2019 Junebugs

Mkyerby - I was thinking the same thing as Bella - cool to share with friends you work with, but then again I'm not sure I would want people just popping in? I hope that ends up being nice for you!

I had my DS there so I've done it before and it wasn't too bad, but I remember I had been in labor for over a day then csection and then for whatever reason they had an issue with the water so I needed a shower sooo bad. Looked like death and greasy hair and finally I could take a shower I was literally standing in the bathroom about to get in when my DH was like um some of your coworkers are here to see you.... I was like seriously now?! Lol The rest I think asked me first before they came up

Mkyerby - AHHHHH!!!! How mortifying! I guess they would all understand because you just gave birth, but ugh!

Babybump, that is an impressive packing list!!!
I’ve got a diaper bag packed for baby and a separate bag for me. I just threw things in as I thought of them! Ha

Birthing class at the birth center tomorrow! I’m excited - but am I the only one who waited this late? :haha: we’ve just been so busy and DH has worked a lot of the Saturdays they’ve done it (once a month)

For the witch hazel question. I got cooling pads w/witch hazel and hydrocortizone cream. That is what I used in my last two births. I put 3 cooling wipes down on a pad and squirt the cream on them then pull them up patting it on gently. Messy like but it is helpful and feels comforting since everything down below is a mess anyways. 6 more days til I go to hospital. Crazy!

Any babys poppin out yet?
Ive got shampoo, toothbrush stuff, nursing pads, pads, and change for the vending machine in my backpack for the hospital. Hubs said a pair of underwear for him. Lol idk what to put in for me. Maybe some maternity yoga pants for the ride home with a tshirt and undies.
Hubs is just now setting up the crib. Although we have the playard thing in our room for the first little while.
Still kinda crazy we are at the end.

Well I’m hoping for a June baby :haha: so to make that possible I’ve got to be at least 3 days late.... which doesn’t seem impossible seeing as though all my babies have been late???? I don’t feel as though this baby is showing any signs it’s coming soon BUT you never know!!!!!

For the witch hazel question. I got cooling pads w/witch hazel and hydrocortizone cream. That is what I used in my last two births. I put 3 cooling wipes down on a pad and squirt the cream on them then pull them up patting it on gently. Messy like but it is helpful and feels comforting since everything down below is a mess anyways. 6 more days til I go to hospital. Crazy!

Not in this thread but come across this piece of advice and I will be trying this for sure! I suffered so much with my previous babies, this sounds like a good idea!

The witch hazel and cream helped out a LOT with itching and just needing relief period with my other two. I had a tear with my first that was pretty bad and that helped me a lot. Hope it helps you!

Yes ladies 5 days til I am expected to go to hospital! Crazy. Time has flown by. I just pray this process goes smoothly and since 3rd baby maybe quick as well lol.

All is well thanks Bella !

Thanks Elm! I have a thing with lists haha ! May help someone in case they forget their toothbrush haha !

Hope the birthing class went well Wifey !

Oh wow Hoping !! 5 days ! Those days back when we were in the TTC thread seem a million miles away now ! Cannot wait to see some cute little babies !

Birth stories!!!! So for @Hoping4numbr3 yu should have some pictures and announcement and days! Do you think anyone will go in between then???? Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Exciting!

What appointments are there this week? I have the midwife on Tuesday. She said she will book me in for 41 weeks just encase and will give me a sweep if I make it c

I see my mw on Tuesday too, not expecting much just belly measure etc. She mentioned maybe a growth scan if baby still at top of growth chart but I doubt I’ll agree to it!

I see my Dr on Tuesday too. That starts my weekly appointments and she said she'd check me then just to see if anything's happening but since I'm scheduled for csection she probably wouldn't check me anymore after that

No appointments for me this week !

Weirdest thing happened to me today . Sitting on the floor , legs crossed doing DDs hair and all of a sudden I heard and felt a pop in my lower tummy . Was like what was that stood straight up but nothing happened ! This was about 6 hours ago . Had the usual twinges but nothing else. So strange ! This happened to anyone else before ?!

Babybump, i would have thought my waters were broken if i heard that pop sound and felt that feeling. Maybe, strong movement of baby?

Omg mkyerby! I’d be mortified!!! Go you! <3

Hoping - did you ever try dermoplast? Wondering if it’s better or worse than your suggestion? I grabbed a can of dermoplast, and I made some “padsicles” with aloe, lavender, & tea tree oil... not sure what I’ll end up using in the end though. Maybe I should grab some tucks pads too (witch hazel pads). <3

Eeeek on babies & birth Stories! Exciting! Hoping, can’t believe you’re down to 4 days away!! :yipee:

Baby bump - odd - no idea! No discomfort?!

AFM, I feel like I get new signs of impending labor daily... only to find they’re false. But hey, that IS what my midwife said would happen with 3rd babies. She said lots of false starts & then quick transition/birth. Well, I’m hesitant to say (boy who cried wolf & all that) but after passing my plug a good 5x this week, I finally actually got my bloody show about an hour ago now! Kinda crazy because with both my other kids, I didn’t get it til I was already in the hospital, in active labor, less than an hour before delivering! Soooo labor soon?!?! In the meantime, other than being a nervous wreck :haha: I have mild period-like cramping (constant) and erratic contractions (not consistent at all). So I guess we will see if anything comes of this! <3

Unfortunately, in other news, DH is sick!!!! He woke up in the middle of the night last night with a 101.5 fever! DS & DD both have mild colds. I’m the only “heathy” one (knock wood!) Hoping they all get healthy soon as I’m afraid of the new baby catching whatever it is they have!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->