2019 Junebugs

I've missed so much this weekend! So many new faces! <3

@PrettyInInk42 - Welcome and congrats! I added your EDD to the 1st post. :flower:

@JuneBug2019 - Best name EVER! I added your name and EDD to the 1st post. Congrats and welcome! :flower:

@NoodleHelm - Please tell us more about your name... :haha: Welcome and congrats I've added you to our 1st post. :flower:

SO sorry, 2baby2

Sending you hugs

I know right?! I’ve downloaded the app and they give me a password at my booking in appointment. I actually copied my green notes before I had my little boy cos I knew they took them when you are in labour. Hopefully there’s a way to print a copy from the app, i’d Like to keep them like I have my others xxx sounds a bit sad I know!
I was gutted they “stole” my maternity notes when I had my daughter, I wanted to keep them too (maybe we’re the only weird ones!!) what is the app called? Is this just England actually? I’m in Wales, sometimes we’re behind the times, hahahahaha!

An app???? Is that a real thing? What’s wrong with good old pen and paper???

My sickness and nausea has been horrendous today..... I really struggle with the 1st trimester....

Hey noodle!

Baby bump I know it’s frustrating to wait... 12 weeks seems so far away. Would you pay for a scan or just go to the drs and ask?

Uk ladies has anyone made there booking in appointment?

Other ladies what’s your plan? We have a booking in, dating scan then around a 16 week appointment with the midwife x

I may try and push my luck and see what my GP says first ! We should be offered a scan earlier than 12 weeks anyway it’s a bit silly I think !

I’m waiting for my local maternity unit to give me a call back to arrange my booking appointment usually after 8 weeks, then a 12 week scan we are opting for the Down’s syndrome screening test too , then 16 week midwife appointment .

In my area they are still giving out hand held maternity notes ?

I was at the GP last week and seen a few ladies with them

I had my scan last Friday and everything looks good and same EDD as I calculated myself, June 3rd. :) I was very relieved to only have one baby in there. :) I have been worried about twins since my first draw had very high level of progesterone.
I will be getting the genetic test at 10 weeks since I'm over 35. I can't believe that is already scheduled for 11/7/18 so I will know the gender soon too!

The app is called maternity notes on App Store.

I get it but I liked carrying the little folder in with the green notes! Lol I am in England, maybe it’s just certain counties as I have moved counties since having my son xx

Gosh that app has terrible reviews!!! Can you refuse and demand good old fashioned paper?! Haha

Other ladies what’s your plan?

So, I've already made a prenatal appt with my Dr for Oct 23. I guess I'll be getting requisitions for blood work and a scan. Once I book them and everything's confirmed viable, then I guess it's be time to slowly start getting things ready. I also sent in an application to a local midwife clinic. Really hoping I can get in with them this time. If I end up with an OB again, I think I'm just gonna say F it and have the baby by myself at home. lol

Did anyone have gestational diabetes in their last pregnancy and have it again in their next pregnancy?

I had gd last time and hoping to not get it this time around.

Wow that app looks truly awful . I hope I don’t need to use it!

My main concern is what if you need to go to the maternity unit in an amergency and they cannot get the system to work ! Why does everything need to be computer based ! Don’t fix what’s not broken !

Gosh that app has terrible reviews!!! Can you refuse and demand good old fashioned paper?! Haha

I don’t think I can refuse but I am going to mention the bad reviews at my next appointment and tell them I would prefer paper notes. The reviews do say that it all relies on the mw updating the system so fingers crossed I get a mw who is good at admin!!

I also don’t get why they have to fill them out for me at an hour long appointment either. Last time I filled majority out myself before the appointment and then just had a 20/30 min appointment for booking in.

Which part of the country are you ladies in who have been given the online notes ? Wondering if it’s just certain places until it gets rolled out nationally ?. Im going to ask for paper notes so thanks for the heads up !

Sarah hope your midwife lets you switch back to paper! Should be optional really .

I’ve got my booking in appointment for 1 November not long to wait ! Will be exactly 7 weeks then .

Okay, USA native here.... I'm wondering what you ladies are going on about with the notes versus the app? Did you have to tote around your own medical records or something??

@BellaRosa8302 Usa here too and I was wondering the same thing...

AFM - I am home sick today. I work in an office with a lot of people and they were passing around some kind of bug and well I may have been the last one to get it but it got me finally :( UGH! The headache... I feel like I was hit by a brick. I did however get to sleep 11 hours so that was great but now I feel weird. LOL Hope everyone else is doing well!

Haha yes, in the uk you are given a set of notes that you take to every midwife appointment. This time I have been told they are going to be on an app.
I am in Lincolnshire babybump x

Yes , here in the UK you are given a folder with all your maternity notes in which you bring to all your appointments etc .

I’m in the North West, Sarah and not heard of this app until today !. It will annoy me so much if I have to use the app and the midwife isnt up on her tech lol .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->