2019 Junebugs

Well, it's my last day to go on my own. It's also my youngest daughter's birthday, so I'd rather not give birth today. But if I did, I would just be so thankful I was able to finally for once not be induced! I have a huge list of errands and jobs before I go to bed. Such a weird and nice part of knowing when you will give birth! You can get last minute things ready. I guess I should finally pack my hospital bag?!? And install the car seat? Ha!

It's hard to believe there are only three of us left and it's barely halfway through June. Looks like we will all be giving birth this week, too!

Ahhh hope your DD has a nice birthday Jules ! Haha yeah I think you best get that bag and car seat ready now!

All the running around might send you into labour later this evening!

I just can’t see anything happening with me anytime soon! Least I only have to wait until tomorrow for another sweep and I am going to ask the midwife questions , because the notes they have been writing last few appointments have been useless ! Saying baby is fully engaged but then just writing engaged in my notes , one said I was fully effaced then another wrote almost effaced ! jeesh !

Babybump - how frustrating to be overdue and nothing happening. I sure hope you go into labor soon!

@Shanlee16 i hope something has come of those contractions????

@Babybump87 its so frustrating how one midwife says one thing and then another something totally different! Hopefully the other one was wrong and he is fully engaged etc!

@julesmw hope your DD has a lovely birthday and those errands get baby moving!!! Hopefully you go into labour and baby arrives tomorrow!!!

Congrats on all the new babies!! :)

@Babybump87 Sorry about the frustrating notes. Hoping you are holding your baby real soon!

My heart rate is starting to go back up so all is good here :)

I have been so lax, sorry ladies! I think I got all the baby updates on the 1st page, please let me know if I'm missing anything or wrote anything wrong. Only a few more babies to go!! :happydance:

@Mark&Annie - Loved your birth story, so primal, you're one tough mama!! And of course you have incredible taste in names! Love our Loreleis!!

Congrats @wifeybby! Hope you're healing up from the c-section, that wasn't in my plans the 1st time either but it happens and the important thing is everyone is healthy and happy. Hope you're settling in well at home.

I've seen updates from @Shanlee16, her water broke and she's in the hospital. Thinking VBAC thoughts for her!! :dance:

AFM - Got home Friday and it's been amazing. Baby girl is a pro breastfeeder and sleeper (this was a concern because she was not sleeping at night in the hospital). In fact, I have to wake her up all the time to nurse which isn't easy to do, she sleeps HARD. But my milk came in quick and I've got clogged ducts (in my armpits of all places) so I need her to nurse often. They make me feel awfully yucky, can't keep my eyes open and very sore. I'm using a hot compress though and massaging so I think I'll get through without antibiotics. :thumbup:

@Mrs. JJ Clogged ducts already!? That sucks sorry. My boobs felt crappy everytime they were refilling until just now at 3 weeks. Finally not hurting every time the milk comes in. Hope you get that cleared up soon with out mastitis!

@Shanlee16 Good luck!! Hope Labor goes quickly and smoothly for you and you get your VBAC!

No fun, JJ! Just keep nursing!

Thinking of you, ShanLee !

I've got clogged ducts too! I just took a Tylenol cuz i feel crappy. I took a scalding shower which i don't think helped. I massage them every time i nurse. Didn't have it this bad with last baby but my first was awful!

Thanks ladies your all so helpful !

Glad your heart rate is getting back to normal Hoping !

Awww Mrs JJ she sounds a dream ! Hope the clogged ducts resolve soon !

Good luck Shan !!

Its just me and you now Jules of the active ladies waiting!!

JJ - cold cabbage leaves were my best friend when I had clogged milk ducts and mastitis. I highly recommend!

JJ - cold cabbage leaves were my best friend when I had clogged milk ducts and mastitis. I highly recommend!

I never tried that last time, might have to give it a whirl. I wonder why cabbage?

Yay Jules!! Definitely thinking of you!

Babybump hang in there!! It will come eventually. And the midwives brew is a combination of apricot juice, lemon verbena tea, nut butter and castor oil. I took it and within 5 hours was in labor! So now I am officially a believer.

Afm- I started having contractions Monday morning at 2am, fell asleep at 4a and woke up at 6a to my water breaking. Contractions started up a few hours later and got down to 2-3 mins apart and pretty uncomfortable so I decided to head to the hospital. I believe this was my first mistake but never having had labored before I didn’t know they weren’t the real deal yet. They were just so uncomfortable I thought for sure I was progressing to active labor! We got to the hospital and much to my disappointment I was 1cm, 50% effaced and -3. My contractions started to stall and even with a wireless monitor and bouncing and walking I wasn’t progressing. Not wanting to augment labor I left the hospital against medical advice to labor some more at home. I thought this might help my contractions pick back up. But it didn’t. After 4-5 hours I decided I was tired and should go back in to the hospital to allow augmentation to begin.

We got her about 8p, I still hadn’t picked back up with contractions or progressed at all and was still where I was when we left. I agreed to start pitocin and around 10:30 we started. Contractions started pretty quickly and at 1a I couldn’t take it anymore and requested I be checked so I could get some pain relief. I was 3cm and 70% and -2!!!! I was so relieved and excited!! I was actually progressing (which was my biggest fear due to not getting the opportunity to with my daughter!)

So I got IV morphine at 1:20a and had a couple of hours of relaxation and consistent non-painful contractions until about just now. I woke up feeling pretty crappy through my contractions but I am so excited to be progressing and I’m looking forward to my next check. I think then I will request an epidural so I can actually get some sleep! I’m exhausted and haven’t slept almost at all.

I’ll keep you ladies updated and Mark&annie I’m off to read your birth story now. Wish me luck and I send all my love and positive vibes to you beautiful ladies!!

Eeek!! Exciting! You’re meeting your baby really soon!!! Going to be checking in all day :D xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->