- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Hi everyone. I've been lurking for awhile but after a happy scan yesterday at 6w6d, I'm cautiously saying hello. My partner and I have had three losses in the past year and a half so I'm still very nervous. Yesterday we saw a heartbeat and we're really hoping this is the one! This will be our first baby - due June 11.

Welcome Halloweenie! Glad to hear about a good scan, we love those! :)

Happy and Healthy 9 months! :hugs:

Welcome Halloweenie :)

So er update. Cervix is still closed. Ultrasound actually put me ahead 3 days so I'm 5w6d, showed a gestational sac and yolk sac but no heartbeat yet :( not sure if that's something to worry about or not. Have a follow up appointment with my ob tomorrow and hopefully get an ultrasound scheduled for next week sometime. Thanks for all the thoughts and wishes.

I'm not sure when I'm going to tell. If I decline the NT scan, I won't have a scan until the anatomy one at ~20 weeks. So I don't think I could wait for that.

We live in a small house that we bought when we first got married and didn't have as much money. Well after awhile our salaries doubled and I decided (pre-kids) that instead of buying a bigger house, I wanted to buy a beach condo. I just thought, we can adapt to living in a smaller place, people have too much stuff anyway, and now we have a place at the beach for our whole families to enjoy. It was the best decision I ever made.

But I can just see it now...as soon as we tell my MIL she is going to ask a million questions- "Are you going to sell the condo now? Won't you buy a bigger house, with a yard, and a garage now?" This is the same woman who asked when we were getting rid of our cats when she found out we were having a baby the first time. Uhhhm, never? Why would I get rid of my cats? To this day I have no idea why she thought I needed to get rid of them!

My grandmother said the same thing to my sister! she thinks that the cats will smell the milk on the baby's lips and suffocate the baby while it sleeps. I told her that's very unrealistic but she's very adamant about it. I'm almost scared to tell her about my pregnancy because I have a cat, and she's very old fashioned and my bf and I aren't even engaged, let alone married.

Welcome Halloweenie!

So er update. Cervix is still closed. Ultrasound actually put me ahead 3 days so I'm 5w6d, showed a gestational sac and yolk sac but no heartbeat yet :( not sure if that's something to worry about or not. Have a follow up appointment with my ob tomorrow and hopefully get an ultrasound scheduled for next week sometime. Thanks for all the thoughts and wishes.

I wouldn't worry at all! Sounds like a great scan with good signs!! How is your bleeding? I've never seen a heartbeat that early with mine, earliest we've ever seen was 6+5 :hugs: My first scan with this one was 5+1 and we only saw a thick lining and nothing else, as you know we have now seen a growing baby and heartbeat <3

The whole cats laying on babies and suffocating thing is an actual 'thing' believe it or not!! There's been many stories. But it's not something to get rid of your cat for bc the chance of it actually happening plus the precautions someone can take.

Ahewrtbeat before 6 weeks is almost unheard of, and a heartbeat before 6+3 is still pretty rare. No heartbeat as late as 8 weeks isn't cause for alarm on its own either. Did they identify a cause for the bleeding? :hugs:

Thanks girls, makes me feel better :) No known cause for the bleeding :/ same exact thing happened with my first around the same exact time.

Bleeding has seem to subsided a bit it's not flowing anymore just when I wipe. Cramps have seemed to subside as well.

Thank you :) We normally say Heavenly Birthday. We went all out on Elijah's birthday but not so much on Hope which made me feel a little guilty... But I've been a little more anxious because I'm pregnant.

It is okay! You have to do what is right for you every single time. And that could be different every single time! :hugs:

kissesandhugs - I seriously have everything crossed for you. Please let us know how it goes.

Measuring on time with a heart rate of 168. It was wiggling around <3

I'm so glad it went well!

I would try to stay relaxed. That is early, as others have said, and can be normal to not see the heartbeat. Did the er doctor seem concerned? It should be a really good sign that you are measuring correctly (or ahead even). Hopefully your ob can give you more info.

kissesandhugs - Glad everything looked normal on your scan and that the bleeding seems to be stopping.

starluck - I've been contemplating pulling out my maternity pants too. I'm so bloated that my regular pants are just too tight. I'm going to have to go out and get some more since most of mine are work pants and I work from home now so I just need jeans. I'd be interested in where to find some good maternity clothes too. Pants are almost impossible for me though because I'm short.

Er Dr was no help. He said no heartbeat could mean 2 things: it's too early or I'm having a miscarriage. Hmm ya think?? So I'm hoping my ob can give me more info on it. I think it's good the sacs are growing on time too :) going by ovulation date it does make sense I'd be 3 days ahead since I ovulated on cd 12, early for me.

:happydance: Kissesandhugs, I'm so glad everything turned out fine! It's so interesting that this also happened with your first. Let us know what your ob says tomorrow.

welcome halloweenie :)

raelynn, where did you buy your maternity work pants? i honestly don't even know where to look :blush: i love buying my regular work pants from express. they are most expensive than other stores but they literally last me YEARS. I've had their work pants last me 4+ years and I only have to get rid of them because the zipper doesn't work anymore :haha:. Otherwise, the colors don't fade and they always look great - no ironing required :thumbup:

Thanks starluck and just for reference I got all of my maternity work pants from motherhood maternity :) very comfy!!!

Ah I'm so happy for everyone that everyone's appointments went well! Beautiful lo you have their shilo!

Kissesandhugs, I went in at 5+6 saw sac, yolk and fetal pole but no HB. Was stressing until went back at 6+2 and it was there. Yours is probably normal.

With all this good news, I have a bad feeling my appointment will be bad. Can't have too much good news at once right? I'm so scared:(

Nikoru I think your appointment will be fine!! :) once you see heartbeats the chance of miscarriage goes down quite a bit. I had no fetal pole :( now I'm worrying a bit.

I got most of my maternity last time at Old Navy!

I did get a nice pair of maternity jeans at Motherhood, they are a lot pricier than Old Navy though. I've heard only certain Old Navy's have maternity sections.

I think it's better NOT to have a fetal pole because usually you start to visualise the fetal pole right around the same time the heart starts beating. The fact they could see mine without a heartbeat is worrisome. Apparently the heart rates last time were a little slow. She didn't give a number. So I don't know what a little slow means to her, slow side of normal, actually slow or just not what it's meant to be by 9 weeks...god knows. She was speaking Japanese and my husband wasn't asking any questions and was getting annoyed at me asking to translate. I guess if I'm all alone she has to speak English to me. That's at least one good thing (but probably only good thing) about my husband not being able to make it.

Nikoru - I hope your appointment goes fabulous and the doctor answers any and all questions clearly for you! I will admit I just had to google what time it is in Japan. ha ha How long until your appointment? I may have to check what you found out first thing in the morning again as it is 7 pm here. :)

I'm 5 weeks today too! Yay! :)

Seems like everyone is so a head of us. Can't wait for 6 weeks. Just noticed your siggy for name options. My daughter's name is Amelia :)

Starluck only 3 short days you will be at 5 weeks too :)

Kissesandhugs so glad to see everything is ok. I'm sure there will be a heartbeat next week.

Good luck Nikoru!!

Welcome halloweenie. So happy to hear everything's going well this time.

Another day gone and still no family doctor. The search continues tomorrow. Worst case scenario I will go into a walkin clinic next week and ask for a referral to an OBGYN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->