Must have been heart breaking seeing him like that! Ivy has gripe pain and what we suspect is mild colic and that's been upsetting enough!
I hope he carries on getting better and healing well. And hoping Dec goes as well as possible :hugs:

I don't know what gripe pain is but I hope ur little one feels very r as well

How are you holding up?

Gripe pain is when there's air gets trapped when feeding and has to make its way out as a trump eventual but she's usually in aggony as it goes thru her gut. We've changed milk, bottles and how we feed her and it's slowly starting to help. And she can go 3 days with out pooping which the MW keep telling me is normal but her screaming 2-3 times a day as she's trying to poo can't be right!!

I'm ok, still in a lot of pain. It did ease off at one point but then came back worse, think it might be cos I won't just sit and do nothing, it drives me mad.
Not happy with how the c section has left my body either, I look like I used to be 50 stone, lost aload of weight and still have all the extra skin, my body issues getting worse really isn't something I need at min. Starting to really struggle mentally :(

The adorableness in this thread is off the scale.

Glad Lily's thrush has cleared up, Sarah. She looked ery content to say the least in the pics! Starting to see her resemble a bit of Kian too! Too cute.

Feeding felt great, I did "cover up" with a fashion scarf but little did I know it barely hid a thing (OH decided to tell me 10 mins into it). I've yet to build up confidence of going uncovered and practice keeping myself hidden with modesty. It was at sundown adventureland and a few other mums were doing the same so it encouraged me too :)

If you have no luck with infacol, Pink, try dentinox drops (taste and smell disgusting but mix it with her milk and it shouldn't bother her) also laying her across your lap on her belly and rub her back :) as for the poos, formula fed babies have several poos a day, breast fed go once every couple of days as their bodies absorb more breast milk. But colic is awful to deal with and exhausting. Give your body the benefit of the doubt for now, and be less harsh on yourself. It's only been 3 weeks, still a lot of healing to do internally and externally :flower: Ruby looks like she's not going to let anybody near Ivy lol. Inherited your eyes as well!

Ah, Nilla! Abel has already shown everybody what he's capable of going through and he'll only come out stronger with each hiccup, a true little fighter. He's gaining tremendously.

So pissed off with OH'S work. He took 2 weeks paternity and 2 weeks annual leave (suggested by his boss), found out yesterday that he's not entitled to paternity and only giving him 3 days pay out of the 14. He goes back to work Monday and luckily has 8 days left until pay day so in total has 11 days worth of wage... for an entire month. Work didn't even tell him even though we went in last Thursday to see everybody and he refilled paternity forms out. :grr: :growlmad: booked in for the copper coil on Tuesday too. I'm scared more for the pain aspect afterwards.

Aww glad the breast feeding went well. I actually bought a breast feeding apron off ebay, great bit of kit but never got to use it haha!
That is shocking about OH's work. Some people just don't want to help and go out of their way to make things difficult don't they!
The pain from ur copper coil insertion should be mild hun, I had one done and just felt a bit crampy for an hour or so, can't be any worse than the pain after having a baby lol!
We stopped the infacol and just using gripe water and seems to really have done the trick. Our MW told me the opposite about poos, that breast fed baby's go normally after every feed and formular fed can go upto 4days with out anyone being concerned.
And yeah ruby loves ivy, always plonks herself down infront of her like she's guarding her, can't wait to see them together in a few years time.
She does have my eyes but looks more like her dad when her eyes are open haha x

Formula fed babies get constipated more often and poo less often, breastfed really depends on the mom's diet tbh. I ate a lot of cheese at one point and my babies got constipated, I had to give them a tiny bit of formula at one point and it took them 4-5 days to poop and still haven't gone back to normal. But yes breastfed babies poo more often than formula fed.

Oh the poo! My little guy is going ALL the time! I'm trying to change him as often as I can but I don't think a half hour goes by without at least a pee.

New diapers just came in the mail, so now I should have enough to last 2-3 days.:thumbup:

Sorry I am behind on updating the front page. I've been dealing with a colicky baby and hardly have time to do anything. I have updated the info for the ones I know and will work on going through and getting the info for everyone else as soon as I can. If your info isn't up, please feel free to PM me your baby's birth date and name if you want to so that it's a bit easier. Hope everyone is doing well.

Oh my god....... Lily slept all night last night..... :O :happydance: Kian didn't do that for the first time till he was over a year old!! One thing though I'm going to ask the health visitor is that is it too early for her to be sleeping all night without waking for a feed? And am I going to have to set an alarm on my phone to wake me up so I can waken her for a feed like I had to do I the hospital just after I had her :dohh: :haha:

Oh Wunna, I didn't mention before, but Matthew and I share a birthday :).

Pink- How is Ivy doing? She's so cute! It's hard recovering from a c-section. I still have a tummy flap and it drives me crazy! I'm hoping it will get smaller as I loose weight and I'm sure yours will since you were pretty thin before. It took me a long time to accept my belly after my section and now that it has been over 4 years I am really ready to work on it. Give your body time to heal- it's a major surgery. Your body gave you that amazing baby.But I understand how you are feeling about it.

Smartie- Congrats on BFing in public! Glad you are working on it. Have you done it again since? I rarely cover. It really depends on the setting but I also wear a tank top under my shirt so I lift the shirt and lower the top of the tank top and only expose a small amount of my breast. I'm really sorry about the leave for your OH! That's crazy they didn't tell him! How did getting the copper IUD go? I got one last week at my 6 week appointment. The pain wasn't too awful but I have been spotting since then.

Treeroot- are you changing every wet diaper? I only change every 2 pees or so. But my baby also doesn't poop much. Every 3-5 days usually.

Sarah- We've been dealing with Thrush and it is awful! We're on day 4 of oral meds for Charlie and it still seems like there is a lot in there. As long as your LO is gaining weight as of now and having no weight issues she should be good to start sleeping through the night without waking for a feed. Mine has been sleeping a 4-6 hour stretch followed by another 4-6 hour stretch most nights since 5 days old. (Don't worry- kid number two was up 7-9 times a night for the first 15 months!)

Nilla- How is Abel doing? Hope his recovery from surgery has been good!

Well, I was taken off work until mid September! I've been having anxiety issues and also needing PT for my core strength so my broken tailbone doesn't hurt so bad once I go back to work. I miss work but I'm happy to have the extra time home with the baby.
I'm interested in joining the FB group if you ladies will have me :D I will be able to keep up there more.

Aww miss fox I hear u on the pain with the tail bone, I fell down the stairs in early pregnancy and landed seated on a step and my tail bone still hurts now and it wasn't even broken!! Hope it eases for you x

Ivy is still struggling with pooing, and the doctors round here surprise surprise don't give a rats arse. I rung for some stuff for her thrush in her mouth and the HV advised me to ask for nappy cream to stop it getting bad, the knob I spoke to just told me to use sudocreme so I did and now her bits are a mess. The poor thing, had to go back to the doctors yesterday and get some cream for her........that they could have give me last week so I'm really pissed off!!
Apart from that she's doing well, can almost roll over, sits up if ur feeding her and take bottle away and can stand up on my tummy!! I know she shouldn't be able to do any of that at a month but she's such a little tank I don't think we are far of crawling and sitting up! Poor ruby won't know what's hit her hahaha

Hope everyone else is well x

Hi ladies :hi:

Just checking in to let you know that I am still alive. Just a bit difficult still to find time to properly sit down and log in to check up on everyone.
I am breast feeding Matthew on demand and his weight gain has been super! :dance: I'm trying to establish a routine now so hoping that once we have one it goes a bit better and I'll be able to catch up with you all and start a parenting journal.

Miss you all :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

I have started a parenting journal if anyone wants to follow. I'm not going to be very active on it just yet but getting it up and running is a start :D

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/parenting-journals/2328219-raising-wunnas-bubba.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->