<25 BFPs!! 12 births!! Welcome to the world turtle babies!>

I want to get lyra a charm bracelet for her christening, with the idea that I'll buy her a charm for each birthday/significant event in her life and then give the bracelet to her when she's older. I'm not sure whether to go for a well known brand like Thomas Sabo or hot diamonds, or just get a plain charm bracelet and buy all different charms.

Personally I'd go with a plain bracelet because fashions change dramatically don't they? By the time she comes to wear it, Thomas Sabo may be "so last season" :winkwink: Only kidding, but you know what I mean?

Yeah I think I will get a plain one for her, I've seen a silver spoon charm so I think I might get that as the first one, I got given a silver spoon for my own christening.

theres soooo many charm bracelets about, but i like your idea

They're very in fashion at the moment i think. I always wanted one when I was little, so since I didn't have one I always thought if I had a daughter I'd keep one for her. By the time she's 18 they'll be out of fashion again I'm sure.
i dont think they ever go out of fashion

Essie, my mum did this for me, I have it now and her one that she made along the way...none are particularly expensive and they def are not designer, but I love them. I'm sure Lyra will love whatever you decide on :) night guys I'm pooped, and nervous about shop when nervous, I sleep I told ed I was taking a nap just before I started to push lol...weird defense mechanism eh?
Anyhow, I always read what's written even if i don't comment x

I was going to add actually that both my sister and I have charm bracelets that my mum gave us - similar thing to your idea Essie and Lissy's....and it's a good point about the fact that Lyra will love it no matter what :thumbup:

I agree with April - I don't think charm bracelets ever do go out of fashion. I wanted one when I was younger. And I think they've been pretty popular for a very long time!

That's a very sweet idea, Essie! Lyra will love it :cloud9:

April, I don't think Angel is too old for the chat about biology :haha: Especially if she's coming to you with stuff she's heard. My experience was that my mom was far too shy to tell me anything at all - so when I was 16 and my period started I was petrified. Of course I knew that women got periods, as most of my friends had already had them - but I was certain that a 'period' was about a cup of blood just pouring out of you and then it was done. :dohh: I had to ask my friend what it actually entailed!
And needless to say I got some really backwards 'information' from the playground at Angel's age and I think I would have really liked my mom to tell me the truth of the matter instead of me being afraid of my own body for so many years :shrug:

Just my two cents worth! :hugs:

Delayed Clamping? I do not know zis vord.:shrug: In France we just eat ze cord wiv garlic az zoon az le bébé iz finished wiv it.

Vomit!!

For those who have asked - they cut the cord a little later, about 3 minutes after delivery. This is linked to higher iron levels in infants. Iron deficiency can cause problems with brain development.

Luna I'm not sure they do the eye gunk here in the uk. I've always seen it on US shows but never UK. I still need to research the pros and cons of 3rd stage labour. The thought of it makes me feel sick lol

April if you wanted to discuss periods you could do so without going into the full details of the hokey pokey. I remember finding out about periods and bein absolutely HORRIFIED and just couldn't believe what an absolute shit ride we females got!

I don't think my mum ever spoke to me about periods or sex. She gave me a book about periods and that was it :shrug:

my phone has died :( god bless memory cards! dont worry Cassie my number will still be on im stealing Jays and hes having Fayes lol

i think i might call doctor out if i get any worse i now have sickness and brown spotting :shrug: hot and cold possible infection?

thankyou Luna, Sarah and Essie, i will be be sitting down with her this half term and talk to her! Jesus im well nervous!

Morning all,

Wow zero posts overnight, a rare occurrence. Lyra just screamed, I thought she was hurt but apparently she had just dropped her spoon. She's getting very good at little temper tantrums, particularly at mealtimes.

What are everyone's plans for today? DH is working. I always feel lonelier when he works on a Saturday, even though it's no different from a week day it somehow feels worse. The temperature here this morning was -13 :shock:

I've got no plans apart from some housework, making next weeks meal plan and sorting some boring finance bits. The fun never stops in this house!

Oh my...that was the quickest catch up EVER!

Good morning everyone (are you all still snoozing?)

Essie..Cara does the crazy screaming thing too, especially when she's penned in somewhere..car seat, high chair or pram. It's all bad temper, arching of back etc. She's such a diva :haha: Also, I feel the same when my OH works a Saturday. It's only 1 in 3 Saturday mornings but it's rubbish isn't it?

Anyhoo, happy weekend everybody :hugs:

Last night I was reading another thread as a girl whose story I followed when I first came on to B&B's name popped up and I wondered how she was doing. She had had 4 MCs eventully ending up with a beautiful baby girl who was born I think around 4-6 weeks before Cara. That much I knew, but on my catch up last night I found that she's pregnant again and will have 2 babies under 1 year old come May :shock: Brave!!!!!

Morning all. I think we may have a frozen pipe here as the en suite sink has filled with water over night just from the dripping tap. There's no plug in but the water is there. Dunno what to do about it!

Morning April :flower:

Did you sleep well? How are you all today?

Morning all. I think we may have a frozen pipe here as the en suite sink has filled with water over night just from the dripping tap. There's no plug in but the water is there. Dunno what to do about it!

Hmm sounds like drainage is blocked rather than frozen unless your drainage (u bend etc) is on an outside wall? You could try scooping out the water from the sink and pouring hot (not boiling) water down?

No not at all, I called doctor but the nurse didn't even ring me back until 4 50! Which by that time I had fallen asleep, but was sick last night feel sick today with headache :( James has more rash/spots but other than that all ok x

How are you and Cara?
My friend has 2 babies under 1 she had ivf with her first and fell naturally with her second! She didn't think she could get pregnant, she's really happy but gets NO sleep lol
Sarah sorry about blocked drain I agree with Kit but not too hot otherwise you could crack pipe x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->