- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Welcome Kelly and good luck with scan x

Nicole- Don't forget that we are still all very early on, and progesterone causes most breast pain etc and can fluctuate so try not to worry, although i know easier said than done x

AFM- Went the docs an she did a pelvic exam and my BP and said both were fine. Just over 2wks till my scan now and getting super excited and nervous! x

Ah that sounds really positive for you africaqueen! I'm really happy for you! Was starting to worry a little.

Upon waking up, my boobs do feel a bit harder I think and I think they are a tiny little bit tender but that could just be because I've squeezed them so many times. I'm going to see how they are tomorrow and the next day before going into full panic mode.

I am getting a little bit of cramping too which I know is normal but I'm scared that it's just my AF coming and the baby didn't stick.

I do feel a little sick this morning but that could be hunger or constipation. I haven't eaten yet because I got up late. I managed to fall asleep a little after worrying in the early hours. This ride sure is scary! I've always been a but if a worried but somehow this just seems to be off the charts worry. Feel like I'm going crazy!

And I know I said I wasn't going to worry and stay positive! I think it's just all the horror stories I've read. Sometimes the internet and forums can just make you worry more.

Nikoru, I am completely with you regarding the worry thing(I have been trying to keep myself not so much worries) but whenever I read stuff it comes back to me. It's like when I don't get symptoms, I feel like why am I not getting them - they should already be here by now.

I had two almost entirely symptomless pregnancies if that helps ease anyone's worry at all. Seriously if I had irregular periods I would have had no idea til a bump appeared. (And atbwasnt until late second trip both times)

Anyway I had a major attack of baby brain this morning. I'd been out earlier this morning and left my keys in the front door. I remembered and took them put and put them...somewhere. A couple hours later I had to go back out and I had a very small window to go do mynerramnds before having to come back for nap time. And I couldn't find my keys. I looked everywhere - including inside everyone's shoes in case Chloe had found them and hidden them. I checked the door three times at least. 20 mins later I was a crying mess and my kids were looking at me like a lunatic. Guess where I found them? In my bag :rofl:

Snufkin - I hear you on the baby brain. I totally swear that I have it even this early. Even today I went to the post office and got up to the teller and thought I completely forgot my wallet at home. She also pointed out that I left my sunglasses on the table (twice). Get in my car to head home to get my wallet and it is sitting in my front seat. And that is just today's episode!

Welcome Dani!

Poy - Couldn't agree more with the gas/bloat. I no longer try to button my pants, I just loop a hair tie through the hole at fasten to the button. Thinking about going out and getting a bunch of dresses and do away with pants completely!!

Welcome Sma1588!

Nikoru - I know its hard but you gotta relax just a bit. When I feel like I'm getting myself worked up I pat my tummy and tell baby to stay put and then tell myself that baby is fine and I will freak out if there when there is a reason too. But I completely agree with you on how the forum and internet can get you even more nervous. I have gotten such good tips from this site, but a part thinks that I would be obliviously happy and not worried at all about anything going wrong if I didn't find it. The good thing is that if anything does goes wrong at least i'm more grounded and realistic and i don't think it will be as shattering as if I was completely ignorant to the dangers.

Welcome Kelly! and so glad baby is doing well and sticking! I too am either end of may early June so I felt more comfortable joining the June group since the ladies were more around how far along I am. I checked out the May group and everyone was already at 8-10 weeks.

Africanqueen - woohoo :happydance::happydance: so glad that everything is fine! looking forward to hearing how your scan goes.

Radiance - Couldn't agree more!! my thoughts exactly!

Welcome Momof3girls!!

Hope everyone else is doing well!!

I think I might have found the solution to my morning sickness...cheeseburgers! my husband is going to lose his mind as he keeps trying to eliminate unhealthy food from our diet and only wants baby to have good food...but I have had the hardest time with the morning sickness and vomiting. I got a prescription from my dr office today for medication to help since I haven't been able to work much being so sick, but I have been torn on if I wanted to take it or not. I spoke to a friend this morning who had strong m/s too and she said that she didn't take the meds but was able to power through and suggested a few foods that helped her. I went out and bought the lifesavers she mentioned and they helped a little, and then went out and got a cheeseburger and it has really helped settle my stomach. She also mentioned preggo pops but I couldn't find any place near that carried those.

Looks like cheeseburgers it is :haha:

Waiting to hear back from the midwife. I texted her this morning and she replied that shes camping and will be in touch in a few days (she obviously doesn't have any clients atm shes on call for :haha:)
I'm so anxious about it though, because I found out from someone else (one of the very very few RL people who knows - our family doesn't even know yet) that shes not currently accepting new clients, but that I should contact her anyway for suggestions. Now, as far as I know the next nearest midwives are two hours away so that has me rather nervous, seeing as my second birth was only an hour and a half (and I was sure I was still in early labour with hours to go until suddenly transition hit and she was born half an hour after that). If I hadn't already been in hospital due to having had to drive three hours (first contraction to baby in arms was 6h45m, left right away and was 3cm when in was checked an hour and a half before she was born) there's no way I would have made it in time.
Thats one of the reasons I'm looking forward to a home birth. The second reason (other than the fact that I just always expected to birth my babies at home due to growing up somewhere where people only went to the hospital if they were sick, not to have babies) is that my second was breech and the hospital here will not allow breech births. I fought for weeks before changing to a hospital three hours away that was pro-breech. I have nonregrets but I have zero desire to drive three hours in Labour again, and I can't help worrying I'll end up with another breech. Our local midwife here is highly experienced with breech births and I would have no qualms whatsoever having another breech at home.

I think I might have found the solution to my morning sickness...cheeseburgers! my husband is going to lose his mind as he keeps trying to eliminate unhealthy food from our diet and only wants baby to have good food...but I have had the hardest time with the morning sickness and vomiting. I got a prescription from my dr office today for medication to help since I haven't been able to work much being so sick, but I have been torn on if I wanted to take it or not. I spoke to a friend this morning who had strong m/s too and she said that she didn't take the meds but was able to power through and suggested a few foods that helped her. I went out and bought the lifesavers she mentioned and they helped a little, and then went out and got a cheeseburger and it has really helped settle my stomach. She also mentioned preggo pops but I couldn't find any place near that carried those.

This is funny, mcdonalds cheeseburgers are like one of the only things I can eat. So weird. Also the preggo pops are crap, I've never heard of anyone they work for. I pretty much can't eat anything :(. My dr gave me a prescription for diclectin and said try ginger tea and ginger ale. Won't help though :(

Nikoru - I know its hard but you gotta relax just a bit. When I feel like I'm getting myself worked up I pat my tummy and tell baby to stay put and then tell myself that baby is fine and I will freak out if there when there is a reason too. But I completely agree with you on how the forum and internet can get you even more nervous. I have gotten such good tips from this site, but a part thinks that I would be obliviously happy and not worried at all about anything going wrong if I didn't find it. The good thing is that if anything does goes wrong at least i'm more grounded and realistic and i don't think it will be as shattering as if I was completely ignorant to the dangers

Yeah to be honest I think I got myself all worked up over nothing as well because now my boobs are starting to hurt a bit more again. *sigh* I think it really was reading about someone yesterday and I got frightened. I just need to think positive and what will be will be. If there are severe chromosomal abnormalities it's probably best to m/c. I keep telling myself that but it doesn't make it any better.

NDN, sorry you are worrying about a midwife. I can't really suggest anything though but I'll keep my fingers crossed that she is available for you!

This is funny, mcdonalds cheeseburgers are like one of the only things I can eat. So weird. Also the preggo pops are crap, I've never heard of anyone they work for. I pretty much can't eat anything :(. My dr gave me a prescription for diclectin and said try ginger tea and ginger ale. Won't help though :(

Yup! That's exactly where I get cheeseburgers from. I agree that the ginger ale is not really much help. I can't even keep it down these days. My dr. prescribed Ondansetron (Zofran), but after doing a little research I'm getting conflicting reports on whether or not there is a higher risk of defects in the baby...fighting with DH on whether cheeseburgers are the way to go...

Cheeseburgers are definitely the way to go! Only thing I could eat during parts of my first pregnancy...well, them and ice cream smoothies.

Nicole- Glad you're feeling a little better and it is hard to not worry as we are all more than aware what can happen during the first few mths but all we can do is hope an pray all goes well ;) x

Pb9- Thank you! sooo relieved and going to start enjoying being pregnant now as waited such a long time for this <3 cheeseburgers sound good to me! haha. whatever works! x

Omg I'm so craving cheeseburgers right now, will try to make some at home, hopefully it will be slightly healthier :)

OMG! I blame you all for the fact that I really fancy McDonalds right now :haha:

Normally I'm all preggo see preggo do with food talk but no thanks - I dont do fast food . So far my incessant appetite is being satiated by celery with peanut butter and apple wedges with cheese, and nuts by the handful, and junk food hasn't even entered my radar.

And carrots! I've eaten a whole kilo of carrots this week alone.

Nothing is satisfying me for long. Even when i eat a big dinner i'm thinking i feel like its just not filling me up and after i am more hungry than before! :rofl:
I want to eat crisps and bread mainly! Gone off chocolate only reason being it doesn't fill you up so it seems pointless! haha:

Hi ladies!!! Mind if I join? I am excited to announce I am 4 weeks pregnant, due June 17th (which ironically is my sons 2nd birthday). We are expecting our second and likely last baby. Happy and healthy 9 months to everyone!!

Ugh, sitting in bed eating dry Cheerios to try and ward off the ms. Today will be my first day at work being really sick. Hope it goes ok. I need to leave in 40 mins so gotta get my butt in gear! DD may be getting dropped off in her pj's today haha &#128514;

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->