2015 September Sweet Peas!!! all welcome to join

I really want to find out what im having but my scan isnt until the 7th May!!! I would love for this baby to be a girl but it doesnt matter to me either way!

I just want it to be September now. Im not being pregnant very gracefully!

So yesterday was a rollercoaster!!

The hospital social worker called and suggested I apply for home help through WINZ (govt agency here). I got all the forms, dr signed them, had letters for evidence from physio, chiropractor etc. Also had all the corrospondance I had from the disability support services that said basically that although I am incapacitated for the next 6-7 months, my condition doesn't meet their criteria for support.

I did so much research, looking up the legislation to ensure we were eligible, found someone to employ and finally went to see them.

The ***** handling my case didn't even look at the forms before telling me I dont qualify. She started spouting of excuse after excuse

you have a husband - so automatically dont qualify, so I asked her to prove it in the legislation - she couldnt.

you need to apply though disability support - i gave her my emails from them

your income is too high - home help is not even assessed on income

your chosen helper is a relative - no where does it say that they cant be

then she went on for 20 minutes about why cant my relative do it for free, that thats 'what families do' and they wont pay because she shouldnt be asking for payment (shes unemployed and desperate for work!)

Thoughout all of this we reminded her 4-5 times that DH is Deaf, and she needed to speak looking at him so he could lip read - she constantly looked away, looked down, or if he asked a question she totally ignored him, or looked at me and answered. Hubby walked out as he was fed up with it.

We even told her that if this doesn't get approved then hubby would have to quit his job to look after me, and go on the unemployment - her answer was that he will just end up with a 3 month stand down. Absolutely couldnt care less.

I left a bit later, after being told it needed to go to the policy team but most likely wouldn't be approved. I was in tears - hubby goes back to work next week and without help I am literally in danger, I am a huge falls risk and everytime I walk I am risking falling and hurting my baby.

Hubby went to see the local councilman - and by some miracle 20 minutes later we were APPROVED!!!!

So basically it never had to go to the policies team, she was just being a ***** about it, and could have sorted it on the spot, as we definitely fit all the criteria. Oh and hubby put in a formal complaint for discrimination and she was made to apologize to him, and its on her record.

So as of Monday, I finally have some home help (15hrs a week) so from Mon-Fri she is going to come for 3 hrs a day, help me get Miss almost 5 off to kindy/school, prep dinner and hang washing etc, take me to appts as I am no longer allowed to drive. Its definitely a weight off, just a shame it had to be such a drama to get it!

Makes me wonder how many other people arn't getting the support they need due to people having power plays and not doing their jobs!

Crazymumma - SO glad you got the help you need! And so sorry the intake worker was such a cee-you-enn-tee about the whole thing.

Blimey, what a trauma to get the help you clearly need! That woman was enjoying a power trip! Glad you got it sorted, and a bonus that you already know the person helping you!

I have my anatomy scan today, eekkkk! 7 hours 40mims is going to drag! Cant wait to see baby!

On another note, I woke up yesterday morning with a pink looking neck and through the day it got sooo itchy!! My bump has patches of this too but doesn't seem as itchy. My neck however kept me awake all last night, and although I've tried not to scratch (instant relief, but then it seems to itch more?!!) now my neck is sore, so its more red now, and stings when I scratch! Going to try to see someone today about it. I though it might be pupps/pep but from all my googling (bad I know) that seems to be more bump related?! Any thoughts?

Edit- its all over my bump now :😢:

Sparkles - good luck at your scan! Hope the rash settles soon, I have no idea what it could be though sorry!

Today was the first time in over a month I haven't cried. It is such a releif to finally have some help. We have hired a mobility scooter as I am no longer allowed to drive, and I have an old lady walking frame to help around the house - at least with that I can sit on it to make food etc and use the tray to carry things. >> me! :jo:

Choc - I've been wandering how you were doing been meaning to message you. Glad your feeling more positive about everything now it's easing. Congrats on another boy, I'm convinced mine is also another boy. I'm staying yellow though.

Crazymumma - glad you've managed to get the help you need. Hope you can start to look forward now. Sorry your still in pain though.

Sparkles heart - goodluck with the can! Are you finding out sex? It does sound like pupps - I'd get it seen to and hopefully you can get something which reduces the itchiness.

Thanks Laura, how are you getting on? Any improvement on the sickness?

Thanks, no not finding out the sex.
Got a Drs app in half an hour about the itchy rash, hoping there's is something they can do!
Will post scan pics later.

Good luck sparklesheart with the scan and hope they can do something about the rash!

Crazymumma - happy you are getting home care. You obviously need it! Happy to hear you are getting more positive with the help (no more crying). Take care!

Choc - it's eased up loads. I still feel sick all the time but I'm only sick 1-2 times a day (sometimes I'm not sick) so it's much better. I don't feel so ill with it most days (I still have bad days but there not too often) I'm still off work so will have see how that goes. However I've now gone to being faint really often so I don't know what that's about lol.

Glad it's eased up so much, what a relief! Are you going to get checked out about the fainting? It's never ending isn't it!

Is anyone else's boobs really tender? I can't stand my OH touching them and jeeze if my toddler leans/pokes/stands on them again I will scream! They are so sore.

I can't remember them being this bad last time?

Yeah choc I'm going go the docs and ask about it. I put it down to lack of food/drink at first but I'm eating and drinking loads now so I'm not sure. I just don't want seem as if I'm being a a mard arse lol.

Crazymamma I'm so sorry to hear you have to deal with this the whole way through. I hope some days are easier for you than others. Let's focus more on how wonderful it's going to be to hold your little one after all of this. You'll e the ultimate strong mommy. :hugs: Just read your mroe recent post, wow what useless help! Is there a different person at that agency that you could speak with, like maybe if you called in advance and asked for an appointment with a manager? Just trying ot think of any solutions there may be to help.

Tristansmom, has your son stopped talking about it now. You think maybe you will try to reteach him some of the info instead of letting what his dad said stick, or you're undecided? I'd be so angry as well, but you're doing a great job of handling it! :flower: Similar to you I haven't felt much movement either unless I'm laying very very still in the evenings and I feel just a tad. I don't have my appointment until next week so trying to remain.

Mamabunny you're halfway! 20 weeks wow, doesn't the time go by so fast! :happydance:

Choc, your post makes me feel as though I wrote it. Same here hun, I have had the worst all day/night sickness ever and it only began to ease slightly last week. I hope you feel better soon. What has been working for you? For me sadly anything greasy has been a life saver...:dohh: Congrats on reaching the halfway mark too!

I know a lot of ladies have heard of linea nigra, but has anyone ever heard of horizontal dark lines? I have three very thin dark lines that have appeared. They don't itch or anything, they aren't stretch marks, just these odd super straight lines like someone took a ruler and drew across each ab muscle or something.. :shrug:

Mango, I am definitely more happy eating unhealthy stuff. I can't stomach any kind of vegetables at all. I want burgers etc! And lots of fizzy drinks and chocolate etc! I can't seem to eat any proper dinner meals in the evening. Lots of cereal and cream cheese sandwiches as well. I'm just glad the all day/night sickness has gone at last. Just the food aversions left now really.

I'm definitely another for greasy unhealthy foods to help with the sickness now. It's a good job I lost so much weight from being sick as I can imagine I'm going pile it back on now. My worst is for mcdonalds! I literally want one so bad now but I've been really light headed today so sont want to drive (why so they not deliver??) I find cooking/preparing foods myself makes me worse hense why I'm obsessed with fast food/take always lol.

Mango, I am definitely more happy eating unhealthy stuff. I can't stomach any kind of vegetables at all. I want burgers etc! And lots of fizzy drinks and chocolate etc! I can't seem to eat any proper dinner meals in the evening. Lots of cereal and cream cheese sandwiches as well. I'm just glad the all day/night sickness has gone at last. Just the food aversions left now really.

Wow, yes same here, burgers, french fries, milkshakes, grilled cheese, icecream (with cereal on top). Do you know what you're having yet? It will be interesting to see if we are expecting the same gender baby.

Mm choc and mango.

Sounds delicious!! :rofl:

I'm craving bad foods right now. Just had my last pack of mini eggs and some timbits.

Having a girls weekend away this weekend and I'm so excited for chips and dip and the ton of candy I know some people are bringing!!
I also bought non-alcoholized wine coolers!! Sooooo excited to pretend :happydance:

Laura - my boobs are still tender and heavy. Haven't grown much but they're sure weighing me down now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->