- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Who here has a doppler or is getting a doppler? :)

I have one from last pregnancy and I am so excited to get to use it again. Here in Canada we don't have our first scan until 12 weeks. That means 12 weeks of not knowing if there is a heart beat in there. That is why my ocd self bought a doppler. I was able to find the heartbeat on my own just before 8 weeks. I plan to start trying at 7 weeks with this pregnancy. Just about 3 weeks to go.

I breast fed with all 5 of mine, but my body whether due to stress or health, I don't know, usually only lasts 4-6 weeks. I didn't find out with my first one that I had stopped producing milk until the pediatrician asked if he could try and express one of my breasts. I thought my daughter had colic (I was 19) and was always pissed off, nope, turns out I wasn't feeding her. :( I know better now...and I use lots and lots of disposables.

I have a doppler! Gives me so much peace!

Do you remember when you found the heartbeat last time? For some reason I thought I found it sometime in the 7th week but I might have a horrible memory. If not it was 8 weeks for sure. Maybe I will start at 8 weeks so I don't cause myself to panic.

Hi! My name is Samantha. I am due June 1.

Welcome :) June 1st was my daughter's due date. Such a nice date. I love that she actually came on her due date. Now that my due date is June 25th I am hoping the little one comes a week early. I would like to avoid another 10 pound baby :dohh:

I had a Doppler with my first and we used it sometimes but I didn't with my 2nd. I've been lucky to always feel movement from pretty early on

I'll hopefully be able to breastfeed again. I will use disposables again this time. I'm thinking of giving baby wearing a go this time. Lots of friends at sling/wrap addicts so I'll have some good advice x

:hugs: Radiance :hugs: I hope you do okay today :hugs:

Jaan, yay for great hcg levels! woohooo!

I'm planning to breastfeed as long as boobs and baby cooperate. I'm also planning on pumping so DH can get up for middle of the night feedings too :) I would LOVE to cloth diaper, but hubby is not having it :haha: So we'll probably use disposables.

I'll breastfeed and use cloth nappies most of the time (after newborn poo and only during the day, found them pretty rubbish at night with my daughter)

There's been a study out that claims that health disadvantages of formula aren't actually caused by formula, but by other factors that coincide with formula feeding a lot of the time. So yeah, nothing wrong with formula if you choose to go that way, except the taste, but I've never heard a baby complain about that! :D

I have a carrier, but #1 hated it for the first few months and I was told to not carry her too much anyway because I had quite bad SPD that needed to get better, so no heavy/prolonged lifting for me. So I'll mix carrying and using the pram again, like I did with my first.

I doubt i will get much sleep tonight. Still worried about my appointment tomorrow and colleagues finding out before i am ready to tell. Also i have been having cramps on and off today once or twice its been extremely sore. I have been stuck inside with my 2 year old all day so i have been trying to keep her occupied so ive probably done too much. Does anyone know how safe it is to play horses etc with my daughter, when im on the sofa she constantly wants to be on top of me and loves sitting on my back playing horses.

Don't worry about playing with your daughter, it's completely safe. Don't overexert yourself of course, but I doubt you would with just playing. Baby is still tiny and cushioned really well at this point. :)

No Doppler for me although I really want one. I would put myself into pure panic which is definitely not needed. My uterus is a little odd and it makes it very hard to find heartbeats. In fact, I never got to hear Stephen's heartbeat and we lost him at 16 weeks. In the US, most start using the dopplers are 12 weeks. My old OBs tried at 10 weeks and on.

Hope playing horsies is okay bc that's all my 2 year old wants to do these days :haha: I'd like to get a doppler this time..anyone have any recommendations?

The MW's here in the uk only start using it at 16 week appointment as baby is still so small before then that they can miss it too. I borrowed one last time and did use it from about 11 weeks though. I found HB pretty easily and it stopped me from panicking. This time however I don't think I will borrow it again. I don't know why really. X

While we're getting way ahead of ourselves: what's everyone thinking for labour playlists? My usual taste in music isn't very labour compatible...you know pretty hate machine is a great album, but not when you're trying to relax, keep calm and squeeze an eight pound baby out your lady parts in peace.
So far I only have Bob Marley and a few german artists I've not listened to in a while (no...not Rammstein.) any ideas?

Nikoru - I have a dull achey pain too. No bleeding, lots of cream/yellowy colored cm.
Constipation can be so painful too... and you never know which is which. :shrug:

Radiance - sorry for what you´ve had to go through :hugs:
I hope this is your rainbow baby. :baby:

jaan - nice HCG figures :) Doubling is good, more is good.

Snufkin - Hcg isn´t tested here either. Just a pee stick and call the midwife. Then the first appointment is usually around 8 weeks, and a sonogram soon after. Sometimes not until 12 weeks.

ttcfirstb - welcome :)

kissesandhugs - I plan on breastfeeding for at least 6 months this time (with some pumping so DH can take care of a few night feedings). Last time I only breastfed for 12 weeks, and went to work... I had 3 months of b-milk stocked so he was "breast"fed until 6 months old... I really want to try cloth diapering again. Couldn´t last time as LO was so sensitive to the diaper being wet, he couldn´t sleep at all... disposables this time around, I´m going to try the new type of cloth diapers, looks nice and easy. Ready diapers with inserts. Fx it will work this time around.

I got my doppler on amazon... works fine :) same as this one https://www.google.is/search?q=dopp...rasound-fetal-doppler-BABY-SHD32.html;800;800

6footnoodle - I have a doppler, love it and can´t wait to be able to start using this time :)

MissFox - welcome :)

I will hopefully be able to breastfeed. I'm hoping they'll also take a bottle sometimes so I can pump and my fiance can do feeding sometimes. I would love to do cloth and may in the future but we live in an apartment without a washer and dryer so it's not practical for us right now.

One of my friends is loaning me her doppler but I probably won't try to use it until 9-10 weeks. I have a tilted uterus so I'm worried it may take a while to pick up a heartbeat.

Welcome everyone who just joined!!

I plan on breastfeeding (as long as all goes well). I'm hoping it does as my milk came in without issue last time, even though I just wanted it to dry up quick since had lost our son. I did see a silver lining of okay at least the milk does come in.

I'm going to do disposable diapers.

I will not be getting a doppler, as I think it will become an obsession and freak me out more than calm me down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->