• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2019 Junebugs

@BellaRosa8302 Do not let them laugh at you. IV'S are uncomfortable especially if they try to put it in your hand which I hate! If I had a 52 minute labor I would love that and yes no time for meds so that would be great!

Wow ladies! Those are some stories! Amazing how everyone labours so differently and how every baby does it’s own thing meaning you have no clue how it’s gonna go.

When I stayed in with my first I was on a ward with lots of other ladies and babies. The day after I delivered I got up for a wash (because I hadn’t had to move all night because I had a catheter) the blood pooled so when I get up I flooded.... I was covered in blood, carrying a bag of piss only to have someone’s husband/ boyfriend say.... bet you didn’t think it would be this bad! Haha! Lovely!

Oh wow all these birth stories amazing! Us women are so strong and powerful !

DD1 stayed overnight on a ward with other ladies and their babies . I absolutely hated it . Was in a lot of pain after stitches/tear and felt very vulnerable without DH or anyone else there! Especially as it was my first baby too!

DD2 we stayed in the same room and was allowed home later that evening !

Wow ladies! Those are some stories! Amazing how everyone labours so differently and how every baby does it’s own thing meaning you have no clue how it’s gonna go.

When I stayed in with my first I was on a ward with lots of other ladies and babies. The day after I delivered I got up for a wash (because I hadn’t had to move all night because I had a catheter) the blood pooled so when I get up I flooded.... I was covered in blood, carrying a bag of piss only to have someone’s husband/ boyfriend say.... bet you didn’t think it would be this bad! Haha! Lovely!

Oh no that sounds awful . I would have cried!

My 7 year old was 15 days late. Was induced and labour lasted 8 hours with failed epidural :(

My 4 year old was 4 weeks early. Water burst on my husband (funny story) was Indced the next day but it failed. After 59 hours without waters, and contractions every 2 mins with no dilation I was rushed for emergency c section.

Right so baby number 3 I've just started feeling proper movement and kicks. Both my boys were very lazy but still did enough movement in a day for me to be happy. At scans I had to be sent out to drink fizzy pop to get them moving to get measurements, my 2nd son was that lazy the midwife said she had never seen such a chilled baby (his bum was against my uterus wall, legs ups and crossed with his thumb in) we called him marley (bob marley)
Now this one, 12 weeks scan they couldn't get measurements and he/she kept flipping and moving so much, now the moments are so prominent I've never felt movement like this before, for the past hour I've been sat watching tv and it's taking my breath away. Hubby is laughing at me.

Oh I also had an episompty with my 1st and tore, had a 3rd degree year. Which I opened back up after 2 weeks cos I did too much :( my own fault really, my midwife told me to see in the bath/shower at the end as it was excruating :(

I'm.terrible though I can't relax. I re opened my csecrion scar cos doing too much. I can't relax

SO interesting to hear how delivery is different for everyone. Here where I am in USA we get a private "Suite" as they call it. Has a pull out bed/couch for OH and the room has a shower in it. It is kind of like a hotel room with medical stuff lol. I would not LIKE being in a room with other women and their newborns/husbands/guests lol

I been reading that some ladies are allowed to go home like several hours after having the baby in some areas too but my hospital always keeps me for like 24 hours at least and I sure wish they would let me go home!

yay @emzeebob for getting to feel bub!! It is an amazing thing and my favorite part of pregnancy until they start to kick hard haha!

If all is well we can be discharged within 4 hours. On delivery suite or midwife led you get your own shower/toilet but once put on the ward you share showers/toilets. Maybe 6-8 beds on a ward?? I can’t remember! That another reason I’m down with another home birth.... no wards!!!!

@emzeebob do you think this bubba could be a pink one???

I love hearing/reading labour stories! Ladies we are amazing! Not only do we grow these babies we birth them! However that happens is amazing!

Ohhhh I see we stay in the same room. Delivery suite is our recovery suite as well.

*Edit to say - if Vaginal lol

I have a scar too from DD1 had to have stitches inside and out ! Was terrified that I spilt it with DD2 asked the midwife about 10 times haha . No issues at all with DD2 no stitches, tearing nothing ! Hoping for the same this time !

7580177D-9889-4077-ABE6-A208951D88C0.jpeg Hey ladies!

My scan went great thank you! Baby looked great even though it wasn’t playing ball... they got all they needed though. My placenta is anterior.... and baby kept stuffing it’s face into it so took a while to get a profile picture!!!

How’s everyone?

@Babybump87 my midwife when I delivered my second said that old scars can be brittle so tend to open again. I had internal stitches 2nd time round. I can still see my scars from my first... goes so very close to my bum! Eek!!!

How’s everyone?

@Babybump87 my midwife when I delivered my second said that old scars can be brittle so tend to open again. I had internal stitches 2nd time round. I can still see my scars from my first... goes so very close to my bum! Eek!!!

That’s my only worry now if any scars re open ! Not much can do about it anyway ! I am still struggling with my ears apart from that pregnancy is going great . No issues so far thank god ! 2 weeks for my anatomy scan ! Just wondering how we will revel to the girls and DH parents. I don’t wanna just do the telling want to make it more exciting for them ! DD1 is already excited and keep asking me questions . DD2 is still a little young but keeps saying about the baby in mummy’s tummy !

Thank you!

@Babybump87 is there something you could do that the girls reveal in front of grand parents????

I was thinking along those lines but not sure what to do ! Time for a Google/Pinterest .
I may just go with a balloon simple and easy . Plus I will be able to do it on the way home from the scan !

Last edited:
I’ve watched some of the gender reveals! So cute! Do you mean popping a balloon? How exciting xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->