24 and pregnant... People assume its an "accident"

MrsClark24

Reaction score
I've been with my husband for 2 years, and we have talked about babies right from the word go. We both wanted them desperately, so two years in we decided it was time! So I finished my last pill packet, and my first day of not taking the pill my hubby was asking 'Do you feel fertile yet?' :) bless him.

I hadn't been off the pill for even a month before I fell pregnant. I was expecting a 6 month + wait, and literally 3 weeks later I got the faint cross hairs on the test.

What I'm getting at is that our baby was very very much planned. Yet so many people assume that because I'm 24 that the pregnancy was an accident that we are keeping.

Does anyone else get this? I know I shouldn't but I get a little offended, I'm like "No this baby was planned thank you!" I've had a couple of nurses and work colleague say it to me. Anyone else had any experience of this?

with my first i was 24 and when i told work awll my bosses asked if it was planned, i found it so offensive! i made a honeymoon baby and people were making me feel like it had to be a mistake! nutters! all my collegues knew i wanted a baby tho. i cant believe people feel that they can actually ask the question, even if a baby isnt planned, then once u r telling people its obviously wanted so who cares anyway! i havent been asked this time tho :)- i am also a mrsclark!

Really? I didn't realise people thought that 24 was necessarily young for having a baby. I was 21 when I had my first and nobody really assumed anything I don't think.

wow, my ex-husband and I planned getting pregnant with our now beautiful daughter, when we were 18 (I was 19 when I had her). And she was very planned. I've had some oops with my ex-husband while we were married after that, and a few oops with my boyfriend of 2 years, sadly they all ended up in heaven long before they were due to be born. This bean was NTNP, so we were expecting him/her eventually. 24 is just a fine age to have a baby, congrats :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->