- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Wow, I've not been on this thread for a few days because I have the flu and can't believe how quickly it's moved and how much there's been to catch up on!

I've not had any more spotting since a few days before my scan at EPU at 6+2 and we saw the heartbeat then but I still can't help but worry that something is going to go wrong and I'm especially worried with how sick I've been. I've had the flu since Saturday evening with a fever, headache, aches, snotty nose/blocked sinus' and a really really sore throat. I've not been sleeping very well at all because of it either and now DH has it :(

Welcome to all the new ladies and congratulations on all the early scans :)

Nikoru - I've been following your story since the beginning and I'm so sorry to hear that one of the twins stopped growing :hugs: I really hope that everything is ok with the other twin when you go back for your next scan.

Kdmalk- I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs:

welcome daphne!

how do you all deal with fatigue at work? it is almost impossible to concentrate. it doesn't help that we are a little slow right now and all i have to do is read very dry documents - puts me right to sleep :sleep:

i've stopped drinking regular coffee (decaf only). days like today are when i wish i wasn't such a worry wart and would just have some regular coffee! :coffee:

i've stopped drinking regular coffee (decaf only). days like today are when i wish i wasn't such a worry wart and would just have some regular coffee! :coffee:

I know how you feel about the caffeine. I'm a big black tea drinker ("black tea", that is...that sentence could be read another way...:haha:) My mom offered me tea and I said I couldn't drink it. She looked so puzzled and I said "Because of the caffeine". She said "Oh I drank a lot of tea when I was pregnant with you three kids!" I said "Yeah but if anything happened I'd never forgive myself!" Then she agreed. It's probably not the worst thing in the world and even right now I'm indulging on a delicious iced tea, but I've cut back from my 3-4 servings a day to about 1 serving a week. :nope:

Does anyone still not really believe there's anything in there? Despite the fact that I've already had a baby, been there done that, I still can't FATHOM that there's a tiny beating heart there. Part of me won't believe it until I get an ultrasound. Who knows when that will be :(

It didn't seem real to me with my first until I could feel him. I was lucky as I felt him pretty early at 16-17 weeks but even with the scans it didn't feel real until I could feel him wriggling around :cloud9:

that's exactly how i feel susannah - i would blame myself if something goes wrong if i did drink regular. :dohh: i wish i could be more laid back!! my mom was very laid back during her pregnancies; ate hot dogs, drank coffee, etc. but at that time these things weren't a 'no-no' either! this reminds me of something that happened at a business meeting in europe a few years ago. one of my colleagues was in her third trimester. we had a champagne toast and all the american women watched in horror as she drank the full glass :haha: we later realized that it's more common in europe to allow some wine/champagne. but you can imagine the shocked look on our faces :haha:

it's definitely hard to believe i'm growing a baby! my first scan is next tuesday, i think that will help it feel more real (maybe? lol).

With my last pregnancy I still drank caffeine, ate lunch meat etc etc. I even had 2 sips of wine. I didn't like it so that was the end of that!! But my bubs was find :) its all preference though!! This time so far I haven't had a drop of caffeine and that's bc I'm having aversions to pop, coffee and tea! Very odd for me.

I feel the same Susannah. It's so hard to believe I have a baby growing in me (hopefully!!!) Idk when it'll start feeling real...took a while with my 1st.

Susannah - I feel the same way! Probably because I have so few symptoms. I just want to get back and see that the baby is growing. It doesn't feel real at all. Definitely keep imagining little kicks though when I lie down in bed at night :rofl:

As for coffee, I still have a small amount in the am. Used to be a Venti Starbucks iced coffee, I'm down to a tall and I usually only drink half. I figure that's ok.

I also keep overanalyzing every little thing the doctor said to me on Monday. Like, did she think I was measuring too far behind? Was she concerned about my previous LP (I told her my LP prior to conceiving was only 9 days, which I why I started on the Vitex, which I am now trying to wean myself off of, which I sort of neglected to mention to her :blush:) Did she feel like I was right to be nervous before seeing the HB? Sigh. It never gets easier, does it?

I found that caffiene only gets dangerous when its above 200mg...1 regular pop is 35-50mg so I do allow myself 1 pop a day..caffiene also keeps me regulated too with all this pg constipation! As long as your pg is going well and no spotting or cramping, why not have a pop...especially when needed at work with all this fatigue!

This is what my friend told me too. Which is why I'm okay having the occasional tea or mountain dew (I had 4 cans of diet mt dew a day before getting pregnant, and I cut that out entirely because that's just not healthy :haha:)

I fainted today at work then broke down in tears as i honestly feel terrible. Phoned my doctor who couldnt see me as there were no appointments left. After me pleading on the phone he agreed to see me quickly. My blood pressure was low and he wants to check it again tomorrow. I asked for an earlier ultra sound but they wont do it till 21st nov. My partner is at work and thankfully my 2 year old is in bed so i can put my feet up and feel sorry for myself.

thanks ladies :hugs: i know 200mg caffeine/day is perfectly okay, i'm just an irrational worry wart :haha:

:hugs: weewdy :hugs: sorry you fainted! hopefully you are feeling better tomorrow :flower:

Hope everything is ok weedy.

I drank a cup of coffee each day with my first pregnancy. I actually never really drank coffee before then. I just got a craving with pregnancy lol. But I should also note that I drink my coffee with 4 creams. So technically a third of the cup is cream. Kind of like a dessert :) I also ate lunch meat sometimes too.

I have posted this on another forum but I am will post here as well as my anxiety is pretty crazy and each day I am looking for positivity.

Hi all,

I just have a question.
It looks like everyone is getting very early scans.
My doctor scheduled me back for 4 weeks, no talk of a scan. I will hopefully be 10 weeks by then.
Is this normal?
All he did was take my blood work from the walk in clinic, check my blood pressure and my weight...grrrr.
I am 38 and this is my first pregnancy...I am going crazy with worry because I had a very early mc 3 years ago almost to today's date!
And I Barely have any symptoms...I don't know if I will make it until the end of November...

welcome daphne!

how do you all deal with fatigue at work? it is almost impossible to concentrate. it doesn't help that we are a little slow right now and all i have to do is read very dry documents - puts me right to sleep :sleep:

Amen to this post! I'm dying today! Can barely function at work! :sleep:

Does anyone still not really believe there's anything in there? Despite the fact that I've already had a baby, been there done that, I still can't FATHOM that there's a tiny beating heart there. Part of me won't believe it until I get an ultrasound. Who knows when that will be :(

I know exactly what you mean. I have all the symptoms, probably most importantly no period, but I'm still like "I'll need to see it to believe it!" Luckily I do have an appointment for my first scan already, but it won't be until December 1st when I'll be 13ish weeks.

I found that caffiene only gets dangerous when its above 200mg...1 regular pop is 35-50mg so I do allow myself 1 pop a day..caffiene also keeps me regulated too with all this pg constipation! As long as your pg is going well and no spotting or cramping, why not have a pop...especially when needed at work with all this fatigue!

Do you work in advertisement? :D

I allow myself a coffee or diet coke a day. Other than that I drink decaf tea and coffee.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->