- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

I was taking Pregnacare conception whilst I was TTC, then swapped to the usual Pregnacare tablets since I got my BFP on 23rd Sept... just started getting MS over the past few days.

Sorry should have said i just took the folic acid tablet yesterday instead of the all in one tablet. I have took folic acid since before ttc but stopped it whilst i took the multivitamin and yesterday i reverted back to just folic acid. I will give my doctor a phone tomorrow and hope i can get to speak to someone.

Make sure you eat before you take the vitamins... I get sick if I take them on an empty stomach. :hugs:

Right! Then I'd just take the folic acid to be honest. That's all that's recommended anyway, I think the specific pregnancy multivits are a bit of a money grab (I did take them with my first but won't bother with this one) folic acid will do just fine and I add some vit D because I live in Scotland and likely won't see much of the sun until March :(

Ok I think I have the front page all updated!

I also added everyone to the group on FB that I had requests from. I changed the name on the profile from June Dates to June Smith and changed the picture to something random other than a lady bug. Hopefully that's a bit more discreet for everyone. You can also delete the profile after you've been added to the group.

I take progesterone twice a day (as a precaution, my numbers were great), baby aspirin once a day, a folic acid med once a day, and a prenatal.

My prenatal says folate on it rather than folic acid. It's made only from organic plant materials, fruit vegetables herbs etc. maybe that might be gentler for everyone?

https://www.gardenoflife.com/Products-for-Life/Kind-Organics/Prenatal-Multi.aspx

Lots of people have good reviews about not being sick with them. I haven't been sick yet. But I have felt rather nauseous and the pill is rather large and you have to take 3 to get the serving size.

I also take a DHA supplement too.

I have to take the additional folic acid concentrate because I have an issue that my body doesn't absorb folic acid correctly, so I need a higher amount of it. This is new this pregnancy after all of the testing after my loss.

I take a DHA supplement too. I think that and the folic acid are the most important at this stage anyway.

I'd love to be descreit but unfortunately my oh told my 4yo (he's four tomorrow) that there was a baby in mummy's tummy. He then blurted this out to my parents at the weekend! Bless he's so excited to be a big brother. Got my folic acid tablets today. At some point I need to believe I'm pregnant but currently I'm in a bit of denial!

Oh bless him. Thats exactly why we haven't told my almost 3 year old yet.

Welcome to all the newcomers.

Yes prenatals can often cause problems. The high iron doses in them can often cause constipation as well. If you have issues, just take folic acid on its own, or increase your consumption of folate rich foods. I don't take a specific prenatal, but I do always take a womens multivitamin that has everything required for a prenatal that doesn't block me up and I know is absorbed at a cellular level (many vitamins honestly just go straight through without much getting to your cells)

I am so tired. Ive had no motivation to do anything lately, but I have a sewing business and really need to get back to my sewing or I won't meet my deadlines :/

Please wish me good luck for the next coming days. I'm am petrified of bleeding again although probably quite likely as I have a large clot. I thought the clot signified that the wall was coming away there but perhaps not. Anyway my husband works long hours and I'm terrified of miscarrying on my own and bleeding too much and not being able to get help.

Probably a silly concern but it scares me. Normally I'm fine with health related stuff. I had intermediate uveitis which can threatens blindness and I didn't worry that much at all. I did wonder if I was getting correct treatment and diagnosis due to lots of doctors messing up but I never worried about going blind.

Also emotionally I'm not sure how long I can keep this up with the up and down roller coaster of events. Every little twinge is scary. I just think I'm going to bleed again and it will all be over. There are moments when I think it is just out of my hands and if it is meant it will happen and if it isn't it won't but not long after I start to panic again.

Has anyone got any tips on how to mentally relax more?

Sorry for rambling on guys, you've probably heard too much about me already and you just want to be excited about your own pregnancies so I am sorry again for posting so much.

That's good news... when is your appt? x

Appointment is on the 22nd first thing in the morning. A week from tomorrow. Can't wait! It won't feel real until then.

Nikoru - I'm sure it is so rough not knowing for sure what is going on. Hopefully the bleeding stops and you'll be able to see some more development soon. I know it has to be all consuming right now with all the worry and not knowing. Keeping my fingers crossed you'll have some good news soon.

Please wish me good luck for the next coming days. I'm am petrified of bleeding again although probably quite likely as I have a large clot. I thought the clot signified that the wall was coming away there but perhaps not. Anyway my husband works long hours and I'm terrified of miscarrying on my own and bleeding too much and not being able to get help.

Probably a silly concern but it scares me. Normally I'm fine with health related stuff. I had intermediate uveitis which can threatens blindness and I didn't worry that much at all. I did wonder if I was getting correct treatment and diagnosis due to lots of doctors messing up but I never worried about going blind.

Also emotionally I'm not sure how long I can keep this up with the up and down roller coaster of events. Every little twinge is scary. I just think I'm going to bleed again and it will all be over. There are moments when I think it is just out of my hands and if it is meant it will happen and if it isn't it won't but not long after I start to panic again.

Has anyone got any tips on how to mentally relax more?

Sorry for rambling on guys, you've probably heard too much about me already and you just want to be excited about your own pregnancies so I am sorry again for posting so much.

Don't feel bad. That's what everyone is here for. I wish I could tell you how to relax but I can't. When I was going through the same thing, I was always so on edge and afraid to leave my house because I didn't want to start bleeding in public. It's rough. The only thing I can say is to try to focus on making it to Friday and know that you should hopefully have answers by then. In the meantime you can't do much but try to relax and rest. I'm so sorry you're going through this. The emotional roller coaster beforehand was almost worse than my actual miscarriage. If you need someone to talk to, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Niko OMG! I just caught up on all this and I can't believe everything you are going through! I agree with everyone else about not doing ANYTHING you're not comfortable with. I wouldn't have a d&c unless there was irrefutable proof. And I think you should consider a different dr (if that's possible in Japan) since this one obviously isn't putting any of you first. Sorry if that's rough but it's just my opinion.
Also I read that the swelling of the uterus (esp w/twins!) can put pressure on your bladder or urethra and make emptying difficult, but that leaning forward helps. I tried it this morning --i pee like every 10 mins--and it helped get a little extra gush at the end haha! :blush:

My m/s is really officially here. Yesterday I thought maybe it was just coincidence but it woke me up this morning! I haven't been sick yet, but I'm definitely a bit green! I've been taking prenatals for several years though (just because they are good for women in general) so I know it's not that.

Also I had a pretty funny hormone moment earlier, I came home from work and threw myself on the bed and cried because I was tired. DH was like....okay, what in the world is wrong with you? I immediately started cracking up (mascara still all over my face, it was probably terrifying to see), then started crying again a minute later, then back to laughing until DH handed me some pizza rolls and made it all better. The whole time in my head I knew it was ridiculous but it was like I had no control. I just kept thinking...is this real life? :shrug::haha:

Two weeks from today until we FINALLY get to go for the hb. I can't wait, I'm hoping I'll relax a bit more at that point!

Thank you shilo and sengland.

I think I actually agree with you shilo. When I thought I was miscarrying on Friday and on Monday I accepted it, and wanted to get on with it so I could eventually move on. It's the not knowing that is the worst. The anticipation, the hope, the fright that your hopes may be crushed in just 5 minutes with the doctor etc.

I think the doctor was quick to judge but I feel that maybe she could also be right. Then I feel like I'm a crazy person grasping at straws.

My breasts aren't so tender today as well which is getting me down. I know it can just be normal fluctuation though but right at the moment I'm over analysing everything.

Good luck Niko and lots of :hugs: incan only imagine the yoyo of emotion you've been experiencing this last week. I have no practical advice for you in terms of how to cope with the stress because, although I'm a born worrier, for some reason whenever I'm pregnant I'm just somehow able to accept that no amount of worrying will change the outcome - I'll either end up with a baby or I won't and I may as well enjoy it. In fairness I've only had one scare at 14 weeks. Miscarriage or threatened miscarriage would probably change my outlook for sure.

Nikoru the not knowing is the worst for sure. *huge hugs* Don't worry. Come here when you need to chat. If you could find out you could move towards accepting one way or the other, but you are stuck in a limbo.

I'm so sorry. When is your next appt?

As for me - I got my second round of blood work today. I'm anxious to get my results back tomorrow. I want to hear that those numbers are still looking great.

Nikoru the not knowing is the worst for sure. *huge hugs* Don't worry. Come here when you need to chat. If you could find out you could move towards accepting one way or the other, but you are stuck in a limbo.

I'm so sorry. When is your next appt?

As for me - I got my second round of blood work today. I'm anxious to get my results back tomorrow. I want to hear that those numbers are still looking great.

Its on Friday. I will be 6+2 by then.

Does anyone know what I should be looking for? Could 6+2 be still too early? If there are no heartbeats what would be a good sign things are still progressing normally? I feel like if we don't see anything on Friday it might be the end of the road as I think the fetal poles are probably going to be big enough (if they are still there and indeed growing). I'd just be over the moon to find two lovely beating heartbeats and prove that doctor horribly wrong. Then maybe she'll think next time about her advice. I think most Japanese people just do exactly as the doctor says, so probably maybe hasn't seen the outcome of waiting. I know I will be absolutely heartbroken and shattered if there are no heartbeats though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->