- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

No labor playlist for me. I played cards and board games with my first. I think with this one it's going to be different, it's going to be extremely emotional. I plan on having a photographer there the moment labor starts to after. I will be going all natural; as in no type of pain medication or relief.

Definitely breastfeeding did my sin for 21 months and we will be doing disposable as I can't keep up on our laundry as it is...;)

I have a Doppler from my first and plan to use it again. I can't remember when I could find a heartbeat on it but I think it was later than they say is the earliest to be detected so I won't freak out if I don't hear it right away. Plus, I have an appointment this week where we'll hopefully see or hear the heartbeat.

No labor playlist for me. I didn't have one the first time around I just sat around and talked with everyone and this one will most likely be a repeat C-section so I'll have no need for it.

No Playlist planned. Last time was just sitting around talking. I did have pain meds so my labor was actually enjoyable and memorable. I hope it goes as smoothly this time.

Hey guys, just a quick update from my holiday. Second day in to the holiday, started bleeding bright red and went to hospital. Miscarried at 5 weeks. Good luck to the rest of you :flower:

buffyx - I'm so sorry for your loss! Hopefully you can still enjoy some of your holiday or at least relax some.

Thanks. Glad it happened at the start, so I've Had my time to be sad about it, and now I'd love to enjoy the rest of my holiday. I've still got 14 nights left :)

Thanks. Glad it happened at the start, so I've Had my time to be sad about it, and now I'd love to enjoy the rest of my holiday. I've still got 14 nights left :)

So sorry Buffy. That's a positive attitude. Hope you get a sticky bean soon!

Hey guys, just a quick update from my holiday. Second day in to the holiday, started bleeding bright red and went to hospital. Miscarried at 5 weeks. Good luck to the rest of you :flower:

I'm so sorry :( :hugs:

I have to be positive.
It's my honeymoon, and you only get one (well, I'm only having one ;)) I was very sad and upset last night, but I've woken up feeling much better. I wish you guys all the best :flower:

Buffy I am so so sorry! I really don't know what to say :( I hope you get a sticky one soon! Please try to enjoy the rest of your holiday if possible.

We really are getting ahead of ourselves with bf, nappies (what we call diapers in the UK) and labour soundtracks. Although I'm trying not to think too much about the future, I have thought about it a little because what I would have liked might have to change significantly if I do indeed end up having twins. I always wanted to breast feed, use cloth nappies, have a natural birth, wear my baby (VERY big in Japan, since it's so busy and crowded, it's the safest place for them to be, they start from newborn over here) and generally have most things as natural as possible. Now it might not be impossible with twins but I think I'm going to have to figure out what works and what doesn't. I doubt the cloth nappies will be a go. I'm definitely going to try breast feeding and see how that goes. As for natural birth, I'm going to see what the doctors here recommend. I don't want a c-section but I want the best chance for the babies and if doctors here and not experienced with natural twin births then I definitely want to take the route they are more comfortable with and have more experience with rather than jeopardise their safety just because I want things a certain way.

Anyway I feel this is completely premature because I'm not even at 12 weeks yet and anything could happen, even after then. Probably will only start thinking seriously at 24-26 weeks.

Nikoru - I know you said it is too early and you don't really want to think about it, but thought I would let you know that I do know someone who breastfed and did cloth diapers with twins. So, if you do decide you want to do it, it is possible! :) I'm sure it is a lot of work too.

Welcome!! :flower:

So I know this is super early to discuss but I'm bored at work :haha: Really, no motivation at all!!! Anyways, What are your ladies plans re: feeding and diapering? With my first I didn't really have intentions on breastfeeding at all :shrug: Didn't do my research, just thought I'd go with the flow and probably formula feed. The nurse asked when I was in labor what I planned on doing and I just thought..umm didn't really think about it and said I'd give bf a shot. We ended up bf until almost 2! Never thought I would, honestly!! We also tried cloth diapering when he was around 18 months but we didn't have a washer/dryer at the time and it was quite complicated. I'd love to give it a shot again from day 1 this time, we already have almost a full stash give or take a few things. What are your plans? if any!! I know it's still early to be thinking about :haha:

Will be breastfeeding (possibly tandem feeding if DD2 doesn't wean and I dont get nursing aversion like last time. My still nursing DD1 will be weaned in the mean time. I'm not planning to triandem feed.
And I'm all about the cloth nappies. Ive only used 62 disposables in almost three years, just for times when we were travelling for full days, by air or train, and not wanting to haul dirty nappies along lol. Have otherwise used cloth even camping and in holidays etc. I've always used the modern cloth ones with snaps but this time I'm thinking of going old school.

Hi all! Catching up after the weekend, so so sorry for your loss Yoshy.

Pretty blah weekend for me, struggled with MS a bit last week, off and on nausea on top of extreme exhaustion.... not fun.

I will try to breastfeed but had trouble with my first so won't feel bad about supplementing.

I struggle so much with the cloth / disposable debate. Cloth is such a collosal waste of water and that seems like the more pressing issue right now so I think I will stick with disposable. In the US we have brands that are kind of half and half - disposable / biodegradable inserts in cloth diapers. One brand is called GDiapers. I used those sometimes with my last so might again.

Here's a research based info graphic showing the actual difference between water consumption of cloth vs disposables. Disposables use an alarming amount of water to mqnufacture . I'm only sharing it cause you brought up the water issue - I dont want anyone to think I'm guilt tripping anyone who used disposables. We all do what we need to do and works best for us.

Really though, I dont find cloth much extra work at all.

Who here has a doppler or is getting a doppler? :)

I have one from last pregnancy and I am so excited to get to use it again. Here in Canada we don't have our first scan until 12 weeks. That means 12 weeks of not knowing if there is a heart beat in there. That is why my ocd self bought a doppler. I was able to find the heartbeat on my own just before 8 weeks. I plan to start trying at 7 weeks with this pregnancy. Just about 3 weeks to go.

I have never had a doppler for home use, but will be getting a fetoscope this time to use from about halfway.

Oh gosh so sorry! What a way to spend your honeymoon! :hugs:

Welcome to the newcomers.

NDH, your thoughts and opinions match mine closely. Do you think it could work with twins? Especially being my first pregnancy.

Also just wanted to ask, are you vegetarian?

I was brought up vegetarian and was for 23 years of my life. I decided I wanted to live in Japan and wanted to embrace the culture. Unfortunately it's rather hard to eat out in Japan being a vegetarian so "trained" myself to eat meat. I couldn't stand the taste or texture for ages. Anyway I can eat meat and I eat a little here and there but I prefer vegetarian if I can. I'd also prefer to bring my children up vegetarians but again probably rather difficult in Japan.

I went vegan for a small amount of time a few years back and although I honestly think it is the healthiest diet you can adopt, I found giving up cheese too difficult.

Anyway sorry I'm jumping to conclusions here.

Oh Buffy I'm so sorry :hugs::hugs: I'm so happy to hear you are staying positive, dear. Hoping with everything that your next one is a sticky little bean. :hugs:

Radiance I'm always at disbelief in how strong some people are. You are truly amazing to have had the journey you've had and still remain so positive. If something goes wrong with this little bean I will be so glad to have found this site and to have heard from women like you to give me hope that my sticky bean will come. I just have to be patient and stay positive.:hugs:

Catching up on the posts and I love how positive this thread has been lately. I absolutely want to breast feed, I hope there are no issues and I get to have the experience. I also will do pumping to let DH join in. Plus my plan is to breast feed til close to a year then switch to solely pumping for as long possible. We're definitely doing diapers although we might buy a few cloths just to try it out.

I would love to use a Doppler but I'm afraid my DH will think I've officially gone baby crazy. :haha: so glad I have u ladies to share my insanity with:happydance:

I know someone who had a vaginal birth, breastfed and used cloth nappies with triplets! I think with twins it would definitely be more difficult, but could still be made to work. I use cloth nappies with both girls still and have to do a load every day, and a load of non nappy wash as well, though my regular washing doesn't total 7 loads a week so I can skip a day or two when it all just gets to be too much.

If I had twins I would still breastfeed but would probably not demand feed as I do now, but get them onto a feeding schedule.

No I'm not a vegetarian, but I can see why you'd ask. I do eat grass fed and ethically raised meat when I can though.

Also I absolutely want a natural water birth but definitely think when the time comes I'm going to be trying to give myself the epidural! DH says maybe on the next one...lets not try to get ahead of ourselves here :haha: he has a point....I whine over a paper cut

Wow with triplets...that's hardcore! I think I might try and see what options are available though if it comes down to it.

I suspect baby wearing is off the cards, couldn't have a newborn strapped to my back.

I am a little fascinated with how many people from the US automatically want an epidural. Obviously I believe everyone should get to have their own opinion and choice and I totally respect everyone's choice but I can't imagine anything worse! The thought itself just scares me...big needle in the spine...yeah I know the risks are low but still if I don't need it, why take a chance?...my sister had to have an emergency c-section and they did something like that and after the baby was born she was just shaking from the drugs and couldn't even hold the baby straight away it wasn't nice.

I think my mother might have forgotten the pain of labour because she said all three of us were a breeze. She said it was just like a bit of bad period pain...not sure I believe her but in the UK we tend to go natural unless we REALLY need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->