2019 Junebugs

Shan - so close! And if you are looking for reading to bide the time, read the funny/embarrassing labor stories thread. It is just great!!!

My alarm rings in 2 hrs 15 minutes. I sure hope I can get back to sleep! Urgh. Hate trying to sleep the night before induction.

@Shanlee16 hoping for some good dilation for your next check! Keep going girl! Nearly babytime!

@julesmw hoping you got back to sleep! And induction goes nice and smooth. Hopefully baby news soon from you too!

@Babybump87 did you say you have the midwife today? And another sweep?

Is it better to stay in bed resting or to just get up and start getting ready?

Ohhh noooooo!!!! Are they good at getting things going at your hospital or does it depend on how busy they are? How are you feeling? X

I've never been at this one before. I don't even know where I'm going when I get there. It's 5 am so I think I'm just going to get up. Maybe a hot cup of coffee and a long shower will be nice. I have to be there in two hours.

I can’t imagine trying to sleep knowing it’s going to be labour day!

Fifth time being induced. It really doesn't get any easier to sleep beforehand!

@julesmw - if you could sleep it would be weird! I would never be able to sleep if I knew I was having a baby that day! Hope your induction goes smooth, can’t wait to see baby photos! :flower:

Heading to the hospital in a few minutes. I sure hope baby's head has shifted, baby descends correctly, and this delivery goes well. Otherwise my fifth induction might be my first c-section. She still feels like she is sitting high up in me.

Oh Jules hope you managed to get some rest ! My fingers are crossed all goes well !!

Yes Mummy just got back from the midwife . She clarified all my questions ! Fundal measurement is 41 too . Baby is fully engaged has been since 39 weeks going by my notes. She said his head is literally there ! Sweep was less uncomfortable today as she said my cervix is anterior still 2cm and she said fully effaced .

She thinks when I go into labour it will be a quick one. Booked for induction on Friday if he’s not here ! Thankfully it’s changed at my hospital now so I will go in Friday morning for the pessary if all is well I will be able to come home and see if that works within 24 hours , if not they will break my waters and the drip will be commenced if no progress ! So glad it’s not just straight for the drip !!

Fingers crossed it’s third time lucky with the sweep !

Last edited:
They were going to give me something to soften my cervix but since I'm having contractions on my own they decided to go straight to Pitocin. It's only been about half an hour but I can already feel them more intense than they've been all morning. Even with so many contractions I was barely at a 2 and between 70-80% effaced when they checked when I got here. Not sure how so many contractions are doing so little, except that the baby's head isn't in prime position. I hope I have baby news before too long!

Good luck Babybump! I hope the sweep works and we all have our wee ones today!

They were going to give me something to soften my cervix but since I'm having contractions on my own they decided to go straight to Pitocin. It's only been about half an hour but I can already feel them more intense than they've been all morning. Even with so many contractions I was barely at a 2 and between 70-80% effaced when they checked when I got here. Not sure how so many contractions are doing so little, except that the baby's head isn't in prime position. I hope I have baby news before too long!

Oh gosh !! Good luck !!

I’ve lost more mucus plug ,, this time it’s got a bit of brown in it !! Not sure if it may be the start of things or just because of the sweep

@Babybump87 third time lucky!!!! Come on baby boy. At least you know the plan for Friday and like you say at least you’ll get to go home with the pessary.

@julemw my 4th wasn’t engaged when I went into labour and even then he took a while to engage. Hopefully your contractions do there job and get baby engaged! Goodluck!

Update: I had continued the pitocin after getting my 130a check and by 4 I was so unbelievably uncomfortable. I requested a check and hadn’t progressed at all. I was so discouraged and trying hard not to be but I broke down. I wanted more pain meds but they couldn’t give me any until 5:30a but they did offer me an epidural. I wasn’t too fond on the idea of getting it at only 3cm but I was so uncomfortable I couldn’t take it. I accepted and of course they came in like 20 mins to say that the only anesthesiologist was about to go into an ECS and I was going to have to wait. I broke down and cried but they had already disconnected the pitocin so I wasn’t horribly uncomfortable like before. At 530 I was given the pain meds again and I took a nap. I woke up about an hour later with horrible contractions and needed the epidural. I didn’t want to get it but I was in so much pain and exhausted.

I got it at about 645-7a and it helped so much and I was able to sleep. I started on the pitocin and my contractions picked up. Check at 1030a said 5cm, 80% and -1!!!! I was pumped!!! I felt renewed energy and faith in myself to do give birth vaginally and trust in my body! I have since been having more consistent contractions that cause a lot of pressure in between my legs and my bloody show. I’m so excited and feeling like we will be having him sooner than later!! I’ll continue to update and sorry for the other ladies that I haven’t asked what is going on or checked in more frequently.

@Babybump87 - I bet this sweep will get something going! I was 2cm after that day I got all those sweeps then I had one more in the morning and she was born 8:15 that night! Hope it gets started for you!!

@julesmw - I think that’s not so bad! Almost fully effaced, then dilation happens after that, right? I bet this will be a smooth induction!

@Shanlee16 - You’re totally gonna rock this VBAC, you’re so close! Get it mama!!

Afm - my great accomplishment today... I pooped! I could swear I felt a freakin stitch pop though. Should have been taking more fiber. #-o

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->