2015 October Owls! | The chicks are hatching! *16 boys & 8 girls so far!*

Tink, around 4wks I think. I had a random day of bleeding at 4 1/2wks & nothing since :) x

Lucky! I am so paranoid im going to hemmorhage ( i had a PPH with my 2nd) so now im freaking out... sigh..

Has the bleeding slowed down, Tink? Mine kept coming and going for a while before stopping completely. And then when I thought it had finished.. It came back! If you're worried then why not pop and see a dr? As long as your uterus is contracting normally then you should be ok xx

I woke up this morning & my quilt was over olivers face. He's fine, I think. I'm so scared I've caused him brain damage. What if he was suffocated? I could have killed him. I feel like the worst mum in the world right now. I don't even know how to cope with the fact that I could have woken up to a dead baby. He's been really fussy overnight and I don't know if that's normal for him or if I've hurt him. I can't cope. He'd be so much better off without me.

Right now the bleeding is a dark rusty red color and is l continuing like a light medium flow with very small clots. I have my 6 week checkup on thursday. Not sure if you saw my more in depth explanation of everything that's happened but it's on the previous page.

I cosleep so I can understand your worry. Usually I have my daughter lay on top of my blanket so she's not in the same blanket with me and then I use one of her smaller blanketsize for her. I'm sure your lo is OK:hugs:

I just saw your post, I find it odd that they didn't do anything about the retained products. I has suspected retained products, but they couldn't be sure as the above tummy ultrasound didn't show a good enough picture & I declined an internal as 2 days earlier the dr had given me an internal exam with a speculum & pulled a couple of stitches & my vaginal tear opened up. To be on the safe side, they gave me 2 lots of antibiotics, and actually, it wasn't until I'd finished them that the bleeding began to trail off. Before then, I'd lost some large clots too. One while in the hospital still 3 days pp) & another at home a bit later on. Around 2wks pp? Apparently antibiotics are the first line of treatment for retained products here. If that doesn't work then it's surgical options. Your bleeding does sound odd & I would be nervous. Definitely worth speaking to someone about it!

We use a co sleeper with Oliver, the Chicco next2me. I still feel absolutely awful. DH is so dismissive of what happened, but then he just didn't listen to me. He said it wasn't as if it was on his face! Um, that's exactly where it was. Ugh. I don't know whether to have him seen by a dr or something?!

I don't think he needs to be seen by a doctor unless you think he is showing signs of something being wrong.

Well I had two vaginal ultrasounds. The one at the hospital which they said showed retained products...but didn't say what the products were (could be clots) they prescribed cytotec which is to cause uterine contractions but I didn't take it because it has only been approved for use with stomach ulcers. 2 days after the hospital trip I had a follow up appointment with my ob. They did another vaginal ultrasound and the ultraround tech at my ob told me everything looked good. Then my ob looked over the ultrasound and also told me everything looked good and she did not see anything retained at all. She also told me after checking that my uterus was contracted to where it should be and was toned.

Has the bleeding slowed down, Tink? Mine kept coming and going for a while before stopping completely. And then when I thought it had finished.. It came back! If you're worried then why not pop and see a dr? As long as your uterus is contracting normally then you should be ok xx

I woke up this morning & my quilt was over olivers face. He's fine, I think. I'm so scared I've caused him brain damage. What if he was suffocated? I could have killed him. I feel like the worst mum in the world right now. I don't even know how to cope with the fact that I could have woken up to a dead baby. He's been really fussy overnight and I don't know if that's normal for him or if I've hurt him. I can't cope. He'd be so much better off without me.

Don't even say it. There is nothing better in the world for Oliver right now than you. Even if you're tired and scared and overwhealmed. No one can replace his mum. We've all done things... The first time I gave ds a bath, he swallowed bathwater and almost choked. I felt my blood freeze for about a minute, and after a while he was fine. His dad never found out though lol

Thanks ladies I cannot wait to finally meet baby

Charmed huge hugs

My bleeding has been totally weird this go around. It has been stop and go throughout the days ... red...dark red purple... brown etc all over the place. Then at 3 weeks i lost a nickle size clot then another clot a tad smaller than a .50 cent piece. After i lost those 2 clots i started bleeding heavily (like a heavy period) with lots of smaller clots. So i went to the ER... the did an ultrasound and said i had "retained products" they gave me cytotek with i wasnt comfortable taking (it has only been FDA approved for stomach ulcers) I then had a follow up with my OB 2 days after that incident and they did another ultrasound and said everything looked clean in my uterus and the only thing was i had an "irregular endometrium" but that was normal because i was only 3 weeks postpartum. The ob also felt for my uterus and said it was shrunk down where it should be and even felt pretty toned and tight for only 3 weeks pp.

The bleeding from there slowed down again and was still dark rusty red, or brown. I thought things were looking good so i started doing more... i did a TON of laundry, cleaned the bathroom, and ran to the grocery store. Then yesterday my bleeding started to pick up a bit, and today its a little heavier than yesterday and i am having very light cramping on and off also having very small clots.... I dont know wtf to think anymore....

I had a c section and my bleeding was like this. It would start to tail off then if I did something remotely strenuous I'd get a heavy flow. I'm now 6 weeks pp and it probably stopped properly about a week or so ago.

All the best twag xxx

Charmed I can understand the shock and distress when you saw the duvet on his face, but I'm sure he's fine. You're a great mum xx

My bleeding went for a week then I had two days of almost black :wacko: gone again now.

Lo is keeping me super busy. We're not very routine led so I'm just working around when she sleeps which is random lol. She's growing proper fast on ebf x

Good luck Twag. I hope it's going well x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->