- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Oh wow! This group is a chatty bunch! So many pages to go through.

coucou ~ Cute u/s picture! :thumbup:

6footnoodle ~ Sorry about your heartless dr. Hope you can find a new good one! I'm also in the process of trying to find a good OB. I didn't look into any since I was planning on going to a birth center in my area and having a water birth when I finally got pg. But, because of the twins, I can't, and will have to go with OB and hospital.

30mummyof1 ~ Thanks! Yes, I got m/s 2 weeks earlier than all my other 3. I had 3 betas done (protocol at my fertility clinic) and between the 2nd and 3rd ones, I was doubling every 43 hours when I was at the point where it should be every 72-96 hours. Went from 990 to 14,865 in one week. They were wanting to see at least 6,000 when it was 14,000; so the clinic was beyond happy. lol The day before the u/s, I decided my jeans were "already" too tight (compared to the 3 others, I felt I was growing out early), so I broke out my maternity stretch pants already. And, before my IUI, I had a 16 mm follie and a 12 mm follie. Never knew if the 12 caught up or not before O day, but apparently it did!

Ok, so I sometimes I have problems with our computer getting hot and crashing, so I'm going to post what I have so far so I don't loose it and have to start over! I'll just continue on as an edit so everything is in one post instead of multiple posts.

smoore ~ I'm glad you had a great appt!

raelynn ~ YES! The Zofran has been doing wonders for my m/s! I still get slightly queasy at times, but it's a bearable, able to work with queasy. No more stuck in bed/on the couch/hovering over bucket all day.

KatBar ~ Wow! 15 frosties. Awesome!

Marlarky ~ I'm glad they ended up finding the baby. Cute u/s pics!

Nikoru ~ Congrats on your wedding! Sorry to hear you are on bed rest though.

Beadette ~ I'm glad your spotting stopped, and that you got to see baby with heartbeat! What a relief.

Shilo ~ Hopefully the symptoms are just taking a break, and all is well.

kdmalk ~ I'm so sorry! :hugs:

ttcbabyisom ~ Welcome and Congrats! I hope this one is sticky for you. :hugs: Sweet u/s pics!

melissaelaine ~ Congrats on a great appt! So excited for you.

weewdy ~ I'm sorry you are so sick. I know the feeling!

kiwii ~ Welcome!

Heather ~ I'm sorry about the pain. :nope:

kissesandhugs ~ Good luck with your u/s!

jaan ~ I'll be praying everything will go well for you! :hugs:

mdscpa ~ Welcome!

kit ~ Sorry about having the flu! I hope you get better soon.

Thanks for reply I will find out on Saturday if I am having them too. Friends in my journal have been teasing me saying they think twins as my test lines were dark early and I am showing already - have grown out of my jeans too! Haven't had any beta's done so can't go on that..Time will tell :haha:

30mummyof1 ~ Ooooo, that would be cool if you were having twins too! Then I'd have a twin buddy on here. :thumbup: Oh, and also, I did a Clearblue digital with weeks indicator at 12 dpiui (11 dpo according to when my clinic thinks I actually O'ed.) I think I O'ed the afternoon of the IUI, they think it was the next day, whatever. But anyway, the weeks indicator came up "Pregnant 2-3 weeks." lol Line tests were really dark that same day.

Well I could have been your buddy but one of my twins stopped developing and heart stopped after we saw it healthy the week before. It's pretty common apparently especially if you find out very early on.

At 10 dpo my test line was as dark as the control and at 12 dpo I got a pregnant 2-3 and a 3+ at 4w5d. Just one in there though!!

starluck, yes, the info on crinone says thats a common side effect. how cruel of the manufacturers of crinone, you'd think they would find a way to remove this side effect for pregnant women! :haha:

Today is my ultrasound to hopefully see a beating heart. I was so worry free since my bfp even after my heavy bleeding episode but now my symptoms are pretty much gone despite how horrible my sickness was from Friday to Monday so that it throughly freaking me out. I am glad to not be sick though. About 5 more hours!! Work is going by so slow...tick tock.

best of luck dear :flower:

I have posted this on another forum but I am will post here as well as my anxiety is pretty crazy and each day I am looking for positivity.

Hi all,

I just have a question.
It looks like everyone is getting very early scans.
My doctor scheduled me back for 4 weeks, no talk of a scan. I will hopefully be 10 weeks by then.
Is this normal?
All he did was take my blood work from the walk in clinic, check my blood pressure and my weight...grrrr.
I am 38 and this is my first pregnancy...I am going crazy with worry because I had a very early mc 3 years ago almost to today's date!
And I Barely have any symptoms...I don't know if I will make it until the end of November...

This is normal here. They don't give a scan before 12 weeks unless you are high risk or something seems wrong. Technically the first scan is the 20 week scan but you have the optional 12 week scan if you want to do those prenatal screening tests. i remember with my first pregnancy it was the longest wait and I was so jealous of everyone on here getting early scans. You can try asking your doctor and tell him you have concerns. I have my first doctors appointment tomorrow. I'm going to try asking for an early scan since I have been having minor spotting this whole time.

Thank you 6footnoodle, that makes me feel better. I thought maybe my age and a pervious mc might make me a bit high risk....but I will try and wait as long as nothing bad is going on down there I should be okay :)

Anyone taking extra folic acid?

The walk in clinic I got my bloods done at recommended that I take 5 mg of folic acid not the 1 mg recommended or in prenatal vitamins.

I have been reading online and the recommended dose for pregnant woman is 400 to 800, any more can be harmful...so why does our prenatals have 1000 and now I am advised to take 5 times the amount???

WTF has anyone had this experience?

Today is my ultrasound to hopefully see a beating heart. I was so worry free since my bfp even after my heavy bleeding episode but now my symptoms are pretty much gone despite how horrible my sickness was from Friday to Monday so that it throughly freaking me out. I am glad to not be sick though. About 5 more hours!! Work is going by so slow...tick tock.

best of luck today hon :flower: :hugs:

starluck, yes, the info on crinone says thats a common side effect. how cruel of the manufacturers of crinone, you'd think they would find a way to remove this side effect for pregnant women! :haha:

LOL, you would think they could do that for us! :haha:

The walk in clinic I got my bloods done at recommended that I take 5 mg of folic acid not the 1 mg recommended or in prenatal vitamins.

I have been reading online and the recommended dose for pregnant woman is 400 to 800, any more can be harmful...so why does our prenatals have 1000 and now I am advised to take 5 times the amount???

Hmm. My prenatal has 800mcg, that's all I take. I think even 400 is enough (like you said). Plus you're getting some from your diet, if you're eating relatively healthily. Did they measure the folic acid in your blood work and think you need more maybe?

I found this article regarding 5 mg of folic acid being recommended and the reasons that could be: https://www.babycentre.co.uk/a476/folic-acid-in-pregnancy

I don't want it to freak you out, but maybe there is an explanation there that applies to you. I would just ask your dr. why he/she made that recommendation :)

30mummyof1 ~ Ooooo, that would be cool if you were having twins too! Then I'd have a twin buddy on here. :thumbup: Oh, and also, I did a Clearblue digital with weeks indicator at 12 dpiui (11 dpo according to when my clinic thinks I actually O'ed.) I think I O'ed the afternoon of the IUI, they think it was the next day, whatever. But anyway, the weeks indicator came up "Pregnant 2-3 weeks." lol Line tests were really dark that same day.

I got my 2-3 on 12dpo too didn't try one before. Oh and the other reason they think twins is because my mum is a twin and my maternal grandmother had triplet sisters!
but I will be perfectly happy with just 1 healthy baby. What will be will be!

hey, does anyone know how to get onto the facebook June bugs?

This is a common problem with clinics recommending this. I originally was told this too but they didn't know my history and i have one of the MTHFR gene mutations so i'm actually to avoid extra folic acid, just to take a prenatal and i'll get what i need in that. Most people are ok to take the extra folic acid but don't overdose on it. That can have the opposite effect.

I found this article regarding 5 mg of folic acid being recommended and the reasons that could be: https://www.babycentre.co.uk/a476/folic-acid-in-pregnancy

I don't want it to freak you out, but maybe there is an explanation there that applies to you. I would just ask your dr. why he/she made that recommendation :)

Thank you Starluck...no that doesn't really apply to me, it was a walk in clinic that recommended it because I am 38 thats it....
Ho hum lol

This is a common problem with clinics recommending this. I originally was told this too but they didn't know my history and i have one of the MTHFR gene mutations so i'm actually to avoid extra folic acid, just to take a prenatal and i'll get what i need in that. Most people are ok to take the extra folic acid but don't overdose on it. That can have the opposite effect.[/QUOTE

Hmmm okay, thanks
THey don't know anything about me, lol your right...so I have read about overdoses of Folic acid so I think I should stay away...

Ultrasound went good, I think :) definitely saw a heartbeat :cloud9: it was 129 which seems low...can anyone help me out on that? Also ultrasound tech said I'm measuring 6w5d which is a day behind what they told me last time and our picture says 6w3d which was our original due date. Idk which to go by and if any of its a concern? We couldn't hear the heartbeat but we definitely saw it :)

Ultrasound went good, I think :) definitely saw a heartbeat :cloud9: it was 129 which seems low...can anyone help me out on that? Also ultrasound tech said I'm measuring 6w5d which is a day behind what they told me last time and our picture says 6w3d which was our original due date. Idk which to go by and if any of its a concern? We couldn't hear the heartbeat but we definitely saw it :)

I think that's fine! When I had my scan at 6+3, we could only pick up a heartbeat of 110 and she said that it's hard to get an accurate reading that early. When I went back at 8+2, it was 168. I also wouldn't worry about the dates, scans that early aren't the most accurate and can always be +/- like 6 days I believe. I was measuring 6 weeks at 6+3 and then 8 weeks at 8+2 so I was measuring a day ahead what they said before. It varies so much that early and a day isn't a big deal.

I wouldn't be concerned. Ultrasounds that early can be out -/+ 6 days so don't panic. As for the heart rate, again at this stage I wouldn't worry. Some heartbeats only start at around 6-6.5 weeks and are a little slower to start with I've heard. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->