2015 October Rainbow Pumpkins! | 28 rainbows so far!

Nanaki, lots of them do have BPM on the screen. However the number is never accurate. And there's lots of different sounds in there, so I certainly wouldn't bother if I couldn't hear it. You're right, it's not fair you don't have an easy way at home to check on bubs. I wish you did! I have one aunt and two uncles who are deaf as well. My aunt loves children, but she never found the right guy and was afraid to adopt on her own because she wouldn't be able to hear the baby cry. I think they have special baby monitors and stuff for that now, but she thinks she's too old to be a mom now. My 21yo nephew lives with her.

I looked around online, and they actually make ultrasound probes that plug into the USB port on your computer. You just download the software and off you go. But I think they only sell them to medical professionals. I couldn't find anywhere that would sell them to your average person. But it's cool that something like that exists! I hope someday soon they have a more user-friendly version that they'll sell to civilians! :D

Chrissi, yaaay! I'm glad you found it!

Stacey, great scan! :cloud9:

Good luck, Hope!

Ive been feeling totally unwell today. Woke up at 4am with major pain in abdomen. Now for about the past three hours ive had this really strong pulse in my left lower abdomen. Its stronger then my pulse but so strong it actually makes my belly move. I feel dizzy when it happens and have a headache!

My drs on vaca and i dont see the midwife til tomorrow.. any advice?

Can you get advice over the phone from another Dr or call A&E and ask for some advice?

hope all is ok x

Mississippi, can you call your doctor's office? I definitely would! We have nurses on call to handle medical questions, and they can forward you to the on-duty doc if yours isn't available. They also have an after-hours phone line if you need to talk to the doctor or midwife on call.

Oh gosh I'd go for a scan at epau but I see you are not in the UK..

Can't you see another doctor at your surgery ?

Xx

I'm happy to report that scan went perfect, little one was kicking around and hb still strong.

No idea again where the bleed came from

x

Can you get advice over the phone from another Dr or call A&E and ask for some advice?

hope all is ok x

Mississippi, can you call your doctor's office? I definitely would! We have nurses on call to handle medical questions, and they can forward you to the on-duty doc if yours isn't available. They also have an after-hours phone line if you need to talk to the doctor or midwife on call.

Xx

My dr is very odd, ill call there and theyll tell me to call the mother risk hotline. They dont deal with pregnancy.. Which is why im seein a midwife. Byt because to orrows my first appt, they wont give advice. My option is emergency room or after hours clinic.

I havent been bleeding.. For the most part this weird pulse has subsided. I dont know.. I dont want to be crazy and show up to the hospital for every wee thing.

Dh says i should wait it out til tomorrow.. My appts in 24 hours..

I think its my anxiety that makes it worse

hope all is ok x

Xx

My dr is very odd, ill call there and theyll tell me to call the mother risk hotline. They dont deal with pregnancy.. Which is why im seein a midwife. Byt because to orrows my first appt, they wont give advice. My option is emergency room or after hours clinic.

I havent been bleeding.. For the most part this weird pulse has subsided. I dont know.. I dont want to be crazy and show up to the hospital for every wee thing.

Dh says i should wait it out til tomorrow.. My appts in 24 hours..

I think its my anxiety that makes it worse

Ok. I agree just wait till tomorrow. You aren't bleeding. Are your pulses more like twinges or pulls ? I get these more on the lower right...

Xx

If I lived in Canada or the UK, I probably would have gone to the emergency room in if I were you. As it is, going to the ER here is at least $2000. But I'm a worry wart after all my losses. If you're not bleeding, you're probably good to wait until tomorrow.

I just wanted to check in here. I have been more active on the October Owls thread as some of you know, it's hard to keep up with two at once.

Despite 5 weeks of bleeding and spotting I saw my two healthy babies measuring 1 week ahead on Saturday, with matching heart rates of 174 :cloud9:

That's wonderful Darkstar!

I had a good scan today too. Baby measuring 6+5 and saw a heartbeat!

If I lived in Canada or the UK, I probably would have gone to the emergency room in if I were you. As it is, going to the ER here is at least $2000. But I'm a worry wart after all my losses. If you're not bleeding, you're probably good to wait until tomorrow.

Yes, we dont pay the fees.. But i could still go, wait hours, and theyll tell me to wait to see the midwife and not scan me.
I feel like if the mw cant find hb and doesnt offer me a scan.. Then ill probably go to the ER to cool my anxieties. I cant wait til 20 weeks to know if everything is ok or not.

This is fabulous !!! I'm so happy with all the good news today.

Dark star !! Wow two is crazy .. I was pregnant with twins before but I lost them very early on and knew I would after 1st scan measured them two weeks behind with weak heartbeats. Do you have any other children ?

Xx

Dark star !! Wow two is crazy .. I was pregnant with twins before but I lost them very early on and knew I would after 1st scan measured them two weeks behind with weak heartbeats. Do you have any other children ?

Xx

Nope, these two will be my first! (and second :lol:)

Xx

Nope, these two will be my first! (and second :lol:)

Hahaha

Dark_Star, I manage both threads, so yeah it's hard to keep up! :haha:

Had my 12 week scan today!! (at 11+4) Everything looks good and NT measured 1 mm, which is good!!! So happy!!! :thumbup: :cloud9: :happydance:

Attachments

• IMG_20150311_090822.jpg
    IMG_20150311_090822.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20150311_091020.jpg
    IMG_20150311_091020.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads