- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Nikoru beautiful pics!

so i'm getting antsy. I don't have my official 'first' doctors appointment for another 11days (and i'm already 8weeks/6days). I just got a family doctor and not sure if she's gonna take me seriously. I went to meet her and the receptionist didn't bother telling the doctor that I was pregnant so she only booked me for 10minutes for a meet and greet. the doctor said that she wasn't made aware of the pregnancy and i'd have to schedule another appointment. this was 4weeks ago.
I haven't had a scan, got my blood tests back or anything. I guess I have to just wait till the next appointment to see if she's gonna take me seriously. I have so many questions. she said I wouldn't be getting an ultrasound until week 14?! I've had a previous miscarriage, and was born with cancer. I'm pretty sure that i'd be considered high risk and should be able to get an ultrasound early.
I think I'm just emotional but i'm really frustrated and nervous. I just want to see that everything is ok. should I be able to push for an earlier date for the ultrasound? I was hoping to get an appointment before December.

Nikoru beautiful pics!

so i'm getting antsy. I don't have my official 'first' doctors appointment for another 11days (and i'm already 8weeks/6days). I just got a family doctor and not sure if she's gonna take me seriously. I went to meet her and the receptionist didn't bother telling the doctor that I was pregnant so she only booked me for 10minutes for a meet and greet. the doctor said that she wasn't made aware of the pregnancy and i'd have to schedule another appointment. this was 4weeks ago.
I haven't had a scan, got my blood tests back or anything. I guess I have to just wait till the next appointment to see if she's gonna take me seriously. I have so many questions. she said I wouldn't be getting an ultrasound until week 14?! I've had a previous miscarriage, and was born with cancer. I'm pretty sure that i'd be considered high risk and should be able to get an ultrasound early.
I think I'm just emotional but i'm really frustrated and nervous. I just want to see that everything is ok. should I be able to push for an earlier date for the ultrasound? I was hoping to get an appointment before December.

I hope you get an earlier ultrasound. 14 weeks is a little late IMO...

Nikoru beautiful pics!

I would think that would be enough to yet an earlier scan. Remind your doctor of your history and insist you need one because you are very stressed and worried. Hope you get an earlier one.

Hope you get that early scan...totally understand your concern gl

I'd also push for an earlier scan...maybe not even an "early" scan, but 14 weeks is really late! They should really be able to give you one closer to 12 weeks. One previous miscarriage doesn't make you high risk, but of course I have no idea what your history with cancer means for any pregnancies, and they should offer an earlier scan just to put your mind at ease.

AFM, I've had a couple of horrible days with MS. I'm still lucky to have no cramps or bleeding, so I'm sure everything is fine, and I'm happy about that, but I can hardly make it out of bed most of the time. Yesterday, after we viewed that house I just kind of collapsed into my bed and stayed there for the rest of the day, with a few breaks to go to the toilet and throw up. :/ with my first all this stopped around 13 weeks...can't wait!

Snufkin - Mine stopped around 13 weeks with my first too so I'm counting down with you. I'm apparently in the stage that you just puke no matter what. I get too hungry and I dry heave, I get to full and I throw it all up. At least the horrible nausea has subsided but I'm spending an awful lot of time with my head in the toilet now.

Nikoru0111, beautiful pictures!!

Love all the wonderful news; ultrasounds and heartbeats!!
Welcome to everyone new!!

I'm about the same. Always tired, always hungry, feeling quite unattractive... :haha: My 12 week appointment is on the 17th though :happydance:

My sisters didn't stop until 3rd trimester and that scares me...yesterday I had my first vomiting session and I couldn't have felt worse all day. Was awful. Glad it wasn't the day of the wedding though. Just feeling very sorry for myself. Managed to pee three times in like 15 mins...don't know how my bladder filled up that quickly!

Nikoru beautiful pics!

I have my first appointment with a midwife tomorrow (8wks 6days), but no doctors appointment because I still don't have one (been on the waiting list over a year). I'm not sure when I'll be getting an ultrasound, but I'll be sure to ask what's considered normal tomorrow.

I hope you can build a good relationship with your care provider and feel better about the process. Definitely see if you're able to talk to someone at the office about your concerns and possibly an earlier (i.e. longer) first appointment.
I hope all goes well!

Hi sorry I've not posted for a while been feeling ill with a virus and ms and exhaustion. I've got my midwife spin appointment this morning and am just waiting for it.
Are your clothes getting a little small now? My tummy won't fit into my trousers, I've had to find my next size up clothes for work as u can't do the button up. I look a bit silly as my legs are far too small for them but I seriously can't fit into my usual trousers! I didn't think I'd have to wear next size up clothes until 13/14 weeks but barbe you show earlier with your second?

Nik, what beautiful photos! Sorry your Dad was insensitive :hugs: You have every right to not want to be in a smoky bar! I've been peeing a TON too - basically every hour. And I am very thirsty all the time.

Snufkin, best of luck with the house! I hope you get it!

30mummyof1, excellent news you had a great first scan! I have my first scan tomorrow :happydance:

Welcome DoodleDoo!

WoWndUp, I hope you can get an earlier appointment :hugs:

I thought my m/s was getting better but it just started up again! I'm looking forward to this nausea being done with (hopefully it doesn't last the whole pregnancy). My pants are occasionally snug, I think it's mostly bloating on and off for now, but I see myself buying maternity pants in the next few weeks just so I can be comfy :) My first scan is tomorrow, we can't wait!

I thought my m/s was getting better but it just started up again! I'm looking forward to this nausea being done with (hopefully it doesn't last the whole pregnancy). My pants are occasionally snug, I think it's mostly bloating on and off for now, but I see myself buying maternity pants in the next few weeks just so I can be comfy :) My first scan is tomorrow, we can't wait!

I know what you mean.. ms was non-existent for a few days.. and now I feel like I have a slight hangover. Ugh.

I do feel like I've been spending too much time on the couch (I work from home) and I think I'm not doing myself any favors. I'm going back to working out tonight. Counterintuitive, but maybe it will help!

Its been quiet in here lately! pants are definitely snug this bloat is insane. It's very frustrating as much as I can't wait to get a bump again I do not want a bloat bump, I want an actual bump lol.

Ms is also taking its toll on me. Some days I feel fine other days I feel like I got hit with a truck. The nausea is horrible and I've only thrown up a couple of times. Went to bed at 8 last night bc I felt so horrible the only way to get past it was to sleep!!! LO stayed up with his dad and didn't go to bed until way late, he was fighting his sleep :/ feel so guilty not being able to do anything lately. Just gotta push through it though!

Someone else put in an offer on the house before we could. :( second time this has happened now. On the bright side though, we've decided to accept an offer on the flat that we had declined last week, just waiting to hear back. It's just slightly below what we wanted for it and at least this way we can be quick next time a house we like comes up. Still a bit sad it's not going to be this one, I really liked it.

I'm still struggling with nausea, and my scan isn't for another 4 weeks, so there hasn't been much to say in here...I'm sure it's similar for a lot of us...the initial excitement is starting to fade as we're all getting used to the idea of being pregnant, but it's too early yet to make any plans and talk about labour, birth, and life after, so of course this group would be a bit quieter right now...I'm sure it'll pick back up once we have our 12 week scans, movements and bumps to compare! :)

My clothes are starting to get a bit snug now too, I know it's definitely just bloat at this stage but when I look in the mirror I totally see a bump :haha:

I'd been on a diet before I got pregnant and had just lost quite a lot of weight and dropped 2 jeans sizes, but I'm already back in my old jeans because I can't fasten the ones I'd recently bought and been wearing.

zaycain, I do find that staying moderately active helps! If I do too much, it gets worse and if I do too little I feel 'blah' overall. It's a balancing act to figure it out. I've been feeling really good the last few days, so the nausea kicking back in this morning was really unwelcome LOL.

kissesandhugs, I put myself to bed before 9 last night. Getting a good night of rest is criticially important to my feeling good these days.

Sorry about the house Snufkin! :hugs: The initial excitement is wearing off for me too and I've started to have feelings of "what did we get ourselves into?" :haha:

Yes won't be long before there is loads to chat about again!

I got appointment through for 12wk scan, 1st Dec :happydance: and have booking in appointment with the midwife on weds :)

Getting very tricky to hide this 'bump' now just ordered some loose fitting tops/maternity tops and hope 1 or 2 will do the trick :)

zaycain, I do find that staying moderately active helps! If I do too much, it gets worse and if I do too little I feel 'blah' overall. It's a balancing act to figure it out. I've been feeling really good the last few days, so the nausea kicking back in this morning was really unwelcome LOL.

Oh good to know. I'm going to take a yoga class and see how that helps. I will let you know! I'm just trying to eat to make sure I'm not gonna pass out or throw up. But then I feel guilty and I wonder if I'm giving enough nutrients to the baby.

Always a struggle.

I have my first scan tomorrow and I hope that it will make the baby part feel real. I feel pregnant.. but actually having a baby is a whole other feeling I haven't been able to grasp.

I agree it's all day by day for now until excitement peaks up again :) just lots of ms, fatigue etc for all of us per usual!!

Bloat, plus feeling like shit, plus painful bloat, plus ACNE...ugh...I feel like a fat 17 year old girl....and...a cold sore...seriously? Because the nausea and vomiting and head aches and fatigue weren't enough. :growlmad: Nausea because I haven't eaten, nausea because I have, nausea because I am tired, cramps while I try to sleep, insomnia when I am trying to get to sleep, oh...second tri...where are you?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->