• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2019 Junebugs

Uggggh so we haven't moved yet and it's obviously not gonna happen in the next 5 weeks so although we're still on the look out we at least have to get things set up for now. I must be nesting bc I just need to do SOMETHING with all this baby stuff currently sitting in my living room floor. I want to go through it and organize and pack hospital bags for some reason. (Csection scheduled for June 13th at 39 weeks so still have some time unless she tries to make a surprise earlier arrival). We've decided to get rid of guest room furniture and make the guest room DS's room and his current room the nursery since we're going to just convert his toddler bed back to the crib. We looked at new furniture for him yesterday but didn't buy anything yet. I told DH I wanted to buy it this week but the guest rooms still full bc it's also our junk/storage room since we have no attic or garage. Regardless I got antsy and am currently washing her newborn clothes bc I have room to hang them in DS'S closet and am going to try to clear a drawer in his dresser.

Feeling gigantic ladies! Sometimes uncomfortable but also just really happy and enjoying the last few weeks. I'm finally on maternity leave and loving it, hope I get to enjoy the full 4 weeks so baby girl needs to stay put until at least June 1st because I'm hoping for a June baby and still have a lot to do. But also she can't stay put too long since I'm due June 3rd and doc insists I need to go into labor by my due date, though he will do a sweep if need-be. So ya, she has a very specific window, hope she plays along. :haha:

Today I went through all the clothes so I can wash all her Newborn - 3 month stuff and get organized. Hubs put together the swing so now I just need a pack n play so I can get organized there and need to pack a hospital bag and install the infant seat. I need to organize the kid's closet too though, it's overflowing and overwhelming. No idea where to keep my son's shoes either. Good thing I'm on leave so I can work on this. Is it too late to add on to the house before babe gets here?? :haha:

Got a couple of our maternity photos back which I love. Even if I do look waaaay bigger than all you ladies with your cute bumps. Extra baby cushion I guess. :shrug:

View attachment 1060503
You look amazing! I’ll look into the Facebook group today. I’m really feeling a lot of anxiety about being strapped to a bed the entire time. I know the risks and the risk of rupture and that doesn’t scare me. What scares me is having no ability to move at all and feeling helpless and trapped. Please tell me what your hospital your day as today. I’m really interested to see so I can talk with my doctors.

Love the maternity photo, JJ! ...Wonder if I could get one in this weekend lol might have DH try to be a Photog. I feel so huge though it’s crazy. I’ll get a bump pic later! It feels bigger every day.

It’s Mothers Day on Sunday for us USA ladies :flow: hope we all get spoiled one way or another!

Waiting at the drs now for my 36 week appt. hope they call me back soon and get it over with!

I cleaned the whole house today while waiting for the HV to come just all the usual stuff safe sleeping etc . Back for another visit after baby is born !

So had a productive day cleaning but now
I’m shattered ! I’ve been in a very impatient mood today even getting frustrated with myself !

Looking forward to a cuppa and some fruit tea cakes later with DH haha .

My nesting is on and off too ! Going to buy the rest of the baby items we need this week it’s mainly clothes , a changing mat , blankets and milk for the hospital !

I’ve also started packing my hospital bag ! It’s all been thrown in for now in any kind of fashion ha

You look amazing MrsJJ !!

Sorry your not moving in time for baby’s arrival MK but least you have a plan of action to work through ! I know what it’s like having just re decorated and sorted out two bedrooms I was getting so frustrated! Hopefully you will be able to sort your rooms out before baby arrives ! Have to crack the arl whip with your DH ! Haha

Awww i kinda wish i got some maternity pics. I just take a selfie here and there when i feel kinda cute lol
I scrubbed all 3 bathrooms today and have been washing the new cloth diapers alllllll day lol. Cleaned one kids room and babys room.
Now im tired and still doing the cloth diapers in the wash.
I did scrub the floors on my hands and knees for the bathrooms ... Trying to keep baby facing the right way lol

@crusherwife44 i had a maternity shoot as my SIL is a newborn/maternity photographer otherwise I’m not sure I would. I try take one a week. Did you finish washing the cloth nappies?

@Babybump87 how did you find the health visitor? Like midwives I find them very hit and miss but mine this time round was just lovely. Did you get your red book? This time round I get it at the hospital rather than from her. Did you get your cuppa and tea cake??

@wifeybby how did your 36 week appointment go? All ok with your little lady?

@mkyerby16 so frustrating you’ve not moved yet but hopefully you’ll be sorted enough for when baby arrives. I’ve always a list for DH to get on with.

As for me I’ve got on a right mission and cleaned the kitchen... like every nook and cranny!!!! But now I hurt!!!! Still need to iron and hoover though. And pick up the monkeys from school.

I have my homebirth visit tomorrow but I’m unsure when I’ll see the midwife again seeing as they only do Tuesdays in clinic and she keeps telling me how busy they are!!!!!

What are everyone’s next appointments? I need to write up a loose birth plan at some point too x

I have only finished the flats and inserts. Now i need to prefold the flats and put them in the drawer. Said wash 3-4 times before first use lol. Took awhile. Doing the covers and baby blankets and first outfit today.
We're deep cleaning the kitchen and all up stairs next week when i kick the chicks outside. They just create so much dust. I made a 2 page list of everything to do and its feeling good crossing stuff off lol but if i dont have a cup of coffee in the morning ill sleep half the day.

Ahhhhh nesting.... I want to. But I have no energy and a ton of stuff to do just to keep my house going (that has nothing to do with nesting). It's driving me crazy because I DO want to nest!!! I've gotten some things done here and there, but nowhere near what I want to get done.

Mrs. JJ - You look fantastic! Love the pic, thanks for sharing!

AFM, I'm in pretty bad pain today, I'm assuming SPD related. My pelvic bone, in the front, feels like it's splitting open. I have pains running down both the insides and outsides of my legs, and I can barely walk. I have my 36 week appointment today (at 36 + 4) and I'll find out how dilation is going, etc. I'm wondering what I'll be told... unfortunately, I have a TON to do before the appointment today. I took half a day because my daughter is having mother's day tea at her classroom and I signed up to be a "mystery reader" before that AND help her class with math centers.... IDK how I'm going to get through it - hopefully there will be a spot for me to sit down for a while because this pain is real! :cry:

You look amazing! I’ll look into the Facebook group today. I’m really feeling a lot of anxiety about being strapped to a bed the entire time. I know the risks and the risk of rupture and that doesn’t scare me. What scares me is having no ability to move at all and feeling helpless and trapped. Please tell me what your hospital your day as today. I’m really interested to see so I can talk with my doctors.

When I went for the hospital visit they mentioned they had wireless everything so I'm hoping my doc will be good with that. I'm going to talk to him more about it and my doula too next week. I'm definitely not going to be OK with being strapped down either but from what I've heard so far I don't think that's what they plan to do.

@Mummy2Corban . She was really nice like you I find them hit and miss! No red book as we always get ours at the hospital after baby is born! Had a lovely cuppa and cake yes ! Thanks! Hope your appointment for the Home birth tomorrow goes well !!

My next appointment is on Wednesday with the midwife , although been the GP today and she was appalled the midwife hasn’t repeated my blood test since I stopped the iron tablets and b12 injections and was willing to leave it until a week/two weeks after baby is born . Said she was concerned because if they are still low I may bleed severely during and after delivery ! So I got blood tests today yuck !

Ouch @BellaRosa8302 ! Sorry your in so much pain ! How did your appointment go ?! I hope you managed to grab 5 mins down time!

Quick question what does lightening crotch feel like to you ladies ?!

I'm loving hearing about all this nesting! I'm in the thick of it too, washing baby girl's clothes and now I need to fold and organize them. I got all of my son's drawers organized so for now I can fit them both in one dresser, as they grow it's going to get harder! Also starting to pack the diaper bag, then will come my hospital bag, Hubby's and my son's overnight back for grandma's. Still need to order the pack n play, I'm kicking myself because the price jumped up $40 from last week. ](*,)

@crusherwife44 - good idea about scrubbing on hands and knees. I should be doing my exercises my doula and chiro have told me to do to help with hips and baby positioning. Maybe I'll scrub some floors and do those!

@BellaRosa8302 - sorry about all that pain! I have that same pubic bone pain where it feels like you're splitting in half but only when I'm rolling over in bed so getting up from the couch or something. So I try to keep my knees together, which of course is hard to do, they're so far apart now!

Oh I got back my group B strep swab results - negative! Phew!! One less thing to worry about. :happydance:

My next appointment is Tuesday. On Monday I have my next BPP ultrasound and NST.

At my last appointment, they didn't take a urine sample - and it had been six weeks since I had been in. It has been years since I had my last baby, but I thought they checked every visit. Is that still the case? If so, I wonder if I should remind them if they forget?

My appt went well yesterday - waiting to be seen is the worst part. All they did was check urine, babys heart rate and fundal height. All is well, and still feeling a ton of movement which I love.

Jules, I would ask them about checking urine for sure! They should be looking for glucose and protien at each visit; and I think they check for bacteria like for an asymptomatic UTI. Good things to look for!

Bump pic! Livin’ large :haha:

FF8C2E36-BA84-43D4-8707-F794260C44F8.jpeg

Oh, and I’ve been nesting hard since February. We moved into our new house then, and since then it’s been game on of getting the house in order, as well as babys stuff. This is my first though so I think that’s why it’s so strong, if I had little ones running around I think I’d just now be starting to get her things together.

They check my urine at every appointment... For bacteria and protein and whatever else. I would think checking for proteins would be important at this point :shrug:

Good morning ladies. Sorry to hear some are in pain. I try to sit forward and then when i get up i cant straighten from pelvic pain.
So i had some bh last night for about an hour and then i was like.... Maybe i should just go to sleep. Then when my hubs got home this morning we had sex and then i had a few more. Im still early but got me kind of excited because with the other 2 NOTHING happened before labor. Now im hoping my body is preparing for baby to slip right out as soon as i get labor and delivery. Lol

Crusher - I never had BH until my fourth pregnancy - I hope they help you along! I've had them this time as well, but these have been more painful than my last pregnancy. I sure hope they are working some magic in there and like you said baby just slips right out at delivery!

I forgot - I also have a growth scan on Monday. I sure hope she is the right size!

Good morning ladies. Sorry to hear some are in pain. I try to sit forward and then when i get up i cant straighten from pelvic pain.
So i had some bh last night for about an hour and then i was like.... Maybe i should just go to sleep. Then when my hubs got home this morning we had sex and then i had a few more. Im still early but got me kind of excited because with the other 2 NOTHING happened before labor. Now im hoping my body is preparing for baby to slip right out as soon as i get labor and delivery. Lol
Haha oh gosh I was cracking up reading you say “slip right out.” Wouldn’t that be great if they could just slip right out!

Jules - your midwife should for sure be checking your urine at every appointment ! Even my GP checked mine yesterday at a routine appointment ! Good luck for your scan on Monday !

I’ve been having a lot of BH and pain in my lady parts ! I really hope baby has started to drop , my MIL thinks he has as she said my bump doesn’t seem as high but I can never tell haha .

Maybe you should have more sex Crusher if it may help things along faster !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->