2019 Junebugs

Ahh hard reading catching up on the last few days, so sorry @cofostermom and @brit Will be praying for your rainbows xx

Hi everyone who’s new and congrats!

I’m generally feeling ok, no nausea yet but it’s early days, I have had lots of cramping, wish I’d written stuff down the last times so I could remember if it is normal! Mostly I think it’s gas! But still makes me worry. I’ve had lots of discharge too which makes me panic and I have to go check it’s not blood!

Always been so lucky, with pregnancy and birth, makes me feel I’m tempting fate having another. Need to positive up.

Plus, how do you guys get such early scans and find out gender early etc?! Are most of you in the states? 12weeks is the earliest I’ll find out if it’s even there

Brit I’m so sorry to hear that. Sending hugs

I’m in the uk..... I get an early scan due to my previous molar and chemo. I have to clarify to charring cross it is indeed a new pregnancy and not another molar. I’m 6 weeks tomorrow so I’ll call my drs to get a referral.

Xx

Littlejune I couldn’t recommend those sea bands enough they were a godsend when pregnant with DD2! I felt sick all the time these helped a lot !

Hi mark&annie,

I get early scans because we conceived on Clomid through fertility clinic. I’m in the uk too and will hopefully be discharged to normal midwife care after our viability scan tomorrow Xx

@Brit95 -OHHH NO! I am so sorry to hear this. I will be praying for you and I hope you get your sticky bean very soon! Hugs!

I do not really understand why they make you ladies wait in the UK until 12 weeks. Wouldn't that be kind of dangerous if you were having an ectopic pregnancy? Plus the first trimester is crucial times to be telling new moms what not to eat,use medicine wise, etc. Sorry you have to wait. Here in the USA I think they normally like to see us around 8 weeks. My scan ended up being at 6 weeks 4 days though but by my last period they thought I was 7 weeks 4 days. (I ovulated late and I already knew it).

As for my births- I had vaginal births both times. First labor I was 40 weeks plus 4 days and it was a 20 hour labor but no interventions needed. Was in painful back labor for about 8-9 hours stuck in a hospital bed unable to move around so even though I was against an epidural at the time I got it after that. 2nd birth (40 weeks 2 days) I had contractions in the morning so went ahead and got someone to grab my daughter then left with my sister to the hospital around 11:00 AM. Got to the birthing center and contractions stopped. Walked around outside to see if they would get going again. A rude nurse came out asking me why I was there (UGH I WAS HUGE .. HELLO!) Asked me if this was my first labor with an attitude. I was like no my 2nd. That changed her mood. She said "Oh okay I will get your chart out and we will see you when your ready". So I ended up leaving and go back home and the contractions started again. I waited until they were very close together then I drove myself to the birthing center. I came in and that nurse was there and was like "This is the woman I was telling you about that was outside earlier..". They had already had a room ready for me. Guess she believed I was actually in labor at that point. From that point on Labor was only 4 hours.

Last edited:
So sorry to those experiencing losses. Major hugs & prayers for a sticky bean soon. :hugs2: I can't imagine that pain.

I'm in the US & they do 1st appt & scan at 8 weeks unless something goes wrong (bleeding, pain, history of a condition). My office is a stickler about not scheduling it even a day early based on lmp.

In my first pregnancy which was natural conception, I saw a midwife around 8/9 weeks to do the booking in appointment. Basically an hour appointment asking questions about everything and completing my maternity notes. These are taken to every midwife appointment from then on. No scans before 12 weeks unless paid for privately or concerns around ectopic or bleeding. Most hospitals here have a early pregnancy unit which does early scans like the one I had last week because of bleeding.

This time around, we conceived under the fertility clinic on Clomid so I have a viability scan booked for tomorrow (6 w 5 d) and then will go to my booking appointment with the midwife as normal if everything is ok.

I think its fascinating how things differ in different countries. Our NHS system can be entirely frustrating at times but I believe we are very lucky to have "free" healthcare. I can imagine the stress of having to pay for operations or ensure insurance covers is not ideal during pregnancy!

Nausea has definitely hit me today. Yesterday it ramped up a little but this morning I was nauseous before I even got out of bed! Almost feels like my stomach is empty even if I have recently eaten. I had this with my son until exactly 12 weeks so similar time frame this time around by the looks of it.

I am trying to take the fact that I haven't had any spotting now for 3 days as a good sign however I have that much discharge at the moment I keep having to go to the loo to see if its blood! (Sorry TMI) I am terrified of bleeding again. xx

Sarah I’m feeling you with the discharge!!!!

I’m not looking forward to calling my drs for a referral... when I was pregnant with my last the referral lady was so rude. Asking about previous losses she had no compassion and was so rude about it all. Hopefully it’s not the same one. I should be discharged from the early pregnancy unit if all is well with my scan. But I’ll be consultant led again until they are happy all scans look clear from a molar.

Ladies who is finding out sex? Any guesses already what you think your having? We will remain team yellow!

I would love to remain team yellow but I’m so impatient we will definitely be finding out gender at 20 week scan!!

So sorry brit! Gosh i wish i could hug you ladies.
The doctor im at now was gonna do a dating ultrasound at 8 weeks. I was told to get the 6 week ultrasound this time around because of losing the last baby. I think we are opting to wait until 12 weeks. I haven't even called the doctor this time around.
I got my flu shot yesterday and now feel like crap

Oh and we'll probably find out. Did for the last two and i was so emotional my husband didn't believe kiah was a boy until he came out lol

Thanks that makes sense when and why everyone has scans at different times!

I’d like to wait and stat team yellow, I never have before! But I know what I’m like and I’ll probably cave - plus I know exactly what and where to look so it’s very hard even if they say ‘look away now’ I end up looking
I would be over the moon to have a sister for my daughter, she already feels outnumbered, but obviously would love a little boy too!

Yes Free insurance would be nice. I have been lucky enough to have decent insurance with each pregnancy so it hasn't been too expensive. I believe I will find out gender at 14 weeks at a 3d scanning place near me :)

I’m not sure how this pregnancy will be with me. I had a scan at 11 weeks last time but now I’m in a different state. So who knows. I go in next week to have bloods drawn to verify pregnancy and then I suppose we will go from there.

We will be finding out the sex with this baby as it’s my OHs first baby but with our next I’d like to wait. I wanted to wait with my DD but couldn’t Because I’m inpatient :haha:

Is anyone else crampy/bloated? It feels like pressure or AF cramps which scares me it’s been 10 years since I’ve been preggo, so I forget if I felt like this early on.

I felt like that for about the whole week around af date but its eased up. I even ate beans yesterday and no bloating.

I've started having some mild cramping here & there. I know with my DS I had cramps that felt just like AF for months. In fact the day I tested I was like this is a waste bc I feel just like AF is coming, but nope all was well. My dr said it was my uterus & ligaments stretching out. The bloating was serious too. I'd wake up with my belly looking normal then by lunch I'd look 20 weeks when I was only like 10.

We're definitely finding out gender at 20 weeks, I could just never be team yellow. I need to prepare.... nursery theme, clothes etc lol Plus I know with my DS I felt a lot more connected to the baby after I found out he was a boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->