2019 Junebugs

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA. Took me a bit to catch up.

Brit & FosterMom - I'm SO SO SO sorry to hear this! Heartbroken for you both! :hugs:

I think I read 7 pages of conversation, so I'm trying to think of what else stuck out in my mind to comment on....

Previous births: Both of my kiddos were born vaginally with no pain meds. DD was about 5 hours of labor from the first AF like cramp to when she came out. And honestly, I think she would have been faster if I hadn't resisted pushing for so long... I wanted an epidural but got to the hospital at 9 cm (because my midwife kept telling me to stay home since she was my first). I was told I needed an entire bag of IV fluid to get an epidural, so I tried to wait... needless to say, it didn't work out. I finally told the midwife that I was resisting the urge to push. When she checked me, I was def 10+ cm & had to push. As for DS, he was a total of 52 minutes from start to finish. My waters were leaking so after a few failed attempts to start labor myself, they gave me a "whiff" (their words - the smallest dose possible) of Pitocin. 52 minutes later, he was out. (No pain meds - I felt like if I could make it through my daughter with no pain meds, I could do it again).

As for times, my DD was born on her due date. My DS was born 2.5 weeks early - and he was HUGE! (And no - I didn't have G.D. either!) He was almost 9 lbs!

Nausea has seriously taken over my life. It sucks. No vomiting, but unless my belly is FULL, I feel sick - even when I wake up in the middle of the night. And everything sounds yuck - until (like a few of you have said) suddenly something sounds right. The worst part is, I never know what will sound right, and when I have to pack a lunch in the morning and plan dinner for that evening, it's really rough...

I'm worried about this as my DH wants to wait until Thanksgiving to announce to anyone. I'll be 10 weeks then. With my DS I was noticeably fluffier by just 8 weeks (just looked fatter not preggo) and by 12 weeks I had to go buy maternity pants. I know they always say you show sooner with following pregnancies too. I don't think I can keep it from my mom that long. We're not telling our DS (a very wise for his age 3.5 yr old) until we take him to my 8 week appt.

I know what you mean! I feel super bloated already and feel like I look chunky, not necessarily bump yet. But we won’t be able to see our families until early November! Im going to a wedding next weekend and I’m worried my friends will figure it out before I tell my parents, AND I have book club tomorrow night and usually I have a glass of wine and I’m worried everyone is going to start asking questions if I’m not drinking.

We aren’t going to tell my Little One until we tell my family bc she 2.5yo and repeats everything we say and goes to preschool at our church , Hubby and I keep having to spell baby every time we talk

@Mark&Annie - I ended up with an early scan just because I got lucky. I asked my doc about the chances of an ectopic and if I'd know by now because I'd had some back pain. He caved and sent me to the next room for a scan since she was available. And the gender I'll find out early because I'm doing a non-invasive prenatal test (NIPT) which is a blood test at 10 weeks that tests for chromosomal abnormalities and gender.

@Mummy2Corban - I added a yellow stork to your name on the 1st post since you're team yellow. So very exciting! I wish I had the patience to wait! But at 6 weeks it's already driving me nuts not knowing!

@Briana0990 - yes, lots of cramping and bloating since I found out. Totally normal, happened with my 1st too. The uterus is growing! <3

@mkyerby16 - Me too! I can't wait to find out, I need to plan plan plan! And shop! :haha:

@BellaRosa8302 - I am seriously jealous of your labors!

AFM - after our scan and hearing the heartbeat we couldn't wait any longer, we told our 4-year-old son. He's so sweet, keeps asking when the baby is going to be here and I have to explain it's not until after his birthday next year because the baby has to grow big in mommy's belly. He told me that my belly is already getting bigger. :dohh: And he's very set on having a baby brother named Ben. I hate to break it to him but I'm kinda hoping he gets a sister and either way no one is getting named Ben. :haha: He just has all girl friends so he wants someone to love dinosaurs as much as he does. I'd be happy either way though. I just hope I don't regret telling him so early. I don't think I could tell him if something went wrong. Too bad I can't keep a secret!

I know what you mean! I feel super bloated already and feel like I look chunky, not necessarily bump yet. But we won’t be able to see our families until early November! Im going to a wedding next weekend and I’m worried my friends will figure it out before I tell my parents, AND I have book club tomorrow night and usually I have a glass of wine and I’m worried everyone is going to start asking questions if I’m not drinking.

We aren’t going to tell my Little One until we tell my family bc she 2.5yo and repeats everything we say and goes to preschool at our church , Hubby and I keep having to spell baby every time we talk

Tell ppl at book club your on a medicine.... antibiotic for a sinus infection or something and that's why you're not drinking :-k
I see my Mom weekly (she babysits my DS once or twice a week) sooo I know there's no way I'm gonna be able to hide it for long

Yeah I worried about taking my DS to our 8 week appt and something being wrong but we figured if all looks well we can be like look that's your little brother or sister and if something is wrong we won't say much in front of him and he won't know what's going on

@mkyerby16 - That's a smart idea, saying you're on antibiotics. Too bad I didn't think of it sooner! I totally gave it away when there wasn't a drink in my hand on the weekend!

I'm thinking we might take our kiddo to our 8-week scan too. I always see kids in the office with their parents so I'm guessing it's pretty common. I'd love to include him in that way!

Mrs. JJ - Don't be!!! I ended up with a hematoma with my daughter & had to go in for vaginal surgery after having the midwife botch my stitches! It was an AWFUL recovery!

My first scan & appointment are in 2 weeks! I'll be 8 weeks, 4 days. They generally schedule the first appointment between 8 & 9 weeks here.

We were totally going to be team yellow... but we're reconsidering. I'd say 60% team yellow, 40% knowing the gender... we'll probably get that early blood test at 10 weeks again (like we did for DS) and just have to decide soon whether we'll also find out gender through that as well. We waited til DD was born to find out she was a girl. It was amazing (and frustrating) and unfortunately, with my surgery after the fact, DH got to tell our parents (who were in the waiting room) that DD was a girl. I hated not being a part of that. They got to meet her while I was in surgery. :cry:

Ahh I’m going to google that test Mrs.JJ not heard of it!

I’ve been telling people I’m doing ‘sober for October’ but that’s only one month I’ll have to rethink in November!

Man there are some quick labors. I went 26 hours and then the next 24 hours. Passed out five minutes after the first was born i was so tired.
Ive been feeling nauseous all day! Yay
Where i live now when i went for all my appointments and scans for the miscarriage the front desk and nurses all volunteered to keep an eye on and sit with my boys. But unfortunately they were there in er for all that awfulness.

DD1 was born 41+2 after a 17 hour labour, being induced after starting off on my own and not progressing . Ended up with forceps! Had to stay overnight in hospital too.

DD2 was born 39+2 after 30 minutes of active labour, she just slid out! Contractions started around 6.30am . Waters broke all over DHs new shoes:haha: . Was back home later that night. Hoping baby follows DD2s lead !

@Mrs.JJ I was just scrolling through old threads and realised we were both in the ‘March Monkeys’ group too

@Mrs.JJ I was just scrolling through old threads and realised we were both in the ‘March Monkeys’ group too

Awwww really?? I wasn't too active in there, mostly stuck to my journal last time. That's so funny! Look at us, back together again! <3

@crusherwife44 - that's so sad your boys were in the ER for that. Must have been hard on you having to be concerned for yourself and baby and them. :sad1:

Thanks mrs jj. We don't have family around and my husband works far away. The worst was my 4 year old kept saying who killed the baby. Never again! Maybe that's why we have no interest in telling anyone at this point

That's heartbreaking!!! :cry: I don't blame you for not telling anyone. I'm hoping I don't regret it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->