<25 BFPs!! 12 births!! Welcome to the world turtle babies!>

First thoughts abt a birth plan, written in pencil for amendments!

OH to be with me. No students to "do" anything but they can observe. No men unless it's an anaesthetist or the consultant is male and he's needed etc.

Active as much as I can manage - walking and gym ball. Don't think I'll fancy anything to do with water.

EPIDURAL!! Do NOT leave me too long unchecked. I do NOT want to be told that it's too late for an epidural.

Need to research delayed clamping. Baby to be delivered onto a towel on my chest. OH to cut cord. Breast feeding as soon as initial shock has worn off

OMG do I have to write a birth plan too? In French? Such things didn't exist in the days when I had Holly, or at least I didn't know about them! My birth plan looks like this at the moment:

Birth Plan

1) Go to hospital

2) Come out of hospital with a baby (my baby, not a random one :haha:)
:haha:

I wasnt going to write one, knowing that's there's so many variables that can change but then because I have a couple of specific wishes: no men and I MUST HAVE AN EPIDURAL I thought it might be best to fill it in. The rest is just thinking "out loud/on paper"

Have read up about delayed clamping and think I will ask for it. Now need to look up the vitamin k injection for bebe and the injection to deliver the placenta

OH to be with me. No students to "do" anything but they can observe. No men unless it's an anaesthetist or the consultant is male and he's needed etc.

Active as much as I can manage - walking and gym ball. Don't think I'll fancy anything to do with water. Then:

EPIDURAL!! Do NOT leave me too long unchecked. I do NOT want to be told that it's too late for an epidural.

Need to research delayed clamping. Baby to be delivered onto a towel on my chest. OH to cut cord. Breast feeding as soon as initial shock has worn off

Looking good :thumbup:

One word of advice (if you want it :blush:)..don't pin everything on this..in fact try to anticipate at least having to be flexible. I had a lovely birth plan and it just took one thing to knock the whole thing on the head...I wasn't prepared for that.

Active as much as I can manage - walking and gym ball. Don't think I'll fancy anything to do with water. Then:

Looking good :thumbup:

One word of advice (if you want it :blush:)..don't pin everything on this..in fact try to anticipate at least having to be flexible. I had a lovely birth plan and it just took one thing to knock the whole thing on the head...I wasn't prepared for that.

Oh yeah totally. This is my IDEAL scenario which I know is very unlikely to happen. It might be that everything is looked at as isolated wishes and only one of those happens etc. I know from OBEM and my turtle doves that it never goEs quite to plan!

TBH alls I care about is I get an epi and she's born lovely and healthy and not unfortunate looking ;-)

Sarah, i don't think you'll need anything to deliver the placenta - it comes really pretty easy in almost all cases, I think. :thumbup:

And good for you with the delayed cord clamping. i wanted that :cry:

We initially refused the vit k and the eye goop and whatnot - but they did it anyway :shrug: At least they asked us before they gave him the Hep B shot. We had to refuse that almost every day that he was in the NICU. :haha:

Just caught up, what is the deal with the delayed clamping? Am I being ignorant?
Are you all OK?x

James has found out how to pull the baby wipes out already! god help me lol

do you think Angels too young for the birds and the bees?

Not in this day and age. My mum answered my questions very frankly even younger than Angel.

i was just thinking about it recently, because although she knows that i get AF etc but she didnt realise she would get them, her response was im not getting a period, i said she was and she just said 'are you serious,i dont want children' :haha: shes also shocked that she will get boobs even though shes not having babies to feed lol

Not in this day and age. My mum answered my questions very frankly even younger than Angel.

i was just thinking about it recently, because although she knows that i get AF etc but she didnt realise she would get them, her response was im not getting a period, i said she was and she just said 'are you serious,i dont want children' :haha: shes also shocked that she will get boobs even though shes not having babies to feed lol

:haha: Bless her.

My friend's little sister asked her mum when she was about 9 if she needed to take her pants off when she had a baby..when her mum said yes, she said she wouldn't bother having any then :rofl:

I wasnt going to write one, knowing that's there's so many variables that can change but then because I have a couple of specific wishes: no men and I MUST HAVE AN EPIDURAL I thought it might be best to fill it in. The rest is just thinking "out loud/on paper"

Have read up about delayed clamping and think I will ask for it. Now need to look up the vitamin k injection for bebe and the injection to deliver the placenta

I had to give Holly vitamin K once a week for ages. I'd forgotten about that. And her vitamin D

We wanted delayed cord clamping too but didn't get it. I think your birth plan sounds good Sarah. you know the things which are most important to you, but you're flexible on the details.

My friend's little sister asked her mum when she was about 9 if she needed to take her pants off when she had a baby..when her mum said yes, she said she wouldn't bother having any then :rofl:

I'm not taking mine off this time, I'm just going to pull them to one side while Henry slips swiftly and painlessly out :haha:

Angel knows how babies get out just not get in lol, for years i was able to tell her that she came out of my tummy scar to prove it lol, she came home from school and said 'did Faye come out of your tummy or your you know noony' i just stared at her in disbelief'

I'm not taking mine off this time, I'm just going to pull them to one side while Henry slips swiftly and painlessly out :haha:

i definitely want to live on your planet lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"