• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2019 Junebugs

So frustrating! Specially when you have something in mind. This munchkin will be sharing with my littlest until we either decide to extend or move (don’t really want to move if we also have this baby at home too) so all this bubs will have is a crib in our room until about 6 months.

Yes bump here will be in with us for the first few months, so in THEORY we could wait to see what flavour it is and then decorate/furnish accordingly, but as with my daughter I’d like to have the nursery prepared as I did all the night feeds/changes in the nursery so I could see what I was doing and not wake up OH. So at minimum I would need curtains :wacko:

@Babybump87 does your boys name go with your girls? My girls are both I’s and my boys both C’s not totally intentional though.... so people are kinda expecting us to choose a I or a C. I dunno?!

I’ve never actually thought about it going with the girls names since it’s been set in stone for many years now lol . Our boys name is James. I can’t even begin to think about boys names anyway as if baby is a boy he will be named after DH , his grandad and great grandads long line of James’s !

Oh that’s so annoying ! I remember hunting ages for a pair of curtain for the girls room that were fully lined , pink and pencil pleated ! Literally looked for months and still found nothing ! Ended up with eye let curtains which we are going to replace soon! What about a cream set or curtains something nuteral until baby is born ?.

Baby will be in with me when born for the first few months . The girls are going into a room together and then depending on sex of this baby all 3 girls in the room together or girls in same room and boy has his own room!

James is a lovely name. Do you have a middle name for James?

We have four bedrooms. So me and DH, my oldest boy, the 2 girls and then the youngest boy has his room. So if this is a boy then the 2 youngest boys will share. If it’s a girl we may extend again in a few years but we will see. I love our house so don’t really want to move... and moving costs so much!!!!!

Thanks Mummy ! His middle name will be Thomas.

We have a 3 bedroom house only moved here 4 years ago and we love it . We do have the option to add an extension which is a future project for when I go back to work etc but I think we will be ok with the 2 rooms for the children as one is quite big ! We are currently in the process of moving the girls to the bigger room with bunk beds as DD2 has been in with me since she was born .. my bad ha!

We extended last year to get an extra bedroom and another living space so I do think that we have enough room for everyone..... I think we could extend out the front for extra space but I guess time will tell if we will need too. Exciting times.

James Thomas is lovely. What are your girls names?

We have to move by time baby comes, preferably very soon. We haven't made any progress so far so I'm praying it all magically comes together soon [-o<

We extended last year to get an extra bedroom and another living space so I do think that we have enough room for everyone..... I think we could extend out the front for extra space but I guess time will tell if we will need too. Exciting times.

James Thomas is lovely. What are your girls names?

I think sometimes you just seem to find the space somehow. Bit of Tetris haha .

Last edited:
We have to move by time baby comes, preferably very soon. We haven't made any progress so far so I'm praying it all magically comes together soon [-o<

Good luck with the house hunting . I was pregnant with DD2 when we moved . Was stressful as I wanted to do loads but obviously couldn’t lift ! It will come together when you least expect it !

Good luck with the house hunting . I was pregnant with DD2 when we moved . Was stressful as I wanted to do loads but obviously couldn’t lift ! It will come together when you least expect it !

Thanks. We waited to ttc #2 bc we knew we wanted to move first and I didn't want to deal with all of that (selling/buying/moving) while preggo, but our DS1 will be 4 in March and we didn't want them any further apart so we decided to just go for it and pray it all works out. Unfortunately there's just not much on the market right now to pick from so we haven't seen much that fits our needs (and price range!) but we also have a few house projects to do here before we can put our current home on the market and DH has been dragging his feet on getting them done. I was hoping me being pregnant would light a fire under him to get it done! I'm reallllly hoping it's all done by the end of the month.... but I've been saying that for over a year ](*,)

Thanks. We waited to ttc #2 bc we knew we wanted to move first and I didn't want to deal with all of that (selling/buying/moving) while preggo, but our DS1 will be 4 in March and we didn't want them any further apart so we decided to just go for it and pray it all works out. Unfortunately there's just not much on the market right now to pick from so we haven't seen much that fits our needs (and price range!) but we also have a few house projects to do here before we can put our current home on the market and DH has been dragging his feet on getting them done. I was hoping me being pregnant would light a fire under him to get it done! I'm reallllly hoping it's all done by the end of the month.... but I've been saying that for over a year ](*,)

It’s so frustrating when there’s nothing on the market. We were lucky with our house . Just seen it on the off chance and first to view and put an offer in . Was on the market less than a week before it was sold subject to contract ! This was after we had two failed surveys on two other properties ! So third time lucky for us!

Hopefully everything will work out either in time or just after baby is born. Oh god it’s so annoying waiting for other people to move there arses lol . Good luck in your house hunting!

Good luck with the house hunting, Mk! We just bought a house. Should be moving in early February. Things move quickly once you get an accepted offer; I totally believe you can be settled in and happy before baby comes. Idk if you’re a first time homebuyer like me, but I gotta say I’m impressed with how fast things move with it. If DH doesn’t finish stuff, maybe let it go and just ask less of the buyer? A lot of people are willing to put work in if they score a great deal!

Jules - I spoke to my midwife about back sleeping/when I need to switch to side sleeping. I am a back sleeper & despite trying to sleep on my side, keep waking up on my back. She said it's a bit early to NEED to switch to side sleeping. She said I will be uncomfortable on my back (short of breath, etc) which will tell me that it is time to start side sleeping. As for waking up on my back, she said no worries about that. Just switch to side again. Another option, if you are a back sleeper too, is to put a pillow under one side of your back, to slightly incline your position. That is all you need to allow back sleeping. Hope that helps!

As for names... we have chosen Lucas for our boy name.... not sure about middle name yet. Girl names are a bit harder... we are down to Ava Rose or Emma Rose.... but not even 100% on those. (And I may still have to talk DH into the middle name "Rose" :haha: but I love it & can usually convince him!) Our DD's name is Madelyn Grace and our DS's name is Jacob Henrik.

As for nursery, my DD had a butterfly themed room. My DS has a Neverland themed room :cloud9: Baby will end up in our bedroom for at least the first 6 months (till SIDS risk goes down and for breastfeeding convenience). So we're not necessarily in a hurry to set up the nursery, and DS can stay in there a bit longer. We are starting to work on his "big boy room" to get him out of there though. I don't want him to feel like he's being pushed out or replaced with the new little one. Really depends on how quickly my DH can get the new room painted, popcorn ceiling scraped, and how quickly I can decorate for my son. He's really into trucks and trains right now, so I'll probably go with some sort of transportation theme. <3

Bella - thanks! I will have to try the pillow behind the back. I'm not getting short of breath or anything yet, so that makes me feel better. Side note, my youngest is Madelyn Grace. :cool:

Jules - awwwww! Beautiful name (of course!) :haha: How old is your Madelyn? We've called ours "Maddy Grace" forever :cloud9: She'll be 6 on May 7th! <3 Time seriously flies!

She is 4 1/2. We call her Maddy Grace sometimes, too. And yes it does!

I mostly sleep on my left side. But yes your midwife is so right about breathing getting difficult when sleeping on your back! Another joy of being heavily pregnant!!!!

Lots of lovely names! I just want my scan out of the way so I feel comfortable enough to start properly thinking about it!

Just wondering if yall would consider these Braxton Hicks? My bump will get super tight and hard for a few minutes then relax. I never had them with my first pregnancy and they don't hurt, they're just a little uncomfortable and usually happen in the morning.

Those are lovely names ladies ! DD1s middle name is Rose and DD2s is Grace !

We are totally stuck on a girls names I sorta like Isabella but not sold on it lol. .DH likes Sophia but my friends little girl is called Sophia , even though she doesn’t care if we name baby same, so that’s not an issue!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->