- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

I have my first scan on friday. I will be 7w1d. My question is will it be a transvaginal one? What are those like?

They might try an abdominal scan first and only do the transvaginal scan if they can't see what they need to from the abdominal scan. I had a scan at 6+2 and fully expected to have a transvaginal scan because I was so early and I'm plus size anyway, but they were able to see hb clearly through an abdominal scan afterall. I have had a transvaginal ultrasound before though - I remember it being a little uncomfortable (as in more embarrassing than physically feeling uncomfortable) but not painful :hugs: The benefit is that you'd get a clearer scan picture at this stage with a transvaginal scan.

Girls as I've read some posts there is fear about pregnancies. I'm anxious firstly because me and d hubby been trying for over five yrs we had a failed icsi treatment in 2011 and this time it worked...

I'm due 9th June (baby was measuring 3days less and nurse said not to worry as it happens a lot....

What symptoms are you all experiencing (a friend of mine has a lot of symptoms were I'm not experiencing much)

Congratulations :) We'd been trying just over 5 years too when we got this BFP so I know how hard it is and I think it makes us all the more anxious - fingers crossed we'll both get our rainbows.

I wouldn't worry about baby measuring more/less at this stage because they change so quickly at this stage - I've seen many women measure behind at an early scan to suddenly measure ahead at the later scans and if not then it could just mean later implantation or something anyway.

The only symptoms I've really had are sore boobs and nausea/sickness that comes and goes - some days its pretty bad, then other days I barely feel it (then panic over disappearing symptoms :haha:).

Kit congrats too... Its nice to have someone else know exactly how hard it is trying all those years and bow its finally here thebworry kicks in..

I've had the sore boobs too.. At the beginning I was extremely tired.. I had extreme mood swings until last week but this week so far is bloating one day and not the next, feeling tired and them feeling normal lol
My next hospital visit is not until December 4th I'll be 13 wks then it feels so far away before seeing baby on the screen again xx

I suppose I'm thankful for not having sickness.. I do have nausea feelings from time to time tho

that's great news susannah! an extra scan for you too - woohoo!:happydance: i wouldn't have mentioned my O date either ;)

welcome trying4babies! i'm tired, have m/s on and off, big and tender boobs, mood swings occasionally, bloated

my friend alerted me to this great deal on amazon for avent bottles:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HFQOLI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i bought them :) wanted to share the savings with you all :flower:

Girls as I've read some posts there is fear about pregnancies. I'm anxious firstly because me and d hubby been trying for over five yrs we had a failed icsi treatment in 2011 and this time it worked...

I'm due 9th June (baby was measuring 3days less and nurse said not to worry as it happens a lot....

What symptoms are you all experiencing (a friend of mine has a lot of symptoms were I'm not experiencing much)

Welcome! We have the same due date :) Def don't worry about 3 days less. The measurements could be off by half a mm and be off by 3-4 days.

As far as symptoms, just nausea. Threw up yesterday for the first time. I guess I've been a little more tired in the evenings. No sore boobs, and my OB thinks it's because my ducts have already been stretched out (breastfed for 22 months). My MIL didn't get any nausea at all with her pregnancies. Everyone is different and please try not to worry. :hugs:

Hi all. Just checking in. Glad to see everyone is doing well!

Hi Kdmalk!! How are you doing?

Shilo - can you update my due date on the front page? It's June 29th according to my dr. after yesterday's scan :)

Oh great Susannah.. Sharing same time whoowhoo I am so looking forward to my scan on December 4th

Nikoru - when they warn about hot baths, they´re warning you about raising your core temperature too high. That means that staying in a bath that´s hotter than 38°C, for anywhere over 10 minutes...
That being said, for my entire last pregnancy, I took baths at least 4x a week (30-60 minutes each time), and they were always warm enough for me to feel comfortable. Not sweating, but not shivering either. That pregnancy turned out just fine :) :hugs:

trying4babies - I´m also due on the 9th. I´m experiencing very sore boobs, MS most of the time and exhausted. Nothing much else, though I have lots of CM and am very swollen down there.
This is my second time and I feel worse this time than last time. Last time I had MS on and off, and was sleepier than usual, but nowhere near this bad.

AFM - I have my first appointment with the midwife tomorrow morning (9am), and have sent an email to another Doula as the first one isn´t responding to her email... (6 days now).

My symptoms so far are ms (all day, mostly nausea sometimes vomiting), constipation, heartburn, restless legs, sore breasts (despite breastfeeding for 23 months :( ), emotional BIG time and fatigued. Ahh pregnancy :haha: trying to enjoy it as much as possible though!!!

I had this crazy dream last night that I was breastfeeding my newborn and my toddler (who will be 2 years and 9 months) walked over and latched on. And it was no big deal at all. He just drank whatever was leftover after his bro/sis was finished. In my dream, I was happy about this and was so glad I could feed my son again.

Isn't that weird? After I woke up I was like ohhh that's weird, I don't know if I could do that. I have to admit I am intrigued. Has anyone started feeding their toddler again? Can't get that dream out of my head!

My symptoms so far are ms (all day, mostly nausea sometimes vomiting), constipation, heartburn, restless legs, sore breasts (despite breastfeeding for 23 months :( ), emotional BIG time and fatigued. Ahh pregnancy :haha: trying to enjoy it as much as possible though!!!

It is hard. Sounds like you have it worse than me (my nausea and vomiting is mild) but I try to remember that I'd rather have it this way than...the alternative. I got home yesterday and barfed in the sink and I was just glad that I didn't throw up in the voting booth I was in 10 minutes earlier! lol!

Yes always in the back of my head that every symptom is 100% worth it!! I gotta say so far it's easier than what it was with my son, hopefully it stays that way. I had an episode with him driving home from work (left early due to sick) and I had to hurry and grab an old gift bag to throw up in while driving :shock: sudden vomiting is no fun lol

Yes always in the back of my head that every symptom is 100% worth it!! I gotta say so far it's easier than what it was with my son, hopefully it stays that way. I had an episode with him driving home from work (left early due to sick) and I had to hurry and grab an old gift bag to throw up in while driving :shock: sudden vomiting is no fun lol

ugh. Yeah I keep a plastic bag in my purse at all times in case I need to barf in the car. I once dry heaved on my way home from the dry cleaner and luckily had my bag with me. Was glad nothing came up though.

I must say I'm having a remarkably good day stomach wise today! :happydance:

I had this crazy dream last night that I was breastfeeding my newborn and my toddler (who will be 2 years and 9 months) walked over and latched on. And it was no big deal at all. He just drank whatever was leftover after his bro/sis was finished. In my dream, I was happy about this and was so glad I could feed my son again.

Isn't that weird? After I woke up I was like ohhh that's weird, I don't know if I could do that. I have to admit I am intrigued. Has anyone started feeding their toddler again? Can't get that dream out of my head!

I tandem nurse, but I never stopped feeding my toddler. I do know of other people whose toddlers have resumed breastfeeding after a baby was born. Usually thwynweaned during pregnancy due to milk changes though, so when milk returned to normal they were happy to resume. Not all toddlers who we an in pregnancy are interested in going back though.

I must admit, having a nursing toddler did make dealing with engorgement a breeze. If the baby was struggling to latch onto an engorged breast or was sleeping I didn't have to express to relieve the pressure, just call the willing toddler over to help. I did have to put limits on how much I would let her nurse though cause she was wanting to nurse so much I was afraid I would have major oversupply issues as my body would think I was feeding triplets :haha:

All day nausea for me and vomiting in the morning or middle of the night, usually just once per day. The nausea is absolutely awful though. Food aversions to live everything other than weetabix and some fruit. Constipation, really thirsty, need to piddle all the time, lots of CM and sore boobs. I think I must be tired as I can sleep until 12pm but not doing much besides in bed all day for the last few days with my nausea. I just don't know how anyone copes like this with young 'un's to look after or work to go to. I think if I was working I would have had to call in sick this week. Last week was just about manageable but still not fun but this week has been awful. I'm really hoping it doesn't last much longer. I can't say id be sad to see the nausea go. Jealous of those of you that don't have morning sickness. I know id probably be worrying if I didn't have it but even having it isn't a guarantee everything is okay so I guess id rather not have it at all.

Shilo - can you update my due date on the front page? It's June 29th according to my dr. after yesterday's scan :)

I'm alright. Had my d&c yesterday and am feeling so much better now. I feel a bit guilty because I have resumed eating a bunch of crap now that I'm not pregnant anymore. I had been eating healthy for months before becoming pregnant. I think I will try to climb back on the healthy eating wagon here in a few days. We are hoping to have an October/November baby. Interestingly, that is what I always wanted. We didn't expect to get pregnant the first month... but it didn't take me two seconds to warm up to the idea of a June baby. I guess this one just wasn't meant to be. I'll definitely keep checking on everyone and will make sure to update when we get our next bfp. H&H 9 months to all the June bugs! I miss you guys!

Sorry kdmalik..I had a d&c August 6..had a period sep 5 and that was it preggers again...gl with everything

I'm alright. Had my d&c yesterday and am feeling so much better now. I feel a bit guilty because I have resumed eating a bunch of crap now that I'm not pregnant anymore. I had been eating healthy for months before becoming pregnant. I think I will try to climb back on the healthy eating wagon here in a few days. We are hoping to have an October/November baby. Interestingly, that is what I always wanted. We didn't expect to get pregnant the first month... but it didn't take me two seconds to warm up to the idea of a June baby. I guess this one just wasn't meant to be. I'll definitely keep checking on everyone and will make sure to update when we get our next bfp. H&H 9 months to all the June bugs! I miss you guys!

Sounds like you are doing well :) Don't worry about the bad eating, you deserve it after everything you've been through! Good luck to you :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->