2019 Junebugs

No I refused a scan, said it would make no difference to my plans. I’ve birthed three babies with no intervention, it’s head size that matters not weight and giant heads are not a family trait, my kids are tall as their dad is tall so they are long babies!

They are saying this baby has a head on the 97th centile?! My bump is the 30th centile but baby 95th I think it was. Argh!!!!

Mummy - I hope you get your home birth after all! How frustrating!

I still don't understand the dates thing. Does it make labor come sooner, or labor to be faster?

So had a headache since Sunday no painkiller working and woke up this morning with a swollen face and blurred vision, been checked by midwife and my blood pressure was over 150/90 or something,

So been admitted to hospital for steroids and blood pressure monitoring woth a review in the morning to see if I'm going to be induced

Aw emzee let us know. Glad you got in right away.
Dates are supposed to soften stuff up in there and possibly speed up part of labor? There was a study. Now i can't remember it all. But the women that ate the 6 dates a day the last 4 weeks were dilated farther when admitted to the hospital than the others.

Oh man. I need to buy some dates. I wonder if I can eat six without it bothering my blood sugar much?

Hey Ladies. I am in hospital. Just getting things going really. Had cytotech orally about an hour ago. Getting the regular braxton hicks like contractions back to back but that has been happening for like 2 weeks. I am 50% effaced and 1 cm dilated before any meds given. Hubby and I are just watching a movie and chilling. I have a wonderful view of the ocean from my room. @BellaRosa8302 congrats!!! So precious!

Oh how wonderful! Where do you live that you can see the ocean?

Good luck today!

Blood pressure is now 172/90 U sure what that means, but one of my feet has tripled in size, no idea what's going to happen waiting on dr

Jules I'm sorry i am terrible with keeping up. Do you have the diabetes? Not recommended if you do.
Oh emzee thanks for keeping us updated. Hope they tell you What's up soon!

Emzee - I can't imagine why they are waiting. That sounds dangerous!

@Hoping4numbr3 - Good luck!! Love that you have an ocean view, I'm hoping for one too!

@emzeebob - You poor momma, you've had such a rough time this pregnancy. Thinking of you!

Regarding dates, below is one of the articles I came across. I'll do just about anything to shorten labor after the last marathon. So I'm eating 3 medjool dates (they're large so you only need 3) a day. They're super tasty with a little peanut butter.

https://www.mamanatural.com/dates-during-pregnancy/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->