22 Months of TTC - Can I join you all??

gingerroxi

Waiting for IVF-4 YEARS!!
Reaction score
:hi:

I thought I would come over to the LTTTC section. I fear this is going to be a long post so if you read this then get comfy:coffee:

I've been TTC for 22 months now and have just officially been put on my area's IVF waiting list - mainly because the nurse dropped me a bombshell on the phone: the waiting list is 4 YEARS :cry: The nurse figures that she'll see me in a year, then give me 6 months of clomid and then if still no baby then when the IVF team sees me I've been on the list for 18 months.

I currently fit in to the "unexplained" category and I think that's almost worse. I've been praying that there was something wrong with my tubes or anything because that would have explained why after almost 2 years we're still not pregnant and at least it could have been something that could get fixed. Don't get me wrong. I'm glad I'm fine but that doesn't help me feel better - If I'm so fine, why can't I get pregnant??

The fertility nurse keeps going on about my weight. I'm not the slimmest gal in the world but I have recently lost 2 stone (28lbs). All the nurse can say to me is you need to lose another 2 stone if you want to get IVF. I'll do what I have to but I've seen other women in my family that are massively heavier than me and they all have at least 2 kids. How is that fair?? :shrug: I think that because I don't smoke, drink and have nothing physically wrong with me, my weight is all that the nurse can pick on:growlmad:

So all I can do now is play the EXTREMELY LONG waiting game and hope that one day it'll happen. My OH and I have pretty much given up trying because we feel that there's little chance that we're going to get pregnant.

How do you cope with this?

One day at a time. Just keep trying. We have unexplained infertility, not knowing what's wrong is really hard because you want to know what's wrong so it can be put right, or at least you can move towards putting it right.

Tbh, it's not likely to be your weight. My weight is fine. I'm average weight, a size 10/12... and I'm still not pregnant.

Our FS won't help us for another year either at which time she will put us on Clomid so in the meantime I'm trying soy. It's suppose to help. This is my first month.

First of all :hugs: I'm sorry you have such a long waiting list, that's ridiculous! I don't even know how to express my outrage, 4 years is beyond awful to be waiting and suffering in the meantime!

As for the weightloss, as you can see from my ticker, I know something of that myself, though me and the dh are not in treatment yet. If you want to read about what little I've been researching regarding weight and fertility, have a look at my journal, won't write it here. Losing weight is a good thing, and you've done an amazing job to lose so much already! I wish the nurses and doctors would realize what an accomplishment that is, and focus more on that, rather than going on about how much more you need to lose. :growlmad:

Anyway, welcome, I know none of us want to be on the ltttc section, but the support here is great!

Oh and forgot to say, you're very welcome to join us in the Bellys to Bumps thread, there's a bunch of us there losing weight to get our bfps, whether waiting for treatment or just trying to lose it before they tell us to!

We're in unexplained infertility waters right now too... I try to draw hope from the people I know who went on to conceive when their bodies finally were ready for a baby. :hug:

I know everyone gets on America's case for health care, but I have never heard of a four year wait over here. Oh, my. Hang in there! :flower:

It's because you are in Sterling, I am about 20 miles away from you our waiting list is 3 years, A joke completely,,,,I am currently waiting on my doctors refferal to FS, Its been 2 years for me and the docs don't seem to care, Was it a FS which put u forward for IVF? Or GP?
I hope clomid works for u,,

Hey babypink2010

I was referred to FS by GP after about 9 months because they thought I had polycysitc ovaries (which it now seems that I don't ??) and I've been under the FS in Falkirk for almost a year. It was the FS that has now referred me for IVF - I think early because the list is soooooooooooooooo long.

Hope you get reffered soon.

i just wanted to say welcome. i understand what u mean about unexplained. at least if u knew the problem u would have something to focus on to out right. i really hope the clomid works for u and u dont need to wait for the ivf. the 2ww is bad enough!! 6 mths of clomid is really good tho. baby dust to u.

4 years!!!!!!!!!!! That is ridiculous. :dohh: For some reason I thought Scotland was much better for all that than England... :nope:

I'm sorry you are having to wait that long but I hope it doesn't come to that.

I understand on the weight side of it. I know its not my weight but the nhs love their damn bmi charts. :rofl: I lost 60lbs for my wedding last year and started my ttc journal as a size 12 so I had a bmi the nhs would have been happy with. With all the stress and disappointments I have ended up being referred to the fs as a size 18/20 so now my bmi is too high. :dohh:

Good luck with the weight and good luck with the bfp. Hopefully you don;t end up needing the hospitals help and you can tell them to screw their 4 year waiting list. x

Thank you all for your encouraging words.

I'm just hoping that now I've convinced myself that there will be no babies for 4 years that the pressure will be off and we may have a wee happy accident (FX!!).

Heading out this weekend for a proper booze up - the first time in almost a year as I'm always too paranoid in case I'm pregnant and harm the baby. So bugger it. A good blow out and then back to losing that 2 stone to keep those nasty FS nurses off my back!

Baby dust to all of you and fingers crossed that we'll get our miracles sooner rather than later!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->