- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Does anyone else still not feel like its real. Think im a bit jealous aswell of all of you ladies who have had a scan, mines is still 3 weeks away which feels like forever. Also because my doctor never done a pregnant test or hcg or anything really. I sometimes think my nausea could all be in my head.

Anyway does anyone have any plans for the weekend, apart from being tired and sick lol

If I hadn't had an early scan I don't think it would feel real! Even having one it hasn't entirely sunk in yet lol.

DH and my dad planned a last minute hunting trip so my mom and I will be hanging out. We're going to hit up some baby stores and get some furniture ideas :) And at some point I'm getting a pedicure! It's already getting uncomfortable to lean over so if I want my toes painted, I'm gonna have to go somewhere. Definitely ok with that, though!

Hey guys. I've been lurking for the last few days. No time at all to post. .. Sorry about that.

Welcome to all the newcomers :) hoping things go smoothly for everyone on here.

I'm exhausted and have my MS. Feeling kinda miserable but nothing I didn't expect. ..
In other news I'm having a breakdown because I'm so afraid of giving birth again.
I've sent an email to a doula in my neighborhood and am going to go to a seminar where they teach you to deal with traumatic birth experience.
I'm the meantime I just want to cry... :(

I hope you get lots of benefit out of the birth trauma seminar. It doesn't change what happend but I really do believe it can make a big difference to coping with it and approaching future birth with less anxiety. :hugs:

Birth trauma can affect people in so many different ways, and even people who had outwardly positive births can suffer trauma as a result. I certainly dont consider myself to be in the birth trauma category, but I have been dealing with a lot of unespected anxiety about the birth as well. I'm planning a homebirth after two hospital births and when I learned that the only midwife in my are a isn't practicing I had about a week of panic attacks at the thought of going to hospital again which totally surprised me because my experiences were both pretty positive.
I know its not the same thing as your situation, but I just want you to know youre not alone :)

Great news Nikoru :happydance:

I have my scan tomorrow and booking in appointment wednesday, then i think time will fly.

I ended up telling another friend today as I just thought she is going to think i am getting fat as my belly is so big! :haha:

We so need to get ahold of my in-laws so we can tell my family as well (we said his family would be first to know this time as mine was first previous two times). I see my parents every day and jts getting seriously hard to hold in my bloat. :haha: Its definitely bloat, but looks like a very prominent bump at this stage and is definitely caused by the pregnancy

Last night when I got home my bloat was so bad my belly really was VERY round. It was really shocking. Was definitely bloat but seriously looked pregnant.

Unfortunately I fell out with my dad last night. We have always had a rocky relationship. The night before last I had to sit in a smokey bar because he wanted a drink and I didn't make that much of a fuss. Last night I said I'd stay for one but that was it and I was done going to smokey bars because I'm scared of secondhand smoke affecting the pregnancy and he got really annoyed and offended and starting bringing all sorts of things up and it's the wedding tomorrow so really upset me. Was one of the reasons I wanted just to register the marriage with no fuss. He always ruins everything. He also said some hurtful things about when I thought I was miscarrying. He said I shouldn't have told them because it wasn't even true and it just upset them. I'm sure my mum doesn't feel that way and I didn't tell him, my mum did. He just needs to grow up.

*sigh*

Families eh?

Anyway I best be starting to get ready.

Aww Nik so sorry about your Dad. It's frustrating when parents act immature, try not to let it bother you. You can't control him, you can only control how you react to him. Just stay positive and do what you need to do for you.

My cramps today are getting pretty bad, and I'm starting to feel really bloated. Ugh. I'm hoping it's just stretching and nothing more. Anyone else having sort of continuous, period like cramps? I've also recently weaned myself off the Vitex so I'm nervous that having some effect (even though I was taking a super low dose anyway so it probably did nothing).

Sorry your dad was being insensitive...you *did* miscarry one of your twins, and obviously you are allowed to be sad about that! Try not to take it too hard though, I'm sure he didn't mean everything he said, like you said, he took it hard, too, and jet-lag and a bit of culture shock probably don't help. I hope he behaves better at your wedding and you can have the lovely day you deserve.

We're looking at a house tomorrow and I'm trying not to get my hopes up because the flat is still not sold and we would need to make up a few thousand pounds for it even if it was...both our parents said they'll give us some "wedding money" (we're not married, but have a toddler and #2 on the way, which in Scotland gives us the same legal standing as a married couple, so they both said it's unfair our siblings got big wedding presents and we didn't just because we're not married yet :D ) so we may have enough, but we'll need to do some serious sums. It's a lovely old inn (1830s) that's been converted into a house, two flats and a shop and we'll be looking at the house portion. It's right in the heart of our favourite village, too, so it's hard not to get excited. It has everything we want...open plan lounge/dining, 3 bedrooms, another sunlounge with french door to the garden...and it has a lovely shared courtyard and drying green...ahh!

Snufkin - That is so nice of your parents to offer to chip in as a "wedding" gift. Hopefully everything works out if this is the perfect house for you. We're planning on moving after the holidays (January) so we'll be going through it soon too.

Yeah it was okay with my dad in the end. Just enjoying a little downtime before the evening meal. Here are some photos taken this morning :)

https://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh304/nikorusama/Mobile%20Uploads/96CE9B00-3719-4451-BD73-AC5A6D5FA553.jpg

https://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh304/nikorusama/Mobile%20Uploads/F6964967-6285-4B36-BA46-C5A5FEA75DA8.jpg

https://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh304/nikorusama/Mobile%20Uploads/7E8AB70A-8B53-437B-BBA8-8059FCF1B762.jpg

Snufkin, I hope that your flat sells soon and you can get the lovely house :)

Wow did you make all those cranes yourself Nik? A and I think I forgot to say how happy in was to ready about your good scan earlier.

Glad to hear everyone's scans are going so well :)

AFM I finally went to the doctors yesterday. Got blood work done so I should have the results by Tuesday. And I actually got a request form to get an early ultrasound. For once my doctor listened and since I have had spotting this whole time she is sending me for a scan. Bad news is that all the places I called are fully booked so I have to wait until Friday. It's going to be a long week.

Glad to hear everyone's scans are going so well :)

AFM I finally went to the doctors yesterday. Got blood work done so I should have the results by Tuesday. And I actually got a request form to get an early ultrasound. For once my doctor listened and since I have had spotting this whole time she is sending me for a scan. Bad news is that all the places I called are fully booked so I have to wait until Friday. It's going to be a long week.

One way to think of it to make time pass slightly quicker may be to keep in mind that the longer you wait, the more you'll be able to see. At this stage, even a day can make a huge difference! Glad you got in for an early scan!

Nikoru, your pictures are lovely! Lots of work in those cranes!

We went to see that house and it is amazing. I'm trying to not get too excited because we still have to work out money and sell the flat, but we'll do our best to hopefully get it. The village it's in is pretty popular though and it really is a great house with lovely high ceilings, two sitting rooms, tons of storage...so we'd be lucky to get it. Worth a shot anyway, so we'll talk to the bank on monday. The lady who owns it was lovely, too, and she even had a play with our toddler outside while we were having another look around. :) fingers crossed the bank has good news!

NDH No, my husbands family made them mainly. I made quite a few and my husband only made like 4 haha.

Last few days have been so busy but I'm a little glad it's over. Too much stress haha. My belly seems to be bloated. I don't feel bloated and it's there in the morning too but 8 weeks is too early to show anything. My belly has started to get round at the bottom but it just MUST be wind lol.

It's starting to feel real for me now. I went to register the pregnancy and in Japan you get like a mother and child handbook that you record EVERYTHING in and keep it until the child is like 12 or something...

That coupled with my wind bump made me have a little panic "omg I'm actually having a baby! Ah what did I do?!" kind of thing.

I'm sure I'll get over it but before now I've just been concerned about miscarriage and not thought of the possibility of actually having a baby at the end of it...

Ah snufkin, I'll keep my fingers crossed for the house! Hope you get it! X

I had my scan today and there is just the one baby! We heard the heartbeat and saw it beating. :cloud9: Baby was measuring bang on my date so that was nice to know too :)

Nikoru beautiful pics hope your day went well! :) I felt the same with my first like crap what did I do no going back now and it was all FINE it works out somehow it really does. But, I again feel the same about my 2nd :haha: thinking about how the hell I'm going to handle two but I know it'll work out :) it just does!!

Sorry if I'm a bit late but can I be added to the group?

I'm expecting my first (it came as a bit of a shock) and am due June 28th!

I feel the same way ladies with my second. Have those moments of how am I going to handle two kids but I know this is what we want and my daughter will be a great big sister. She loves kids. I guess worry is just a part of all this.

congrats for all those with great scans and for your wedding nik!

welcome doodle :)

hope you all are having a wonderful weekend! x

It definitely took me a while to get used to having two. I do worry how I'm going to handle 3, especially since my dd2 is still very clingy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->