2021 GD support thread.

:hugs:

Sounds like a rough day! Is there any reason you’ve put a time limit on TTC? I can totally understand how that thought path is going to be setting off those GD feelings for you. Everything feels worse during AF as well!

Theres a few reasons, mostly things like age gaps, our ages (dh is already 52) and our history of long term ttc, I just don't think I could go through that again. Watching people get pregnant, give birth, then get pregnant again and give birth again all while I break my heart month after month.

I totally get that! I definitely couldn’t go back into active TTC again, it’s just so exhausting and soul destroying. I’m not sure I’ll ever stop having that gut wrenching feeling when someone I know announces a pregnancy though. I hate that it’s my immediate response but it’s so engrained now. Long term TTC really does a number on you doesn’t it? :cry:

Definitely. I remember not long after I got pregnant last time a friend announced she was pregnant and I still felt that, even though I was pregnant. It felt ridiculous but it just becomes part of you, doesn't it?

It really does! I’m sorry you’re dealing with it too but it is good to talk to someone who gets it! I’ve started getting that feeling more when people have girls and I think it’s just an extension of that automatic reaction.

Argh! So someone I know is pregnant with her third baby. She has a 1 year old and a 2 year old and now she’s just found out she’s having a girl. I’m so envious of how easily she gets pregnant and that she’s having her second girl. I feel awful for feeling this way but needed a little rant somewhere where I know people will understand.
Trying to shake it off!

Hugs. One of my best friends when I was ttc ds5 (we are a group of 3 rather than 2 :haha: ) broke the news she was pregnant by surprise. Me and our other best friend were both years in to ttc so that hurt enough, but then she had a girl after 2 boys. I found out I was pregnant literally a week after her daughter was born. Sometimes it still stings when she shares pictures of her in her little dresses, and she's almost 2. She put all her clothes aside for me as well when I got pregnant so there was this whole parcel of girls clothes waiting to come to me and had to be given to someone else.
It is so hard at times not to be bitter about the ease at which some people fall pregnant and some get girls.

I hope it’s okay to Join. Last baby expected august and I’m really really worried it’s another :blue:. Ultimately healthy is what I want. I had a scan with consultant yesterday and when trying to get the baby’s position the trainee ended up showing me what looked like a potty shot. It was seconds. I seen the two legs and then either the bum or in between.

It’s got me upset because I didn’t see anything in between the legs suggesting to me :pink: which I’m desperate for but now I’m like what if I just think I seen and it’s a boy because it was so quick/not the right angle etc and I’m pretty upset that now I believe I’ve seen a girl :(

Hey Bittersweet, welcome. Fingers crossed it was just too quick to tell. Even scan techs need to get a proper look to be sure. I hope this baby is your girl, we'll be here for you if not.

@motherofboys :hugs: I totally get that feeling, it must be so hard on you! I’m sorry you have it too but selfishly, I’m glad I can speak to someone who gets it all!

@Bittersweet congrats on your pregnancy! Those scans can be an absolute minefield can’t they? Are you planning to find out the sex? Hope you get your girl!

So, my niece told me today that she and her husband have been discussing baby number 2.
Her last baby I had been ttc 2 years when she announced she was pregnant not long after they started trying. I didnt get pregnant for another 18 months. I'm already stressing about the fact that I might not even fall pregnant again, and now convinced she'll fall pregnant before me AGAIN, and then she says "I wonder what I'd have this time" and I just know she'll have a girl so she has the perfect pair, she's one of those people who always gets her way.
I alway think I'm fine GD wise and then something like this will happen, or I'll realise we are running out of time, and suddenly it hits me.

:hugs:
That sounds really hard! There are definitely some people who seem to always have things go their way and it can be almost impossible not to get those pangs of jealousy as it’s just so unfair!

Hi ladies I’m going to step away as it looks like we are actually team :pink:

Scan lady thought boy so did I as a front view showed something. Also at times looked like a Willy

however when she focussed there were three lines. Obviously not 100%

Hi ladies I’m going to step away as it looks like we are actually team :pink:

Scan lady thought boy so did I as a front view showed something. Also at times looked like a Willy

however when she focussed there were three lines. Obviously not 100%

That’s so exciting, congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"