2019 Junebugs

In 2 weeks time we are going away for a week with my mother-in-law.......I think we will definitely have to tell her just in case she hears me throwing up in the bathroom or pours me a glass of wine with dinner hahahaha

When I was pregnant with my daughter I had my 12 week scan just before Xmas, so I wrote all my Christmas cards love from “helen, luke and bump” the face on people when they read it was a picture

I too was thinking about a Christmas card announcement as our 12 week scan will be around the end of November. I’ve seen some really cute tie breaker announcements... seeing as I’ve 2 boys and 2 girls... and this is the final one?? Somehow get a Christmas theme??

So far it’s only me and DH that know. Because of previous losses we won’t tell the babies until the 12 week scan.

Loving the T-shirt ideas.

Wow! This is quite the big group of June mums! I will go back and read where I left off a few days ago.
AFM I’m 6 weeks 3 days today and we had our first dating scan yesterday. Everything matched up. And, heartbeat was 119 bpm Such a happy sight and sound. We are so excited!!!
Here’s our little bean’s first photo.
So in love

View attachment 1045462

Aww yay so glad all was well!

Shanlee,
We have already told our family. More because we had a 2nd trimester loss last year and our families have been hoping and praying we would conceive again soon and we really wanted them to know. I will be 12 weeks around thanksgiving. Thinking that will be a good time to announce. Will probably tell our older children first so they can be part of the announcement. Something about having more to be thankful for this year...I don’t know. Haven’t worked out the details. Maybe my other kids can help me! Lol I already have pregnancy brain

My hubby wants to do the same thing on Thanksgiving! He doesn't even want to tell our parents till then too though when everyone's all together. Like you said something about "this year we're thankful for..." It'll definitely be cute and I love the shock factor as no one has a clue we were ttc. Just not sure I can keep it from my parents & sister that long but would love to have a big surprise way to tell them not just like oh btw we're pregnant.

When I was pregnant with my daughter I had my 12 week scan just before Xmas, so I wrote all my Christmas cards love from “helen, luke and bump” the face on people when they read it was a picture

Aw. We did the same thing to tell my Mom with our DS except not Christmas, it was her birthday and I signed the card "...and baby". My DH thought she wouldn't even notice but she got to that part & her jaw dropped and she was like what?! And I told her that her other present would be coming in March. We recorded it and it was perfect <3 That's why I agree with DH that it'd be nice to tell on Thanksgiving and not just randomly tell my parents one day, but I really dont think I'll be able to hide it from my Mom till I'm 10 weeks.

Ugggh. Does anyone else have a fear of stomach viruses like me? If I hear the word stomach bug I go on an all out assault with the bleach and quarantine lol My DS is at my parent's house bc we're both working and my mom just told me my Dad came down with a stomach bug this morning. We're getting him back tomorrow morning and then Monday DH & I are supposed to be leaving for our anniversary getaway to the mountains and he'll be with my Mom again Monday-Wednesday. I'm so scared he'll get it and give it to us (my luck we'll be mid road trip in the middle of nowhere) or I know my Mom will prob get it. Ahhhh whyyy

Me MK !! Only have to hear another mum mention it , always spreads like wildfire too ! Hope you manage to avoid it !

Can anyone else not sleep already ?! What's with that ?!

Ugh I've clocked 5 hrs every night since last weekend. Being sick & preggo (did I mention I caught my DS's cold :roll:) I need more sleep dang it! But I either can't fall asleep, wake up in the middle of the night or my eyes just pop open after like 5hrs and I can't fall back asleep. Fitbit says I got 4hrs 50mins and I'm headed off to work for the night soon, can't breathe though my nose & have a sore throat... yayyy

Me too! I hate sickness bugs! If one of mine gets it I clean everything in the hope it doesn’t get passed around!

I think I topped my record last night with 6 trips to go for a wee!! Luckily I usually fall straight back to sleep but argh!!! So irritating.

I’m planning on telling as few people as possible, definitely keep it off Facebook etc. Then one day in June there’ll be a picture of the whole fam and that’ll be the first they know about it!

My mother in law was like ‘oh, okay then’ when we told her about our third, I think she might just be even more rude this time so not in any hurry to tell her!

6 trips, Christ that’s impressive!! When I was pregnant with my daughter I didn’t start wakingbunyil about 7/8weeks in the night for a wee but even then it was only once a night, 4am on the dot EVERY time. Strangely enough my waters broke at 4am too!

For the past 3 nights now I’ve woken at 4am for a wee.......

My concern is telling g people about baby no 5! I know some people will expect it but I know people will have there comments. Like I don’t care as such as it’s our life we support and pay for these children and do it pretty much on our own BUT I know all the comments we will receive about it!

I feel for you ladies.... I don’t wake for a wee as yet! But sleep is not good... but I’ve never been a good sleeper.

Have my viability scan today.... am scared!

Oh dang MK that’s terrible ! I struggle to fall asleep anyway since my girls were born! I usually don’t wake up though the night unless one of them wakes me or I need the toilet!

DD2 wasn’t feeling so good through the night and vomited !! Really hoping she’s better this morning and doesn’t vomit again after breakfast!

I think I topped my record last night with 6 trips to go for a wee!! Luckily I usually fall straight back to sleep but argh!!! So irritating.

I’m planning on telling as few people as possible, definitely keep it off Facebook etc. Then one day in June there’ll be a picture of the whole fam and that’ll be the first they know about it!

My mother in law was like ‘oh, okay then’ when we told her about our third, I think she might just be even more rude this time so not in any hurry to tell her!

Urgh sorry your MIL is rude !! I’m in no rush to tell that side of my family haha ! x

Last edited:
Oooh yay hope the scan goes well Mummy!

Babybump oh no hope she's better! That's the worst!

Omg my MIL is awful too. We were so excited to tell them about our DS bc he's the first grandchild on both sides. My mom was of course crying & super excited meanwhile we tell DH's parents and they're like "oh well it's about time" and quickly moved onto another subject. I was like really? We had been married 3yrs and I was 24 at the time.

Girl, yes! I can fall asleep basically standing up at this point but forget staying asleep! plus I’ve been having vivid nightmares about things I won’t even mention. Let’s just say I’ve been waiting on this bean for 5 years and I’m terrified something is gonna push me off of this cloud. Trying to remain optimistic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->