- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Hi ladies....

Just got my result for my 2nd Beta HCG which was done this morning. It is 419.6 at 17dpIUI.

At 15dpIUI my HCG = 148.01

I'm glad it definitely doubled...but it more than doubled? Hope that's okay!!!

I had my first beta done at the clinic I did an IUI in. My doctor only required one reading but I got tempted to do the other one today at 17dpiui, so I went to a hospital near my house...

I know doctors dont care so much about numbers but more that they are raising. :)

In other countries I know it's standard to repeat it 3 x or so. Shall I go get a third one done for 19dpiui? Any opinions?

Thanks in advance :)

You know, to be honest I don't know why they test hcg in the first place if there's no reason for worry. Positive pee stick = pregnant is all the hcg testing most women will ever need and I think too many of us get stressed about numbers. So, in my very uneducated (because they don't test hcg here) view, I wouldn't bother to go back for a 3rd draw. Your numbers are rising, everything is fine. :)

2 draws is perfect. My Dr has the same theory as in all we'll get is a couple numbers and a positive test will tell us what we already know. Needless to say, I didn't get any draws although I would've preferred to!

I remember with my first being practically crippled by the worry of miscarriage. I would cry every day and night just 'knowing' I was going to have a miscarriage. At around 5 weeks when I bled and cramped and passed clots and all I wasn't at all mentally prepared like I thought!!! I still went on to have a healthy baby but I remember the worries like it was yesterday! Sorry for everyone who has to go through that :nope: idk why but I'm much more relaxed this pregnancy although I feel like I'm 'too relaxed' which causes slight worry, doesn't make sense I know :haha:

Yes this HCG just adds more stress, totally agree.
I even asked my doctor why I needed to do it and I guess it was just a precaution since I have miscarried before. *sigh*
However, I am glad to know that the numbers are rising, that's all that matters really.

Yes, miscarriage and dealing with all that is so difficult. The last time I got my BFP I never once imagined I would miscarry. I never felt any different, infact I had symptoms of pregnancy where as now I don't have any. All of a sudden I felt one horrible cramp/stabbing pain and that was it. I was so excited last time, so I was equally heartbroken when we found out we were losing the pregnancy.

Here's to staying positive and sending good vibes to everyone :)

Welcome!! :flower:

So I know this is super early to discuss but I'm bored at work :haha: Really, no motivation at all!!! Anyways, What are your ladies plans re: feeding and diapering? With my first I didn't really have intentions on breastfeeding at all :shrug: Didn't do my research, just thought I'd go with the flow and probably formula feed. The nurse asked when I was in labor what I planned on doing and I just thought..umm didn't really think about it and said I'd give bf a shot. We ended up bf until almost 2! Never thought I would, honestly!! We also tried cloth diapering when he was around 18 months but we didn't have a washer/dryer at the time and it was quite complicated. I'd love to give it a shot again from day 1 this time, we already have almost a full stash give or take a few things. What are your plans? if any!! I know it's still early to be thinking about :haha:

Bfing for sure! #1 will be done bfing in december when he turns 1....no tandem bfing for me. And I know cloth would be best, but I just can't do it...so disposables all the way!

I'm very worried I won't be able to keep up with it too! I'm determined to so I hope I can but, it can be a lot of work.

I had difficulty bf my 1st due to a few issues but will be trying again with this one. I will be using disposables.

I'll definitely try and breastfeed, but I don't want to set myself any goals for how long I should be breastfeeding because I think it'd be undue pressure. I'll make sure we have bottles/steriliser on hand in case I end up having to bottle feed for whatever reason but even if I have no trouble breastfeeding I think I'd like to express at some point any way so that DH can get involved with feeds too.

We'll be using disposables :)

I'll be breastfeeding again but pumping sometimes like kit603 since then DH can do some feedings while I sleep some. I'll also be doing disposable diapers. I just know I wouldn't be able to keep up with cloth diapers especially with my daughter being 2 when this one is born. I can barely keep up with the wash now!

I really want to try and breastfeed, hoping it works for us. But I will have to go with disposables for diapers....it just sounds like such a mess to do cloth. But I HIGHLY respect anyone who does it! :)

Welcome all newbies :flower:

Disposables and bottle feeding - I have breast hypoplasia and insufficient glandural tissue, very unlikely that I'd be able to breastfeed and I'd rather enjoy my baby than struggle with getting a possible drop of milk. Excited about DH being able to be hands-on from the beginning and do his share of waking up during the night as well :)

I'm starting to feel scared of going to sleep, these pregnancy dreams are something else! I have nightmares of forgetting my baby somewhere and neglecting him/her and also of DH leaving me or ending up in prison etc. I wake up shivering every morning!

I'm excited to try breastfeeding again. With my first I exclusively pumped for 10 months before quitting. Pumping a million times a day is sooooo hard. I can't believe I made it that far :) I had to start pumping due to my hard recovery and pph I had after.

I will most definitely be breastfeeding <3 It's hard but worth it!! With my first I could only breastfeeding for four weeks and then started supplementing and stopped at six weeks for medical reasons. With my second, he had a severe tongue tie (still has it but doesn't cause any problems) and couldn't latch so I pumped (no supplementing) for a year. I was SO proud of myself when I got to a year. Two babies, work, full time college and pumping every few hours was no easy job. With my third and sixth I pumped for a few months and donated, my two boys that had passed away. I've learned a lot about breastfeeding in the past two years.

We will be using cloth for the first time!! :thumbup: :happydance: I'm quite excited about trying some new things this time around.

Hi all! Catching up after the weekend, so so sorry for your loss Yoshy.

Pretty blah weekend for me, struggled with MS a bit last week, off and on nausea on top of extreme exhaustion.... not fun.

I will try to breastfeed but had trouble with my first so won't feel bad about supplementing.

I struggle so much with the cloth / disposable debate. Cloth is such a collosal waste of water and that seems like the more pressing issue right now so I think I will stick with disposable. In the US we have brands that are kind of half and half - disposable / biodegradable inserts in cloth diapers. One brand is called GDiapers. I used those sometimes with my last so might again.

I will most definitely be breastfeeding <3 It's hard but worth it!! With my first I could only breastfeeding for four weeks and then started supplementing and stopped at six weeks for medical reasons. With my second, he had a severe tongue tie (still has it but doesn't cause any problems) and couldn't latch so I pumped (no supplementing) for a year. I was SO proud of myself when I got to a year. Two babies, work, full time college and pumping every few hours was no easy job. With my third and sixth I pumped for a few months and donated, my two boys that had passed away. I've learned a lot about breastfeeding in the past two years.

We will be using cloth for the first time!! :thumbup: :happydance: I'm quite excited about trying some new things this time around.

Wow that's amazing. Good for you! I couldn't imagine pumping while having 2 little ones to tend to. I'm sure if something comes up to prevent breast feeding again this time, I will pump again.

I will be breast feeding as I didn't have any issues with my first and fed for 3 1/2 years. I cloth nappied with my first too but found them expensive and broke around a year so will be disposable nappies this time.

I'm def. gonna try cloth diapers! I love that they're so cute :D

And I got my first apt on friday morning! Quite nervous....:p

I have tons of respect for the pumping mommas!!! That had to have been extremely hard. Good for you ladies :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->