• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2019 Junebugs

Ok phew so reassuring to here i'm not the only one with minimal symptoms. I'm only 6 weeks 1 day according to date but I think I ovulated really early so I may be closer to 7.

Also I know it's very early days but I've been looking into the idea of having a homebirth because I hate hospitals but as it's my first and I live in a small 1 bed flat, the OH isn't keen on the idea at all. He's like "but what if something happens and you or the baby die and i'm left on my own either with a baby and without you or vice versa or both". I'm just not hugely keen on the idea of giving birth in a Labour ward where I can hear other labouring women down the corridor as i'm a very anxious person and hearing others in pain isn't going to help.

I've also been considering having a 'homebirth' at my parents house for a number of reasons

- It's a 4 bed house, so way bigger than mine
- I could have an entire room with wooden flooring (mine is all carpet) with enough room for a pool to birth in
- parents could be there for support, however I'd only want my partner and midwife in with me when I start pushing.
- I'm comfortable and familiar with the house as I lived there for over 5 years
- it's detached so I don't have to worry about disturbing the neighbours as much
- it's not a hospital
- i could stay over at my mum's if needed or no matter what time she'd be willing to give me a lift back

I'm just not entirely sure if you can have a homebirth in a home that isn't yours. Guess I'll ask my midwife when I see her.

Sounds great @hollowcrown !
You can definitely have a HB with your first, it’s your birth and your choice! Home births are arguably safer and better for low risk births than hospital or birthing centres - you get a midwife or two to yourself (in hospital they disappear or swap shifts etc) if there were a problem it’s usually quicker to transport by ambulance than if you’re in hospital as you go straight to where you need to be! They deliver gases and all the medical equipment they might need incase of resuscitation so they’re there, you don’t need to worry!

@hollowcrown i would really recommend a homebirth. I had my fourth at home and plan to have this one at home too. It’s really not as messy as you think... when the midwives left you would have never known they were there or a birth took place. Once all was ok I had a bath and got straight into my own bed which was mega. I also found it very calm.

@Mummy2Corban
@Mark&Annie

Thank you guys. I just know I’d feel more comfortable, I’ll try and get him to come round to it. I’m kind of hoping we will have moved into a bigger place by then too so I can just give birth at mine and not have to worry too much about other people being around.

That’s awesome!! When I was pregnant with my three I was working at a vets as a nurse - I would sometimes sneak a peak! I found out all their sexes on my own lol! I might get a dopler that’s sounds fun!

Oh lord it’s definately hit ... I am so exhausted ! Sometimes I cannot keep my eyes open . I don’t remember being this tired early on with my girls just at the end !

How can I get through the day ! I am sleeping good at night and still waking up with stinging eyes in the morning and come late afternoon I’m ready for bed!

@Babybump87 I have some days were I am super tired and some where I am fine it is weird! I do not mind the tiredness. I usually have a hard time sleeping at night so passing out when my head hits the pillow for once in my life is great.

@Noodles22 welcome and congrats!

@Mark&Annie LUCKY! that would be awesome to have access to an ultrasound machine but I would probably want to use it often and that would not be good for baby. I already set myself up for an 11 week scan this Thursday and then my gender scan is set for 11/27. I got this doppler off of Groupon it was 100 bucks but I got it for 39 dollars and free shipping. I am glad it is working already this early :)

Wow yeah I defiantly think this pregnancy will take its toll on me ! I keep running to the bathroom to gag not cool lol I’d rather just be sick !

Hoping that’s usually me takes ages to fall asleep! I slept last night from 8pm until 7am luckily my girls are good sleepers haha . I hope it passes soon

I’ve just found out my sister is pregnant too ! Due early July . I am so happy for her . This will be her first baby after a MC in May at 10 weeks . Hope this pregnancy goes well for her .

Ladies in our family seem to fall pregnant around the same time huh ..

@Babybump87 That does not sound fun!! Gagging yuck. I feel the all day nausea or my stomach burns all day. I only had the gagging when I was sick with a cold. Sorry that sucks! CONGRATS to your sis!

Thanks Hoping !

It’s awful I am just gagging at every smell haha! Thought I would get away with it like I did with DD1 I’m thinking this time round will be the worst.

That doesn’t sound fun having a burning stomach! Hope that passes soon for you

I seem to have ‘popped’ yesterday and today :/ I can actually feel the top of my uterus if I press down into my pelvis, bloody thing is pushing everything else up and I look pregnant! At least it’s winter and I can wear big jumpers and baggy clothes. Gonna need more than one pair of leggings though, I don’t think I’m going back to jeans now :’(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->