- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

mdscpa - congratulations. yes i think we all have that fear. some of us are still hoping to have our first babies and others on this thread are on their 2nd or 3rd or 4th pregnancies/babies. that's why it's nice to have a place to share and discuss things. :)

I know I'm probably worrying about nothing! Started worrying about hot water bottles as well...

https://fetal-exposure.org/hyperthermia/

I thought i read somewhere that having too hot a bath could cause miscarriage, bit i suppose if that was true it would be better documented. I know when i was pregnant with my first the midwife told me to steer clear of baths until at least 2nd trimester.

Nik I just read the article you linked. I didn't have time to read the referenced studies yet, but unless your baths are regularly above 38.9° you dont have to worry about a hot soak. I love a hot bath (not that I ever get one with two kids :haha:) but not that hot.

Nik I just read the article you linked. I didn't have time to read the referenced studies yet, but unless your baths are regularly above 38.9° you dont have to worry about a hot soak. I love a hot bath (not that I ever get one with two kids :haha:) but not that hot.

Well I have a temperature thing at my home that runs water at whatever temperature you want and I have found that even 38 degrees is pretty cold or certainly like warm. Don't know how that would raise my temperatures. Usually get one at 40-42 degrees but I wonder if it is completely accurate.

Anyway I'll just get it at 38 from now on to be on the safe side.

Just got one at 38 and was shivering within 5 minutes...I can't see how that would affect the baby...if anything it's going to be giving me hypothermia rather than hyperthermia.

Nik, that doesn't sound right. The shower here tells you what temperature it is aswell and 39 degrees is too hot for me even for a shower...I guess one of our thermometers is off, so maybe get one of those baby bath thermometers you just dunk in? I'd just go by skin anyway to be honest, if your skin turns red it's too hot.

Weewdy, I've not had any blood tests (just for blood count and type and all that, but no HCG) and my scan isn't for another 4 weeks (I'll be 13.5 weeks) for now I'll take the lack of period and horrendous nausea as a good sign. If you're really worried though, then an early scan is really worth it. I got one with my first, and it was very reassuring. This one was planned though, so I'm less surprised and feel more confident that everything is going to be alright.

A hot hot tub/ spa is usually 40-41* and I can't tolerate that for more than 15-20 mins. Certainly doesn't make for an enjoyable soak. I think getting a baby bath thermometer would be a good idea cause 38 shouldn't feel cold

Just back from booking in appointment with the midwife and all went well and she couldn't see a reason why I couldn't have a homebirth, although she will read through my old notes just to check. Feeling really happy to think I could have my 3rd baby at home all going well :)

I have my first appt today! I don't think it will be very exciting, just a pelvic exam probably and possibly trying to find hb on doppler. My OB doesn't do scans :(

I have my first appt today! I don't think it will be very exciting, just a pelvic exam probably and possibly trying to find hb on doppler. My OB doesn't do scans :(

Ah good luck! Hope it all goes well!

good luck with your scan today susannah!

I had my first scan yesterday. Baby looked great - measuring right on target! We heard the heartbeat - it was amazing!! :happydance: I posted a pic on the FB group :)

Oh zaycain I am so sorry. I am thinking of you today. I don't know how I missed your post until now. :hugs:

I am over the moon right now! She tried to find HB on doppler (she said it's way early but the only reason she was trying is because I am thin) and she only searched for about a minute and she FOUND it! 160 bpm so everything was perfect. Up until now I've been in complete denial about there actually being a baby in there. I was so relieved I almost cried, which is ridiculous.

Even better news-I originally thought I wouldn't get an ultrasound until the anatomy scan at 20 weeks. They only send you for an early ultrasound if they need to date the pregnancy, but I know exactly when I ovulated. However, she asked me how long my cycles are and I answered (honestly) "Ranges from 28-35 days" and she said "OK better send you for a dating u/s then." YESSSSSSSSSSS. I didn't tell her when I o'ed because she didnt ask :)

I am over the moon right now! She tried to find HB on doppler (she said it's way early but the only reason she was trying is because I am thin) and she only searched for about a minute and she FOUND it! 160 bpm so everything was perfect. Up until now I've been in complete denial about there actually being a baby in there. I was so relieved I almost cried, which is ridiculous.

Even better news-I originally thought I wouldn't get an ultrasound until the anatomy scan at 20 weeks. They only send you for an early ultrasound if they need to date the pregnancy, but I know exactly when I ovulated. However, she asked me how long my cycles are and I answered (honestly) "Ranges from 28-35 days" and she said "OK better send you for a dating u/s then." YESSSSSSSSSSS. I didn't tell her when I o'ed because she didnt ask :)

That's great news Susannah!!!!!! Can't wait to see your scan pic.

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

:happydance: Awww you must have been so excited to hear the HB, hope you don't have to wait too long for a scan.

So sorry Zaycain :(

I have my first scan on friday. I will be 7w1d. My question is will it be a transvaginal one? What are those like?

Awesome news Starluck and Susannah :)

Girls as I've read some posts there is fear about pregnancies. I'm anxious firstly because me and d hubby been trying for over five yrs we had a failed icsi treatment in 2011 and this time it worked...

I'm due 9th June (baby was measuring 3days less and nurse said not to worry as it happens a lot....

What symptoms are you all experiencing (a friend of mine has a lot of symptoms were I'm not experiencing much)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->