- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Nikoru, my heart goes out to you, i'm so sorry about one of the twins. I'm glad the other is doing well. feel free to vent and grieve you are more than allowed.

After my good scan today, I am choosing to stay positive and think there WILL be a baby instead of being so sure I will miscarry again. I booked a private gender scan for December 13th when I will be 15+4. Let the countdown begin :)

After my good scan today, I am choosing to stay positive and think there WILL be a baby instead of being so sure I will miscarry again. I booked a private gender scan for December 13th when I will be 15+4. Let the countdown begin :)

Shilo, I don't mean to disrupt your positive thinking but did you lose both your twins at the same time or one after the other? I'm just so so scared that I'm going to lose the other one. Before I went in for the scan I asked the doctor about the "slow" heartrate I was worried about and she said it was just because they were so small and it was normal so from going from two normal babies just to one, I'm scared i'll also lose the other. If you don't mind sharing and it isn't too painful, would you be able to tell me about your experience. Sorry if you've already told me earlier.

Thanks for all the kind words and thoughts guys. You are all awesome as always!

Shilo, I don't mean to disrupt your positive thinking but did you lose both your twins at the same time or one after the other? I'm just so so scared that I'm going to lose the other one. Before I went in for the scan I asked the doctor about the "slow" heartrate I was worried about and she said it was just because they were so small and it was normal so from going from two normal babies just to one, I'm scared i'll also lose the other. If you don't mind sharing and it isn't too painful, would you be able to tell me about your experience. Sorry if you've already told me earlier.

One of mine was always measuring behind the other and eventually vanished while the other kept developing. Vanishing twin syndrome. Mine were never normal or had heartbeats and my HCG was messed up. You're in much better shape than I was. Here is a post where I updated as things happened back then if you'd like to read it. It was way different and I've got high hopes for your remaining baby.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...iage-now-hcg-rising-final-update-pg-17-a.html

One of mine was always measuring behind the other and eventually vanished while the other kept developing. Vanishing twin syndrome. Mine were never normal or had heartbeats and my HCG was messed up. You're in much better shape than I was. Here is a post where I updated as things happened back then if you'd like to read it. It was way different and I've got high hopes for your remaining baby.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...iage-now-hcg-rising-final-update-pg-17-a.html

Thank you so much for replying to my comment. I read your miscarriage story on your journal and some of what you were feeling I can relate to. When I thought I was miscarrying I was terrified of the blood and going through it on my own. I think if I lose this one, I will be more than devastated but I think I will also feel some sort of relief like you mentioned. The roller coaster of waiting and anxiety is absolutely awful and I'm just craving some stability and normality. It's my birthday tomorrow and next Saturday my wedding. I have guests to entertain and I'm meant to be on bedrest. The bed rest is getting me down and I never see my husband :(

I can only hope that my appointment next week goes well. If it does, the doctor says I'm allowed to register my pregnancy at the city office (required in Japan for all women) and I might then be able to start to feel positive that this might actually happen. Until then I just have to wait.

:hugs: Niko. I'm so sorry to hear about the second twin :( It must be such a strange twilight zone place to be in, still pregnant but grieving a loss. My best friend had a similar situation with her first. At 8 weeks she miscarried, but hadn't had any scans yet to realize she was having twins. It took a week or two before she suspected she was still pregnant, so had a scan at that point to confirm it had been a twin she had lost and the other baby was doing just fine. And another friend was pregnant with quads and went to her second scan to learn that one baby's heart had stopped beating. The other three babies were just fine though.
I'm very hopeful your remaining twin will be just fine. I hope the clot gets reabsorbed into your body when the other baby does (which is usually what happens in this sort of situation) so you can hopefully breathe a little easier

So sorry about your loss Nikoru, I will pray for you and the other bean to be a sticky one. I really feel for all of you ladies with bleeding -- I haven't had any but one day I was bleeding due to constipation and for a moment thought it's pregnancy related and I was utterly terrified. Even if everything is Ok it's still so scary.

Does anyone know how accurate early scans are? I had mine today and baby was 17.7 mm, perfect heartbeat and the doctor congratulated me and said everything is as well as it could be but baby measured 8+3 which is almost a week ahead. I know based on bd the furthest I can be today is 8+1

Here is our little bean <3

Attachments

• DSC_0605.jpg
    DSC_0605.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 14
I've been hitting reload all morning hoping for an update from you. I'm so sorry one of your twins has stopped growing. Great news about your other one, though! Still, don't feel like you're not allowed to grieve, you've lost one of your babies. I do still feel positive about the other one and it sounds like so does your doctor, so hopefully you'll still end up with a screaming healthy baby in 7-8 months time. :) I'm glad your mum will be there soon to support you. Xx

I whole heartedly agree with all said here. I'm sorry for your loss.

As for comments by your mom and sister... People have no clue what to say during any loss. They just want to have some kind of profound comment to make you feel better and usually end up saying something stupid or hurtful instead. *hugs*

Thanks NDH, I'd just like to have a normal pregnancy without all the need for all the scans and worrying. I just hope so badly that next week my lo will still be going strong, the clot and the other baby will have been reabsorbed and the doctor can tell me not to come back for another 4 weeks or at least 2 weeks! Just want to be normal and get back to doing normal things.

Oceania, scans can be up to a week out on either side at this gestation (one reason I dont do early scans when I have at least a general idea of when I conceived). Many scan printouts will say +/-6 beside the gestational age.

Niko I hope so too,

I think one twin not making it is actually pretty common. That doesn't make it any less heartbreaking of course, but imagine if you hadn't had the SCH, you wouldn't probably even ever have known about your second twin. Now that can be good or a bad thing, but either way, you had early scans and you know he/she was there, so you must be allowed to grieve them. I know a few people who had vanishing twins, and they all came away from it with one healthy baby, so try not to worry too much about the sticky one right now. Your doctor was positive, so try to see it the same way. You said you'd become a bit more spiritual through all of this, so maybe it would help you to plan a wee trip to the shrine with your husband and say goodbye to your lost twin that way? Or you may not feel like doing anything at all, which is fine, too.

Have you requested any UK treats from your mum? Mine's coming for a visit from Germany soon and I gave her a big list of all the sweeties I "need" :D shame she can't bring me a real kebab!

Nikoru0111, good luck at your next appointment! Hope that your baby stays strong and healthy. :)

I think one twin not making it is actually pretty common. That doesn't make it any less heartbreaking of course, but imagine if you hadn't had the SCH, you wouldn't probably even ever have known about your second twin. Now that can be good or a bad thing, but either way, you had early scans and you know he/she was there, so you must be allowed to grieve them. I know a few people who had vanishing twins, and they all came away from it with one healthy baby, so try not to worry too much about the sticky one right now. Your doctor was positive, so try to see it the same way. You said you'd become a bit more spiritual through all of this, so maybe it would help you to plan a wee trip to the shrine with your husband and say goodbye to your lost twin that way? Or you may not feel like doing anything at all, which is fine, too.

Have you requested any UK treats from your mum? Mine's coming for a visit from Germany soon and I gave her a big list of all the sweeties I "need" :D shame she can't bring me a real kebab!

Yeah I think we will go to the shrine to say goodbye I think. I've only asked my mum to bring me some custard so far lol. I will be back in the UK for Christmas so not too long to wait I guess. I didn't want to bother her too much with bringing things.

Thank you everyone else for your well wishes. Can't thank you enough.

Nikoru I agree with everyone. It's totally fine to grieve your lost bubs :hugs: I'm happy to hear one is doing well but so very sorry to hear about your loss. Take it easy hun.

I'm 5 weeks today too! Yay! :)

Seems like everyone is so a head of us. Can't wait for 6 weeks. Just noticed your siggy for name options. My daughter's name is Amelia :)

Starluck only 3 short days you will be at 5 weeks too :)

Kissesandhugs so glad to see everything is ok. I'm sure there will be a heartbeat next week.

Good luck Nikoru!!

Welcome halloweenie. So happy to hear everything's going well this time.

Another day gone and still no family doctor. The search continues tomorrow. Worst case scenario I will go into a walkin clinic next week and ask for a referral to an OBGYN.

I know what you mean, I feel like we just found out REALLY early. Haha We'll be moving on to 6 weeks very soon. :) Aw, really?! I love the name Amelia. I've always wanted a boy but I love the name Amelia so much that I'm kind of hoping for a girl now. It's a great name. :hugs:

Good luck finding an OBGYN, I think getting a referral is a great idea.

So good and bad news. One baby has grown, from 4.9mm to 11.5mm and has a good heartrate. She said around 170 but I'm not sure how she knew that because nothing came up on the screen. Unfortunately the other baby didn't fare so well. It didn't have a heartbeat and it hadn't grown. Apparently it stopped developing a few days after the last scan. The clot hasn't got any smaller, but it hasn't increased. She thinks it might be trying to heal. She says it's not in such a bad position for the healthy baby but still said it could end up in an abortion. She did say it was quite positive though. Still have to be on bed rest and have to be back in a week again. Can't have a morning appointment though because she doesn't work in the morning. So will be the day before my wedding ceremony. Lol...nothing like news that could ruin things a day before. My mum will be visiting so I think she can go with me next week but I just wish my husband could be there with me. Seems like I only get bad news when he isn't there. I guess I have I be thankful for the one healthy one but I still feel like it is a loss and I'm so scared of losing the other one now.

We were all on a roll with the good news but I knew something bad had to happen soon.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Let's just hope the other little one keeps getting bigger and stronger every day and think positive thoughts! :hugs:

That's a wonderful way to think! AND that's my wedding day so I think great things will happen on that day. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->