2019 Junebugs

My sweeped worked !! Woke up at early hours around 2am Wednesday morning with full swing contractions , left it and we got to the hospital around 4am , I was already gone 6cm ! Onto the gas and air ! Baby James was born at 7.15 am on 19 June weighing .. 9lb 8oz !!! He was a big boy !

Thankfully I didn’t needed any stitches or anything but we have stayed in hospital over night because he wasn’t feeding too good, they think he may have swallowed some blood and fluid ! Hopefully be allowed to take my boy home today ! Over joyed , and in love !

Ahhh Jules our babies have the same birthday how cool is that after we were kept waiting for them !! xx

Babybump - massive congrats!!!!! My little one was born the night before on the 18th, but they were born within about 12 hours of each other! Pretty cool!

It's so exciting that all our June births are done! Congrats to each and every one of you!

Last edited:
Oh, I posted my birth story in my journal. It’s long as hell though so I wouldn’t be hurt if you didn’t have time to read it. Just trying to get it all down so I can go back and read it when I’ve forgotten all the details.

Have you a link to your journal lovely x

@Mark&Annie - Hope the pump helps! Have you tried l hot compress/massage? That usually helps me.

Ladies - does anyone else have swollen lymph nodes in their armpits? They swelled up when my milk came in. They hurt like hell and hot compress and massage doesn’t seem to be helping. That’s the only advice I can find online.
Maybe that’s what mine is, it’s more toward armpit - I read some ducts aren’t connected to the nipple and can fill with milk but do go away on their own. Thinking it’s one of those, not sure!

Ohh baby brain Jules !! Amazing !!

Thanks everyone !! He’s feeding a bit better this morning!

@Babybump87 - Wonderful news!! And no stitches or anything! I’m so jealous!!! Hope you get to take the little man home today. I added his name and birthday to the 1st page, let me know if I need to change anything.

Ladies!! We did it!! All our babies are born and it’s only the 20th! We’re ahead of schedule! :haha:

@Mark&Annie - I hope these do go away soon. They hurt like hell and I’m so afraid of mastitis.

@Mummy2Corban - Thank you!! I’m so happy!

I’m going to try our first outing today. I need to get to the chiro in a bad way, my head is killing me. I’m sure birth messed me up pretty good. At one point when I was laboring at the end on my hands and knees, the doula pointed out to Hubs my sacrum, it was sticking up! So off to the chiro we go. It’s going to be quite the production, I need a bath, baby needs a bath and then we need to get in the dreaded car seat. She was not a fan on the way home from the hospital. Wish us luck!

Good luck! We just did our first outing, just home now I’m shattered! It was Louis’ sports day and I wanted to be there for him, so glad I did as he fell and was really upset :(
Lorelei coped ok but I wasn’t driving so I could sit next to her with my hand on her head.
Might have to do school runs next week and I’m dreading doing it on my own :(

@Mark&Annie yay for getting out. I was dreading the school runs on my own too! I started on my own Monday!!! Trying to get everyone dressed and fed.... argh!!!!!

@Mrs. JJ did you have a successful outing?

Ugh anyone else ever struggled with nausea/general yucky feeling postpartum? I feel like I have morning sickness again. I keep randomly feeling almost like hungover or I'll randomly gag or gag if I see or smell something gross. Wth. I'm guessing it's a combo of hormones and lack of sleep. Even not preggo I've gotten sick feeling in the morning if I had to get up really early, but I never felt like this with my DS so idk.

@mkyerby16 - you don’t have any clogged ducts or any anemia or anything? I’ve been feeling yucky off and on but I think it’s a combo of the slight anemia I got from birth (can’t keep my eyes open) and the swollen lymph nodes. Even have a possible UTI trying to take hold. Could just be hormonal though.

Ya, had a great outing. The drive from the hospital - home was baaaad because we’re newborn noobs again. Inherited a super nice car seat but set it up all wrong to poor baby girl was uncomfortable. This time around we had it all figures out and she just sat in her seat and enjoyed the sights. Once at the chiro my friend was there and was able to rock her to sleep which was amazing because literally no one except mom (aka Milk Bags) can calm her or hold her for very long and she slept the whole way home. :thumbup:

Has anyone gotten the Haakaa? I ordered it and tried it today, got 3.5 ounces of milk just from one nursing session on each boob! It was awesome! Little to no effort. I know I really shouldn’t pump yet but I had to try it. When are we supposed to start pumping?

I’ve not tried it but I’ve one similar in my amazon basket! Have thought about buying it though. I like to have a just encase stash of milk.

Glad your trip went ok and baby girl slept for you.

Thanks ladies he’s such a dream ! The girls are besotted with him I keep crying at their gentlessness and overall caring towards him !

Oh gosh the first outing for us won’t be until next week probably the dreaded school run haha!

Baby is really fussing at the bottle , it’s as if he wants the milk but cannot latch onto the teat and just moves his head side to side , he eventually does latch on. We have tried Nuby , TT, Dr Brown , Any suggestions for a bottle ?! I have a sample bottle from MAM and NUK going to give them a go today . Maybe the other teats are too fat and round .. hmm .

@Hoping4numbr3 - I’m still suffering from the tinnitus !! He’s only 3 days old today so I am still hopeful it will go once all my pregnancy hormones settle down ! But did yours go louder after birth ? I’m not sure if it’s just me, or if mine seems a tad louder ? I hope it’s not a sign it’s not going to go away !

@Babybump87 makes your heart melt doesn’t it seeing the biggies with the baby. Cooper isn’t so keen on the baby but his not mean or anything just not interested in Huxley!

As for bottles I’ve not much experience but we have always been successful with mam ones. Hope you have some success with one of them.

Thanks Mummy !! Aww bless him it’s a big change for them too never mind us !

James didn’t like any soother either but has taken to a MAM one fingers crossed for the bottle !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->