2015 October Owls! | The chicks are hatching! *16 boys & 8 girls so far!*

Thanks everyone :)

Now I know I need to get my sons hair cut lol as he looks like a girl:haha:

OMG :dohh: SO sorry! I think it was just the rosy cheeks i saw mixed with me being exhausted! They are both to cute though :)

No worries ladies I found it funny lol especially as I have been putting off cutting his hair

Lovely pic of your gorge kids twag!

Dark star your boys do look really different both super cute though!

Ginger I'm so glad to hear how well luci is doing xx

Marianne is doing amazing and keeping me busy lol. A week ago past Thursday she was 10 pounds 5 oz which is amazing at 4 weeks 3 days from birth weight of 6 lb 12.5. She is already too big for some of her 0-3 month clothing :shock: ebf still.she will be weights again on Monday at exactly 6 weeks old x

Hey ladies!
Congratulations on all the births :hugs: :flower:
Lucas will be 10weeks on Tuesday and 10lb 6oz crazy how fast time is going, I want it slow wayyyyyy down!! X

Oliver cries all.the.time. It's so hard to cope with. I hate leaving the house with him because he ends up screaming at me for whatever reason he screams at me for. I feel like such a terrible mummy. We tried to go to the garden centre today, it took us hours to get him out of the house and I'd already had enough. Then we got there & he just screamed and screamed. Tried to calm him by showing him the Xmas lights and some random old woman comes up to me to ask me about him. I just started crying and told her to leave me alone, then found DH & demanded he take us home. I never want to leave the house. I don't know what he wants. Is he hungry? Tired? Gassy? Reflux?? I've no idea. It seems like he's so hungry all the time, he will eat and eat until he's sick & I feel like a bad mum if I let him feed on demand and I feel terrible if I don't. And to top it off my mil visited yesterday & took Oliver from me while I was trying to settle him, despite me telling DH I didn't want her to hold him. She spent a good hour basically taking credit for everything about Oliver. He has none of me in him. I am so tired and I'm so fed up. I honestly don't think I can cope.

Oliver cries all.the.time. It's so hard to cope with. I hate leaving the house with him because he ends up screaming at me for whatever reason he screams at me for. I feel like such a terrible mummy. We tried to go to the garden centre today, it took us hours to get him out of the house and I'd already had enough. Then we got there & he just screamed and screamed. Tried to calm him by showing him the Xmas lights and some random old woman comes up to me to ask me about him. I just started crying and told her to leave me alone, then found DH & demanded he take us home. I never want to leave the house. I don't know what he wants. Is he hungry? Tired? Gassy? Reflux?? I've no idea. It seems like he's so hungry all the time, he will eat and eat until he's sick & I feel like a bad mum if I let him feed on demand and I feel terrible if I don't. And to top it off my mil visited yesterday & took Oliver from me while I was trying to settle him, despite me telling DH I didn't want her to hold him. She spent a good hour basically taking credit for everything about Oliver. He has none of me in him. I am so tired and I'm so fed up. I honestly don't think I can cope.

Hun, there's nothing more nervewracking than a baby crying non stop, nothing more frustrating than not knowing what the heck its problem is, and nothing more infuriating than a know-it-all MIL. My advice is cry it out, vent, have a nice rant with someone you confide in. This stage WILL pass... :hugs: :flower:

I'm so sorry. It's hard. :(

There are some "shh baby" tracks on YouTube that are basically just someone saying "shh" over and over in different speeds and patterns depending on the video. I don't know why it works, but I'll pull one of those up on my phone and let it run on full blast, and 90% of the time she will stop crying. Eventually she'll go to sleep.

Charmed- just remember this to shall pass. You have come this far and been through so much, you will get through this too. It's ok to cry and vent. It's ok to not always know what's wrong. And it's ok to ask for help if you need it. Keep your head up because even if you don't see it now...to your baby you are Super Mom. :hugs:

Charmed, don't be ashamed to seek some help for PPD. It sounds like you're getting very frustrated, and understandably so. It is so hard to be responsible for a tiny person who is visibly upset and can't tell you why. I am getting counselling myself to help me cope.

Charmed :hugs: this mothering gig is the bloody hardest thing in the world :hugs: I've been where you are with my first and its the most helpless out of depth feeling. How is your DH supporting you? Can you unload to him or a close friend?

I found Dunstan baby language helpful in being able to better hear what he was needing/wanting.

Biggest thing for me was a routine which I know a lot of people are against but seriously it saved my sanity because I had a baby who ate at certain times, self settled & slept at predictable times and I could plan appointments/trips easily and most of all he was so much happier once we settled into a schedule (I am craving that same for T but he's also a silent reflux babe like my first and still sorting meds so he's not ready yet), it def isn't for everyone but it did help us and I could finally enjoy him with a little predictability to our days.

Do you have community centres over there for day stays with a baby nurse who will help you read your baby/settle/sleep advise for them etc?

i hope today is a better day :hugs:

Charmed - huge hugs x. You're not alone in feeling as you do. My first was a high needs baby who cried literally all the time, wouldn't feed properly etc. It is so damn hard but believe me, you're doing fine. Just one question, is Oliver getting enough sleep? It sounds like a stupid question but with our first we kept misreading tiredness for hunger / wind etc. It didn't occur to me that babies don't necessarily just fall asleep when tired and they needed help to learn this. Once I realised this things got easier.

The mantra "this too shall pass" is so true. Before you know it you'll be waving him off at the school gate. But in the meantime vent as you need to, seek help if you need to and know that although this is the hardest job in the world you're the perfect woman for the job xx

Charmed lots of hugs to you. I echo the others in saying that you're doing amazing and the stage will pass. Xxxx

Thank you all so so much! I am on my phone right now as Oliver is finally asleep, even if it is in my arms! DH is being amazing. He's been working from home for a few weeks to help out as I was really losing it by the second week of him being back at work. I am so drunk if I have PPD or if I'm just stressed and tired. I ended up crying my heart out in the garden centre car park yesterday because it was too much.

WW1, he's not sleeping well at all. That's our main problem. Something is stopping him. Maybe reflux? When he's awake, he's constantly yawning& then screams as he's overtired. No time for tummy time etc.
Sorry. He woke up. I'll be back!

Thank you all so so much! I am on my phone right now as Oliver is finally asleep, even if it is in my arms! DH is being amazing. He's been working from home for a few weeks to help out as I was really losing it by the second week of him being back at work. I am so drunk if I have PPD or if I'm just stressed and tired. I ended up crying my heart out in the garden centre car park yesterday because it was too much.

WW1, he's not sleeping well at all. That's our main problem. Something is stopping him. Maybe reflux? When he's awake, he's constantly yawning& then screams as he's overtired. No time for tummy time etc.
Sorry. He woke up. I'll be back!

Awww. Bless him and hugs to you x My DD had silent reflux and colic which I think contributed to poor sleep. I found having her in a sling helped and went to the docs re the reflux. It doesn't last forever I promise - once we got the reflux under control the sleep followed and she slept through soon after. Now, aged 5 she is the world's greatest sleeper and will usually sleep for 11-12 hrs no problem. It doesn't make it easier right now but it WILL improve and you are doing a great job xx

Thank you WW1. Oliver is finally settled. Bless him. For the first time in weeks, he is asleep in his Moses basket! I've been able to go for a wee & have a snack even! The dr told us to go back to the normal milk (come off the comfort) & try the gaviscon again. Turns out gaviscon doesn't thicken in sma comfort!! Since having one feed with gaviscon, he's been so settled. We had a few cries because he was overtired and wouldn't sleep, and then he fell asleep & pooped :haha: but even after that & one failed attempt at the Moses, he finally settled in it! We've had no screaming, no back arching. None of that! I can't believe it.

Thank you all for your support, it means a lot to me & I don't really have that here :( xxx

That is brilliant, Charmed! I hope it's the start of things to come. Try to enjoy a bit of rest xx

Glad to hear things are improving Charmed. We are here for each other. Like the girls say, motherhood is far from easy :)

AFM there are days when everything goes smoothly and days when I pull my hair out.
Yesterday night dh and I went out for dinner with dd, and we left ds with my MIL. My friend texts me and I comment of what I'm doing and she's all like: why don't you take Nicky?? He's such a nice kid! . Like we are horrible parents for leaving him with granny. She's not the mother of a two-year-old. She doesn't know how hard it gets. But I felt so judged...

If it's reflux, try burping him very often during feeding and keeping him propped up for at least 30 minutes after eating. Our doctor also prescribed Lucina some liquid Zantac. I don't know if you're BFing or not, but we also put Luci on Enfamil AR, which is a thick formula, and it has helped immensely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->