24 weekers - Weight gain

eeyorebaby22

Reaction score
Hello 24 week-er Mummy's!

My gorgeous boy was born at 24+3 and he is now 5 months old.
He hasn't been gaining weight as quickly as my community nurse would like - he is only 6lb 3oz (was 1lb 11oz at birth)
She cant give me a idea of what his weigh should be but in his red book weight chart he was flowing nicely along the 0.4th line but has had a big dip and is closer to the -4SD.....

Just wondering really what your baby's weights were at 5 months and if i should be worried. All his other measurements are perfect. We are waiting for a appointment with the dietitian to possibly put him on a different formula. He is currently on breast milk and NP2

Thanks for reading xx

Hi Hun. No advice as I didn't have a 24 weeker. But my son was premature and gained weight v slowly, just about tracking 0.4 adjusted.

He was on Bm and np2 and was switched to infatrini at 4 months. At 10 months he was given maxijul powder for me to add in to the infatrini.

Sounds like you need to see a dietician soon to get some more calorific food prescribed.

I put double cream and olive oil in all my sons food now, for extra calories.

hey hun im same as pp. not a preemie but my eldest followed the 0.4th line nicely until going up recently. he only managed this by being put on nutricia infatrini until he was 1 year old

does baby have reflux at all? if not it could just be failure to thrive (my eldest had both). sounds like your lil one would do well on the doublr calorie milk though xx

Hi Ladies,

Thank you for your replies.

Not long after I asked this question he got put on a high calorie milk called Similac. He is now 7 months and still a little under weight but the milk has really helped and hes starting to fatten up nicely now. We are weaning too so hopefully he will be back on the blue line before we know it!

Thanks again xx

thats fantastic hun. I hope hes up on those blue centiles soon. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"