• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2019 Junebugs

I’ve never had the test or been offered it. My SIL tested positive for it (and a few friends and friends of friends) The gave her antibiotics is it while she was in labour and all was fine. Google can be a great help but also has horror stories. I’m sure all will be ok but if not they will deal with it at the hospital I’m sure xx

Wifey, I will have mine next week. I think it’s fairly common to test positive. If you do, they recommend antibiotics during labor. That’s about it that I can remember. I believe I’ve had it positive twice and two times it was negative. Try not to worry!
I had my 35 week appointment yesterday. Baby is head down and estimated weight is 6 pounds. His “practice” breathing looked really good. So happy to be so close to meeting our babies!!!

@Mummy2Corban how long is your hair now? I cut mine in January and it was almost to my butt. I loved doing it, but I really, REALLY miss my long hair. It needed to happen as my hair was so friend from dying and not taking care of it, but now that we decided we’re getting married in August I wish I hadn’t cut it! Extensions are going to be expensive.

@wifeybby in my practice we get ours at 36 weeks. I know the last time I came back negative and I’ll have mine done again on May 21 I think. Like everyone else said it’s just recommended you get antibiotics during labor if you do have it. But 25% of women are carriers and although it’s common, it can be pretty dangerous to babe. I know if I come positive this time I’ll just get my antibiotics and be done with it.

And all this ladies, is great but can we talk about constipation for a second?! I am so constipated it is crazy!! I even stopped taking my prenatal because I thought it was the iron but it hasn’t helped at all and it’s been 6 days. I am adding more fiber, water and less fatty foods and idk what to do. But I am at my wits end!

I was strep B+ with my son. I don't think they'll even test me this time since I was positive last time and know I'm having a c-section anyway. It's really not a huge deal except that if I went into labor it was recommended that I come in a little sooner than normal so they could start the antibiotics... Ideally they'd run for 2 hours before baby comes.

Babybump - Thanks hun! Glad everything seems to be going well for you! Can't believe you're walking that much! Good for you! <3

Mummy - Ugh, same girl, same! #TeamNotReadyYet :haha: As for your question on names - Nope! :haha: We have decided to meet baby to decide on a girl name. If it's a boy, it will be Lucas Alexander. If it's a girl, either Ava Rose or Emma Rose. Hopefully we'll be able to decide quickly if it's a girl! <3

Wifey - Thanks girl! Same here hun. I don't feel like I'm going to last another month! But soooo not ready either! :wacko: Glad your name was well-received!

Shanlee - Cute bump shot!!! As:for your other question, I spent the last couple of weeks being insanely constipated, followed by the past 5 days or so of having the opposite :shrug: Figured it's my body getting ready?

AFM, just completed my Amazon registry order! Excited to have baby stuff coming in, so I can get stuff ready to go! <3

Just finished my 34 week appt with my new doc. He'll do a growth scan at my 36 week appt. Don't think i really need one but whatever lol he was much better than the last doc i had. And the hospital only has one room with a tub. Praying i get it!!

Crusher - Awesome! Wish I had another scan coming up too! :) I'm pretty sure my hospital also only has one room with a tub in it... and while I wanted it my first time around, when I was actually in labor, the thought of sitting/staying still was AWFUL - I just had to keep moving! But you know what, maybe I'll give it another go this time around, who knows. Can you remind me what country you are located in?? Will they allow you to actually deliver in the tub?

Bella im in the us. I dont this they let you deliver in there BUT last 2 times i had pitocin and EVERYTIME i got off the bed the baby would drop off the monitor so i had to lay there and couldnt bare it so i got the stupid epidural. Praying this is 100% natural and beautiful. So i want the tub as an option lol. No idea if it will help but ya never know. He also said by the end of the summer ALL the rooms are supposed to have tubs. Lol that doesnt help me!

@Shanlee16 wow!!!! That was a massive chop! My hair is probably mid way on my back. I keep telling myself hair grows. I chopped my hair after my first and then we decided to get married and I wanted longer hair to be able to do something with it so I’m feeling you there. I’ve got till next Thursday to decide.

@BellaRosa8302 love the names. Both girls names are beautiful. We have Cora and Thea (currently no middle name) but I just can’t decide which is my favourite. I think Huxley is our boys name (again haven’t decided on a middle name) argh!!!!

No constipation for me! Yuk!

@crusherwife44 i hope you get a room with a tub and get to use it. I’ve heard lovely things about water and birth. I had a room with a tub with my third... I didn’t know how I felt about having a water birth as I like to move but we decided to start running it just encase so I had the option... probably filled by 2 inches and she arrived!!!! Hehe!!!

Shanlee - I've started struggling with this just in the last two weeks. I hope you can find something that works for you, because that makes anyone miserable, let alone us very pregnant women!

I used the jacuzzi tub with my last pregnancy because pain was getting too much. I felt like it pushed me from being controlled to being out of control in regards to tolerating the pain. I never want to try that again. It was just so hard finding a good position in that deep tub. I already told my husband I think sitting in the shower with water running over me sounds much more soothing, so I'm keeping that in mind just in case I need to try it. I've always been induced and always ended up with an epidural. I would love to try walking the halls or moving around more next time. I'm always stuck on monitors and I don't think that helps me with the pain.

I know! I had pitocin with both. It makes contractions unbearable and then the nurse comes in and ups the dose. Lame! Both times i cried when i just couldn't take the pitocin and got the epidurals.

Oh btw... I got all my cloth diapers this week in the mail. Nervous and excited and hope they save me tons of money lol

I know! I had pitocin with both. It makes contractions unbearable and then the nurse comes in and ups the dose. Lame! Both times i cried when i just couldn't take the pitocin and got the epidurals.

Yes. I cried every time. They seem so pitocin happy. They come in and bump it up as high as they are allowed until next time they check on you. I don't understand why they don't go slow and make it just enough instead of killing you with it. My first I had contractions that lasted two minutes and peaked from beginning to end instead of building and lessening and then a 30 second break before the next one would come. After two hours, they finally decided to lower the pitocin. Really? That's not even close to a natural labor. It's almost impossible not to get an epidural going through that. Blah. I'm in a new hospital because we moved to a different state. I'm hoping if I get induced it won't be the same this time.

I know it sucked. I told the doc today this one is coming all natural.
After talking to hubs after my appt we think i should decline my 36 week ultrasound. I had 2 in the last month and everything was just fine. I don't want more than needed sent through insurance either. I think ill call and talkto the nurse tomorrow and talk to her about it? I've never declined an ultrasound.

Ugggh I'm so annoyed. My super informed me today that I'm probably going to get pulled to work an extra shift Mother's Day weekend. Normally I work Fri, Sat & Sun nights 11p-7a. I'm going to get pulled for Sat evening 3p-11p so I'll work 8 hrs Fri night, be off for 8hrs and probably only end up getting 4 maybe 5hrs of sleep, work 16hrs straight Saturday evening/night, then back Sunday night. :!::evil: It's a physical job too where I'm pushing patients back and forth on stretchers, moving patients, on my feet etc

I had the same with my first. He was back to back so I think that just stalled labour. They done the same with me just ramped it up and after already being tired having no break in contractions was hard. They wanted me to push an extra time but I was so tired I really struggled. Hopefully no induction this time round ladies and you get to do it naturally without the drip. This baby is currently somewhere on my back so makes me slightly worried for labour at home but my second was and shifted in labour so I’ve got hope.

@mkyerby16 surely they can’t ask you to do that kind of shift??? With being 33 weeks working a long weekend already without an extra shift? Can you decline?

UGH Crusher, that's devastating! I can't imagine not being able to move when I'm in that much pain :( I don't blame you for getting the epidural, & hope you end up getting the natural birth & tub that you want!!! <3

Thanks Mummy! Your names are cute too! So unique! The first middle name that pops into my head with your girl names is Marie. Maybe Paul for your boy name? Something short? I like the flow of a one syllable name following Huxley. Just food for thought :flower:

Jules - I hear you. I can't imagine being contained to a tub. I also don't like pacing the halls though. I'm a miserable person when I'm in pain & I like my privacy. I paced my room instead :haha:

Crusher - Yay! Cloth diapers are so pretty! I always see friends posting pics of them on a clothes line or something - love the colors & designs!

Jules - Wow. When I had pitocin with my son, they gave me the lowest dose they could (called it a "whiff") and I was immediately into contractions, one on top of the other. I can't imagine if it had been more! What I hated the most was after I was done (baby was born), they insisted on giving me a second bag - said it was policy and would shrink my uterus back to normal. So here I am at 11:00 at night, EXHAUSTED, and the darn Pitocin was giving me rhythmic bad period-like cramping/contractions. ALL.NIGHT.LONG. Could NOT sleep because of it. It was awful. :( I know now that it was probably in conjunction with afterbirth pains. I didn't know that was a thing at the time... Ugh!

mkyerby - OMG!!!!! Are they really allowed to force you to work a double like that?! In your 8th/9th month of pregnancy?! Holy OMG! Tell them no!!!! Angry for you!

AFM, nothing really to report. Baby has the hiccups as I type :haha: Just feel like I have a million things to do and not enough time or energy to do them all. But what's new, right?? Happy Friday everyone! Hope everyone has a great weekend! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->