- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Thanks ladies!! Good to know that others go through the same thing. I took a little time and tried to calm myself down, and reminded myself that problems are rare and the majority of the time things go smoothly. Still nervous but going to try to keep calm until Monday.

Sending good, calm, positive vibes everyone's way :)

Hello everyone, just found out yesterday that my due date is 30th June! Would love to join the June Bugs and share this crazy journey with you lovely ladies xox

Welcome all newcomers :) let's pray and keep our fingers crossed that we all have sticky beans.

Today I am being positive. We do have one with a healthy heartbeat and healthy size and I have to concentrate on that one and give it the best chance. Of course I'm terrified of passing the one that I lost and sometimes ridiculously I wonder if they just didn't look properly and were mistaken, maybe that one will start to grow again, even though I know in my heart that it's gone. I also terrified of losing the healthy one but my doctor sounded positive and said I was in a good position for that one so I'm going to just try and trust her this time. She was quite nice to me yesterday so I'm feeling happier about my care. I'm thinking if I get a good result next week and a healthy heartbeat and size I will try to be a lot more positive and try to enjoy the pregnancy a bit more. And I'll be so happy if I can get off bed rest!

Hi Nikoru, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Your positive attitude is really great and will be doing wonders for your body. How much longer will you need to be off your feet?

Hi Nikoru, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Your positive attitude is really great and will be doing wonders for your body. How much longer will you need to be off your feet?

Really not sure...depends on if my SCH clears up. The doctor sounded positive by saying it looked like it might be starting to heal so I'm praying that it does significantly over the next week and I can be off bed rest by next week. I think it might be wishful thinking but we'll see I guess.

As snufkin mentioned, I have seemed to become a little more spiritual recently. It's strange, I've never really been that religious. My grandmother was a very religious catholic and my mother was brought up that way. Unfortunately she lost my older sister when she was only a year old and I think after that she stopped believing as much. Anyway, she did still believe in St Anthony, patron saint of lost things and miracles. We've always prayed to him. This time I combined praying to him and the Japanese gods. The Shinto/Buddhism mix that is the Japanese religion actually can be combined with the belief of other gods so it works quite well.

I think times like this test everyone and it's nice to think there might be someone looking after us.

I'm going to list dates, and I need someone else to do some crazy fake math on this and tell me it is somehow possible, so I don't drive myself crazy waiting on the next appointment in 5 more days. This will probably be long, so try to stick with me.

August 28 in late pm- start period (right on time, as usual)

Sept 14- dh and I decide to have a baby, lol. He comes home from work at 3am, we dtd and go to sleep. Next morning we both go off to work, come home and dtd again before bed that evening. So twice within a 24 hour period. Same evening I have my typical O pains and think we have perfect timing. Lines up with fertility app prediction for O as well.

THAT WAS IT FOR THE ENTIRE MONTH!

Sept 26- bfn

Sept 28- day of expected period. Super faint positive. Dh and friends call me crazy

Sept 29- positive digital and darker frer

Oct 17- Google too much, panic. Allow lab tech at work to do my beta. Comes back as 4500 (which puts me in 5ish weeks category). Based on lmp this day, I am 7+1. Fuel panic.

Oct 22- based on lmp, I tell dr. I am 7+6 at appointment. Get vag. ultrasound and she dates me at 6+1! There is a heartbeat, but she can't get the sound, only the image (which is fine at 6+1, but I'm supposed to be 7+6!). Dr. Changes due date by 12 days based on scan, and says maybe I just ovulated later than I thought. Claims she isn't concerned, but says she wants to do another U/s in 2 weeks (okay?). Realizes she is out of town in two weeks and instead of making it 3 weeks, she makes it 1 week. I am too happy to think anything of this.

Oct 23- sit at desk all day at work with calendar trying to figure out how I could possibly be 12 days behind where I thought and still get a positive on day of expected period.

Today- really preoccupied by this. Apparently the baby and HCG line up with the later due date, but how the crap could that happen?! Can somebody else put my mind at ease by giving me a scenario where this is possible. I am just so confused. I am wondering if the baby just stopped growing around 6 weeks but still had a heartbeat a few days ago..... Or if somehow the baby was turned a weird direction and didn't get measured correctly (but then why was my beta so low?!). I had the lab do my beta again today to put my mind at ease over the weekend if I knew it was doubling alright... And they didn't get it back to me by the end of the day like they promised... Leaving me to wonder all weekend.

Sorry for the crazy long post. I want to make sure all details are there. Can anybody figure this out?!

If your bfp at supposedly 14dpo was super faint it's very possible you were as early as 6-7dpo at the time, and had sperm waiting for the egg. Not uncommon at all for sperm to live up to a week. And then taking into account that scans can be out 6 days on either side, it could just be a case of measuring a week behind what you think but actually being a week ahead of what the scan placed you at?

If your bfp at supposedly 14dpo was super faint it's very possible you were as early as 6-7dpo at the time, and had sperm waiting for the egg. Not uncommon at all for sperm to live up to a week. And then taking into account that scans can be out 6 days on either side, it could just be a case of measuring a week behind what you think but actually being a week ahead of what the scan placed you at?

So is it bad if I was say... Right at 7 weeks and she couldn't get the sound of the heart to pull up? Or is that still within normal? And even though I don't have information on whether or not my beta was doubling at that point, wouldn't it still be really low if I had been at 6.5 weeks instead of barely 5 at the time?

Sorry for being crazy. I just won't feel like I can relax until I can explain to myself how this is possible and for everything to still be alright.

I'm going to list dates, and I need someone else to do some crazy fake math on this and tell me it is somehow possible, so I don't drive myself crazy waiting on the next appointment in 5 more days. This will probably be long, so try to stick with me.

Sept 14- dh and I decide to have a baby, lol. He comes home from work at 3am, we dtd and go to sleep. Next morning we both go off to work, come home and dtd again before bed that evening. So twice within a 24 hour period. Same evening I have my typical O pains and think we have perfect timing. Lines up with fertility app prediction for O as well.

Sept 26- bfn

Sept 28- day of expected period. Super faint positive. Dh and friends call me crazy

Oct 17- Google too much, panic. Allow lab tech at work to do my beta. Comes back as 4500 (which puts me in 5ish weeks category). Based on lmp this day, I am 7+1. Fuel panic.

Oct 22- based on lmp, I tell dr. I am 7+6 at appointment. Get vag. ultrasound and she dates me at 6+1! There is a heartbeat, but she can't get the sound, only the image (which is fine at 6+1, but I'm supposed to be 7+6!). Dr. Changes due date by 12 days based on scan, and says maybe I just ovulated later than I thought. Claims she isn't concerned, but says she wants to do another U/s in 2 weeks (okay?). Realizes she is out of town in two weeks and instead of making it 3 weeks, she makes it 1 week. I am too happy to think anything of this.

Oct 23- sit at desk all day at work with calendar trying to figure out how I could possibly be 12 days behind where I thought and still get a positive on day of expected period.

Today- really preoccupied by this. Apparently the baby and HCG line up with the later due date, but how the crap could that happen?! Can somebody else put my mind at ease by giving me a scenario where this is possible. I am just so confused. I am wondering if the baby just stopped growing around 6 weeks but still had a heartbeat a few days ago..... Or if somehow the baby was turned a weird direction and didn't get measured correctly (but then why was my beta so low?!). I had the lab do my beta again today to put my mind at ease over the weekend if I knew it was doubling alright... And they didn't get it back to me by the end of the day like they promised... Leaving me to wonder all weekend.

Sorry for the crazy long post. I want to make sure all details are there. Can anybody figure this out?!

I had a similar thing happen with my DD2.... Thought I was 7-8 weeks going into a scan and they dated me at 6+2..... Seemed impossible based on when I got my very dark BFP but she ended up arriving 3 days after my due date so it wasn't totally off?? I think it's entirely possible that some babies grow differently than others inside the womb just like they do outside so maybe some just get off to a slower start? And like NDH said, there is room for error on those scans +/-6 days or so. :hugs:

Happy Birthday Nikoru :) (If I remember right, it's your birthday today.)

Sept 26- bfn

wow! im not much help but i would think it was the sperm waiting for the egg thing. sometimes the apps say we ovulate but sometimes we are late even on a total normal regular month. :)

So is it bad if I was say... Right at 7 weeks and she couldn't get the sound of the heart to pull up? Or is that still within normal? And even though I don't have information on whether or not my beta was doubling at that point, wouldn't it still be really low if I had been at 6.5 weeks instead of barely 5 at the time?

Sorry for being crazy. I just won't feel like I can relax until I can explain to myself how this is possible and for everything to still be alright.

I really couldnt say as I've never had a scan where the heartbeat was audible. I dont think they do that here.

But the low end of normal range of hcg at 6 weeks is just 1080, and at 7 weeks 7650 is the low end of the acceptable range. I can't remember what you said your levels were, but I really wouldn't worry about one reading. Levels can be even lower than the low average and the pregnancy can be healthy.

ETA - at 4500 your levels would definitely have out you in the 6 week range, albeit at the low end but like I said, just one test really doesn't mean anything.
Until your next scan there really isn't any way to determine if there's anything to worry about or not. :hugs:

Happy birthday, Nikoru! Wouldn't it be lovely if you had a boy and could name him Anthony? Patron Saint of Lost Things and Miracles, how fitting! :) enjoy your birthday! Xx

Happy birthday Nikoru! I hope you can relax and just try to enjoy today. You deserve a good day after the week you've had <3 Do you have any special plans?

Happy birthday Nikoru! I hope you can relax and just try to enjoy today. You deserve a good day after the week you've had <3 Do you have any special plans?

Thanks Shilo (and snufkin!)
Well my husband surprised me with a stay at Andaz hotel (part of the Hyatt group, rather upscale). We met each other only last year in London and stayed in Andaz then so it's like my birthday and anniversary of us meeting. Anyway it's nice to have bed rest somewhere different than our tiny little studio flat. We also ordered room service and the food was amazing. I wasn't really up for it at first but it's actually been really refreshing, relaxing and lovely to spend some time with my husband. Really glad he planned it. Of course had I not been pregnant I'm sure we could have enjoyed the room and time together even more but we have been folding up the paper cranes together for our wedding on Saturday and watching some TV/films. Really lovely. I'm very lucky.

Awe sounds fantastic nik..enjoy every minute..:)

Afm I have some more spotting (darn it) not much but it's a yucky rusty brown colour...no cramps..and again they said not to stress bleeding..so difficult tho..

Sept 26- bfn

Fertility friend, the app I used to chart when I ovulated told me I didn't ovulate during September yet low and behold I fell pregnant! Sometimes our bodies just do the seemingly impossible. I wouldn't worry about it, just put it down to fate, that's what I'm doing!

Nikoru happy birthday!!!!! What an awesome surprise from your dh :)))

Ms is in full swing :'( I wished so much I could bypass it!!!! Was just nausea and last night full blown vomiting. It was torture last pregnancy I'm dreading this. It is good though, meaning baby should still be doing good in there! About to get my 2nd blood draw this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->