2019 Junebugs

Yeah Mummy I am more relaxed about it now knowing they just don’t go straight with the hard stuff !

Ohhh that’s interesting Mrs JJ !! That gives me confidence !

Good luck Shan !

My five year old is driving me up the wall!! Constantly wants to hold baby, having tantrums if her brothers get a hold. ARGHHHHH!!!!
And breathe. Nearly bed time!!

I'm progressing so slowly. I'm only at a 4. The good news is that these contractions are so bearable. Usually they pump the Pitocin way up and I've had an epidural by now. I'm still doing well because they are happy with my contractions and said why do more when it's not needed. It looks like it will be an evening baby.

Ohhh progression is exciting!

Cant believe my planned csecrion was booked for tomoro but I have a nearly 4 week old :)
We have silent reflux which isn't not fantastic I'm shattered, but hopefully meds kick in soon. Recently weighted and he's 4 and a have pound :) still a tidy dot! 20190615_214718.jpg

They broke my water and I'm at a five. Still high. If this doesn't move things along they will up my Pitocin. Still having enough time between contractions to stay in control and feel like I can handle it. I am so glad this doctor likes to be as easy as is reasonable. I've never had a labor this bearable. I sure hope this is over soon. Contractions suuuuuucccckkkkk!

@julesmw - sounds like things are moving along well and you have a great doc! Hope it is over quickly!

@emzeebob - Awwww he’s just so precious! Love those big eyes!

@Mark&Annie - My 5 year-old has been a challenge this week as well. He’s been good about sister but lots of tantrums and door slamming (oops, he got that from me :blush:) and saying “No” to us. I’m trying to be patient with him because I know this has been a big adjustment for him but that just seems to make it worse. Give a 5 year-old and inch and he’ll take 1,000 miles. #-o

@Babybump87 - You’ve been quiet since your sweep... wonder if things have picked up? :-k

@Shanlee16 - last I heard she was getting ready to push but that was awhile ago... I sure hope everything went well and she’s just busy snuggling her babe. [-o<

Chloe Denise was born at 7:07 pm weighing 7lb 7oz, 20 1/2 inches long. No epidural or meds and I would never recommend that in the future. I would take an epidural any day. Once I figure how to upload a pic I will post one. Looking forward to hearing from Shanlee and Babybump!

Chloe Denise was born at 7:07 pm weighing 7lb 7oz, 20 1/2 inches long. No epidural or meds and I would never recommend that in the future. I would take an epidural any day. Once I figure how to upload a pic I will post one. Looking forward to hearing from Shanlee and Babybump!

Congrats!! Can’t wait for pictures! I updated the 1st page.

I think we only have one more baby to add from our active members! Hope all is well @Babybump87!!

@Shanlee16 - I added Liam to the 1st page as well. I’ll let you add your own update but want the rest of the ladies to know that you and baby are OK.

My boooooooobs!!!
Feel very large and achey, had lots of hot baths and massaging them, I’d forgotten how hard this is :(

Ahh, congrats to the new babies!! Yay!!! :cloud9:

My milk supply sucks. :( baby is 6 days old, it’s taking me an hour to pump one ounce. And that’s getting half an ounce from each side after 30 minutes. Hand expressing gets me absolutely nowhere. Baby lost weight 13-14% of her birth weight so we’ve had to supplement with formula. I do believe “fed is best”, but can’t help but feel disappointed. Have any of you guys been through this?

@Mark&Annie ooooo the big aching boobs bit! I have lotsa baths/showers in those first few days to try ease that feeling. Hopefully they start softening up soon!!!!

@wifeybby I’ve never really had a problem with supply so I can’t really say much on that but I have never had much success in pumping either but they do say that isn’t a true reflection on your supply?!

My boooooooobs!!!
Feel very large and achey, had lots of hot baths and massaging them, I’d forgotten how hard this is :(

I'm right there with you right now! I kept waking up last night bc my boobs hurt so much! Then baby will sometimes nurse from both sides but sometimes only one and if she does only one the other hurts too much not to pump some but I don't want to keep pumping and making them think they need to make even more! When she nurses the top and outsides get softer but the inside and bottoms stay hard.

Wifey- I'm so sorry you're struggling. In the hospital Kinsley dropped 12% and they had us supplement with formula. I cried when the nurse came in and told me she needed it and had her take her back to the nursery and feed her bc I couldn't. The next day DH fed her formula after I breastfed. They also had me pumping to get my milk in faster. It was an awful cycle of feed, pump, try to get her to eat pumped milk then formula. While mentally I knew it wasn't my fault I couldn't help but feel like I was failing my baby and unable to give her what she needed. At birth she was 7lbs 2oz, after 48 hours she was 6lbs 4oz. At discharge on Sunday she was 6lbs 6oz so they let us go home but we had to make sure the ped saw her Monday. At their office I felt crushed when she weighed 6lbs 4oz again, but Dr said it could be differences in their scales and to come back Friday for another weight check.

Sorry about the supply issues ladies. I wish I had some advice. I haven’t had issues and never pumped really so again, no advice. The few times I tried to pump I got so little I just quit trying. Luckily my kids take it straight from the boob but that means I’m on demand and can’t leave the kid for the 1st year! Gonna try to pump a little this time around so I have some on back up in case mom needs a night out or for long car rides when I can’t stretch my boob into the backseat. :haha: I have the freemie pump, it’s small and can be hidden under clothes. Haven’t tried it yet because I’m not sure when I’m supposed to start since I don’t want an over supply... and I also ordered the haakaa today. Saw a post on FB where someone used it a couple times a day while babe nurses on the other boob and she had a ton of extra milk for the freezer. Seemed like it might be worth a try. I’ve been using milk savers for the last few days while nursing and managed to get 2 ounces each day which is cool but from what I’ve heard it’s just fore milk (not fatty hind milk) so it’s better than letting my breast pads soak it up and waste it but it’s not much more nutritious than water.

Oh, I posted my birth story in my journal. It’s long as hell though so I wouldn’t be hurt if you didn’t have time to read it. Just trying to get it all down so I can go back and read it when I’ve forgotten all the details.

I’m going to get a pump today. Never had much luck with them but my right boob has a duct that’s just not draining properly and I need to try!

@Mark&Annie - Hope the pump helps! Have you tried l hot compress/massage? That usually helps me.

Ladies - does anyone else have swollen lymph nodes in their armpits? They swelled up when my milk came in. They hurt like hell and hot compress and massage doesn’t seem to be helping. That’s the only advice I can find online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->