- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

I am loving potatoes. I need to eat some form everyday. I also crave creamy things or sauce. Right now I would kill for an avocado or egg salad lol. Oh and I love chicken.

Please tell me someone else feels like this. I feel ill, sick but never been sick, more a windy bloat like feeling in my belly which only disappears when i have something to eat. I know i sound like a mad woman but its really hard to describe it. I have also had some sharp pains like trapped wind.

I had my booking in appointment yesterday which consisted of form filling and got bloods taken. It lasted about half and hour. I was told my first scan will be between 12 and 14 weeks so i have 5-7 weeks to wait.

I needed green peppers last night, got that and now I definitely don't want them since I ate so much lol. I craved fish yesterday, my awesome grandma made me some for lunch. So again, cured that craving. Now I'm wanting watermelon :haha: seems to be easy fixes so far. Last pregnancy I didn't have cravings until 2nd and 3rd tri and they were sparse. Seems I'm always craving something these days.

Had my first appointment today and she changed my due date by almost two weeks. I am entirely unsure how that happened because we only dtd a couple times when I thought I was ovulating. She measured me at 6+1 today and we saw a heartbeat, so I am hoping all is well. She is going to see me again in a week and do another ultrasound, which kind of worries me, but I am sure everything will be fine. :)

My beta was low when we checked it at work last week and I freaked out thinking I would have an empty sac, but my beta was just fine for my new due date. And there is definitely a little baby in there with a little heartbeat flicker! We are thrilled.

Does anyone know why she would want to do another ultrasound next week? I asked her if she was worried and if everything was okay and she said it is just fine. I was just kind of confused as to why she wants to see me again so soon if everything is fine. Oh well.

New due date is June 16. Can we change it on the front page?

she probably just wants to check again (to be super safe) since you really thought you conceived on a different week. if your dr isn't worried i wouldn't worry!

I really hate morning sickness...it was almost unbearable today, I didn't think I was going to make it to work! my stomach has a mind of it's own because I feel hungry when I wake up and if I eat I get sick but if I don't eat I get sick. :wacko:

My boobs are bigger too...I was already big pre-pregnancy (32G) now i'm busting out of the cups and am practically willing them to stop! I don't want to end up a Z!!!!

I have a weird food issue though, I cant taste things anymore. I got garlic buns for dinner and they were bland. my bf said they were great but I couldn't taste it! It's the same with other salty foods too but sweet foods like fruit still taste normal. anyone have this problem?

so far the only smell that drives me insane is when I get even a whiff of truck exhaust. it sucks because I drive for a living...

I will not complain about my DDDs any more ;) lol. I did have a conversation with my boobs today and told them to slooooow down :haha:

So far all I've really craved is boiled eggs and ranch. So I've been eating salad for lunch with boiled eggs and ranch on top. LOL

Otherwise, I haven't had any cravings. But it's early days for me. :thumbup:

I am DYING to tell everyone now!!! I originally was going to wait until I was nearly full term unless we found out something was wrong were we very well could lose our baby OR if I went into preterm labor which is also a possibility. But then after talking to my OH we decided 20-24 weeks when people normally find out gender, though we will know earlier. Now that I've seen baby, heartbeat, and have known for almost six weeks I don't want to. :wacko: I'm attempting to wait at least until Thanksgiving week when I get into second trimester or Christmas.

Anyone else having a hold time not sharing?

Radiance, YES I am having the hardest time! I've told a few close friends, my DH couldn't hold his excitement and told everyone at his job (lol). I reallllly want to tell my close friends at work, but also want to keep it private just in case something happens I don't want to have to explain things at work (which would be hellish for me). And there's the possibility that my friends at work won't be able to hold their tongues and will let it slip out to other people that I'd rather not explain things to should something go wrong.

Radiance,

I feel a little in the minority. I am not ready to tell anyone. Honestly DH and I are having a tough time financially and this came as a sorta surprise.. but not really. (I thought I was going to have a hard time with my history).

I am a little afraid of the judgement since people know our status, and also coming to grips that affording a child is going to be tough for the both of us.

Gotta trust that this is what is meant to be!

Hey Ladies, have any of you felt any sharp pains in your abdomen? Its like I was so hungry as they were going to order Nice Indian food for lunch for Diwali - but it did not end up arriving so I went with some of my colleagues for lunch, and I guess ended up eating more than I should - but whatever, I am getting pain in my abdomen, not in the lower part like pelvic area but around my intestines and its like sudden pain comes and goes like cramps. Has that happened to anyone of you? I am getting scared :(

Radiance, DH and I have not told anyone - except me I ended up telling my sisters as I could not keep it from them. We have decided to tell my in-laws and father next week after first prenatal visit (though I am having second thoughts of holding it tilll 2nd trimester) - will see. I personally feel like telling everyone but just having thoughts what if something does not turn out as it should.

We're waiting to tell everyone until 13 weeks, but that's just because we'll have a picture then. We've told all our family and are telling friends when we see them. I wouldn't want to have to hide my feelings if something did go wrong, and at the same time I am quite optimistic that everything will be fine, so there's no reason to wait either way.

All your creamy food talk has made me feel a bit sick again, can't stand anything creamy at all (no coffee, no soup, no porridge!!) i've found I keep food down the best if I have an apple with it, the sourness somehow keeps my nausea at bay. My mum is visiting from back home in a couple of weeks (I'm from Germany originally) and she is bringing me fizzy sweets, they're like apple flavoured sour hard candies with a fizzy filling. Orange juice is another thing that really helps me, but I've been going a bit easier on it now because it hurts my throat when I do have to throw up...oh the joys of early pregnancy! :D

Radiance,

I feel a little in the minority. I am not ready to tell anyone. Honestly DH and I are having a tough time financially and this came as a sorta surprise.. but not really. (I thought I was going to have a hard time with my history).

I am a little afraid of the judgement since people know our status, and also coming to grips that affording a child is going to be tough for the both of us.

I understand
the judgement. My reasons are different though. Since we've lost five in a row and all in the same year... well August 2013-July 2014 people seem to like to say things like "why do you guys keep trying" "Why would you put yourself through that again" "Why not wait at least three years..." For me it's annoying. I have a team of doctors, we discuss these types of things. We all share our opinions on waiting, trying, tests and so on. If we want to try again then we will and it's no ones business why. You know? My husband wants to wait a bit, he's not ready to share and I respect that. I do think it's because of what I listed above. His family can be quite insensitive.

I've told close friends and family and my boss but word has got around as we have random people we haven't seen in months at the store offering their congratulations. So apparently it has not been on the hush hush as we would have liked. I'm not too bothered though :) I'll announce it 'publicly' (facebook hahahah) after our ultrasound given that everything goes well. And to co workers. I'm sure people have their suspicions though!! Honestly I'd like the support if something was to go wrong so I'm not worried about who finds out etc. I couldn't wait until 20+ weeks especially as I show very very early but I understand completely why people would!!!

Radiance,

I understand
the judgement. My reasons are different though. Since we've lost five in a row and all in the same year... well August 2013-July 2014 people seem to like to say things like "why do you guys keep trying" "Why would you put yourself through that again" "Why not wait at least three years..." For me it's annoying. I have a team of doctors, we discuss these types of things. We all share our opinions on waiting, trying, tests and so on. If we want to try again then we will and it's no ones business why. You know? My husband wants to wait a bit, he's not ready to share and I respect that. I do think it's because of what I listed above. His family can be quite insensitive.
That's too bad people have to be that way!!! :nope: no respect for boundaries whatsoever.

Radiance, YES I am having the hardest time! I've told a few close friends, my DH couldn't hold his excitement and told everyone at his job (lol). I reallllly want to tell my close friends at work, but also want to keep it private just in case something happens I don't want to have to explain things at work (which would be hellish for me). And there's the possibility that my friends at work won't be able to hold their tongues and will let it slip out to other people that I'd rather not explain things to should something go wrong.

There's no right or wrong time. It's hard either way. I tried hiding my fifth pregnancy, which I did- only one person knew and it was so hard for me. Harder than I had expected.

<3

Radiance, DH and I have not told anyone - except me I ended up telling my sisters as I could not keep it from them. We have decided to tell my in-laws and father next week after first prenatal visit (though I am having second thoughts of holding it tilll 2nd trimester) - will see. I personally feel like telling everyone but just having thoughts what if something does not turn out as it should.

I think most people have those thoughts <3 Good luck sharing next week!

Weve told family and close friends, waiting to tell the world after the first appt. in 2 weeks. My thoughts are that life begins at conception and this is a human being, so why not tell people I love! If something happens, I would want people there to support me.

I agree 100% :thumbup:

We're waiting to tell everyone until 13 weeks, but that's just because we'll have a picture then. We've told all our family and are telling friends when we see them. I wouldn't want to have to hide my feelings if something did go wrong, and at the same time I am quite optimistic that everything will be fine, so there's no reason to wait either way.

All your creamy food talk has made me feel a bit sick again, can't stand anything creamy at all (no coffee, no soup, no porridge!!) i've found I keep food down the best if I have an apple with it, the sourness somehow keeps my nausea at bay. My mum is visiting from back home in a couple of weeks (I'm from Germany originally) and she is bringing me fizzy sweets, they're like apple flavoured sour hard candies with a fizzy filling. Orange juice is another thing that really helps me, but I've been going a bit easier on it now because it hurts my throat when I do have to throw up...oh the joys of early pregnancy! :D

We live away from nearly all of our family and friends. My facebook is 99% family and personal friends so we will most likely be sharing on there for everyone that we hadn't called and told. When I hear creamy, it makes me extremely nausea as well! But I think of other foods like yogurt or alfredo sauce :sick: :haha:

I've told close friends and family and my boss but word has got around as we have random people we haven't seen in months at the store offering their congratulations. So apparently it has not been on the hush hush as we would have liked. I'm not too bothered though :) I'll announce it 'publicly' (facebook hahahah) after our ultrasound given that everything goes well. And to co workers. I'm sure people have their suspicions though!! Honestly I'd like the support if something was to go wrong so I'm not worried about who finds out etc. I couldn't wait until 20+ weeks especially as I show very very early but I understand completely why people would!!!

I liked the thought of waiting and it being a complete surprise to everyone. We're having our "real" wedding in May and I'll be nearly term and I thought that would be a great way to announce but no way could I wait that long.

I've been craving Jell-O but I think it is because I normally can only stomach Jell-O when I have a stomach bug and that is kind of how I feel with morning sickness. Although whoever mentioned boiled eggs and ranch, that sounds amazing right now!

We're trying to wait until Christmas to announce. Our parents and siblings know but no one else. We'll see if I can wait that long.

I talked to one of my nurses today about how bad my anxiety is so I have a reassurance ultrasound tomorrow at 10:30 AM EST. I'm really scared I'll go and they'll say the baby died. J has to work so I'm going alone. Hopefully it goes well. If it does, I'm going to just go for it and make a pregnancy journal and post on Facebook. Might as well stick with positivity and think "this will happen". When I had my miscarriage, it felt so lonely and isolating that no one aside from family ever knew my baby existed. If something goes wrong past 8 weeks then atleast people would know I did have a baby and it died, but it existed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->