<25 BFPs!! 12 births!! Welcome to the world turtle babies!>

Luna..I'm going to read your birth story when Cara is napping later...I want to absorb it properly. Just so you know why I'm not immediately commenting :thumbup:

Wow got lots to catch up on, will do so on computer later! Lurker during toast with LO is not the moment to read Luna's birth story, I want to read that properly- looks really interesting.

I'm about the term you were Lunes when your waters broke-it scares me but I also know these things are beyond our control! The number of women I've seen scrub floors and have sex and eat curry at 41 weeks to induce labour and it doesn't work at all, and then the unlucky ones who sit down quietly for a cup of tea at 32 weeks and paff the membranes go! There's just no knowing so no point in panicking either- I tell myself!

I bled heavily the first few days then it tapered off pretty quickly and by 2 weeks had gone. And Kit I could walk after my epi, they encouraged me to in fact. Up and down the corridor in my pink slippers I went.

Hmm, I think as you and Molly are saying you could walk immediately after epidural I definitely got the C section dose.
April..could you walk after yours? If you say yes then I'm going to feel a complete wimp :haha: I hope you're ok too m'love :hugs:

Sezi..hope you have a comfortable day at work today..take it easy :hugs:

II agree with Kit, the blood loss in the first 2 or 3 days is startling.

They told me if you fill more than one pad an hour you need to call your doctor that it isn't normal. Are you saying you all had more blood than that? Im scared about the bleeding after.

Don't be scared addie, at the time it's happening your attention will be on the girls anyway and it's all just part of the whole thing. I'd definitely say for the first 24 hours after birth, I would have filled many, many pads. About a week later, I just had what was like a very heavy period.

So another lovely night of contractions, more mucous plug this morning (god knows how THAT MUCH can fit up there) and still no baby :growlmad:

Must admit I am not in the best frame of mind. I have had constant diarrhoea, vommed my lunch yesterday, have a sore throat and am tired. I have never had a labour like this. My boys were all systems go from the beginning of labour. I was so tempted to ring my mw last night and say just come and put a drip up and lets get her out...but I didn't. I feel like the slightest thing is going to tip the scales to really fast labour, but not sure what. Hope it's not driving to fetch the boys :wacko:

Oh and Cosmo don't like any of the photos I sent, not high res enough and the features editor emailed and said Cosmo is a very visual mag, just take another pic....sure, I'm only sort of kind of in labour but let me quickly do my make up and hair and take a pic for you! :growlmad:

Sorry for the grump fest :blush:

i have just upload vid of freya talking on fb

iv also come acrossed video of her 6days old which i never knew i had i just burst into tears

So another lovely night of contractions, more mucous plug this morning (god knows how THAT MUCH can fit up there) and still no baby :growlmad:

Must admit I am not in the best frame of mind. I have had constant diarrhoea, vommed my lunch yesterday, have a sore throat and am tired. I have never had a labour like this. My boys were all systems go from the beginning of labour. I was so tempted to ring my mw last night and say just come and put a drip up and lets get her out...but I didn't. I feel like the slightest thing is going to tip the scales to really fast labour, but not sure what. Hope it's not driving to fetch the boys :wacko:

Oh and Cosmo don't like any of the photos I sent, not high res enough and the features editor emailed and said Cosmo is a very visual mag, just take another pic....sure, I'm only sort of kind of in labour but let me quickly do my make up and hair and take a pic for you! :growlmad:

Oh gawd Trin....nightmare. They've a bit of a cheek at Cosmo! Do they know you're "in the middle of things" at the moment?

Wow Newbs, that sounds serious. :(

i'm trying not to think too much of it. i'm just glad all the bases are being covered to make sure it's nothing serious. i want to make sure that if there is a real problem i find out before i'm in the throws of labor! i'm sure it's nothing, just the pregnancy and anxiety is what set everything off. i was so freaking nervous the day of my 12 wk appt that i literally worried myself sick.

i'll keep you guys updated on what happens. thanks for the concern :hugs: I really didn't mean to distract from the excitement of tori tho! :dohh:

Distract away! The excitement came to a halt :haha:

We've had 3 moms who've had to consult cardiologists for congenital cardiac defects and they have all gone on to have safe home births so I'm sure everything will be ok :thumbup:

Wow got lots to catch up on, will do so on computer later! Lurker during toast with LO is not the moment to read Luna's birth story, I want to read that properly- looks really interesting.

I'm about the term you were Lunes when your waters broke-it scares me but I also know these things are beyond our control! The number of women I've seen scrub floors and have sex and eat curry at 41 weeks to induce labour and it doesn't work at all, and then the unlucky ones who sit down quietly for a cup of tea at 32 weeks and paff the membranes go! There's just no knowing so no point in panicking either- I tell myself!

I bled heavily the first few days then it tapered off pretty quickly and by 2 weeks had gone. And Kit I could walk after my epi, they encouraged me to in fact. Up and down the corridor in my pink slippers I went.

Hmm, I think as you and Molly are saying you could walk immediately after epidural I definitely got the C section dose.
April..could you walk after yours? If you say yes then I'm going to feel a complete wimp :haha: I hope you're ok too m'love :hugs:

i played the im wiggling my toe and i cant feel it....20 minutes later, im wiggling my toe and oohh ohh its moving a littttle bit lol, such a weird feeling when you try to move your legs and its like jelly, before the op they asked if i could try lifting my legs, they enjoyed watching me strain to lift them, i was telling them wait wait almost got it (no where near had it haha), also not allowed up for about 8 hours after c sec :/

Oh Trin :( im sorry its going so slowly! I hope you can get some rest, i know its easy to say but Tori will be in your arms soon
im sorry Cosmo are being asses!

if you guys dont mind, what sort of cycle do you all have? or did have? my mum thinks im weird because my period is on the 6th of every month without fail, and she said that irregular, but to me its regular because its on the same day :shrug: confusing...

TRIN- how damn rude of cosmo ........and Tori is naughty making everyone wait like this hehe!! only joking........do some starjumps?

i see no one commented on reeces school incident?

im not in a good mod today as im shatterd and nate is been a grizzly bear

be back later

Thanks girls for all the kind words regarding my birth story. I feel like a thunder stealer, though! It's Trin's birthing time, not mine! :haha:

Trin, sorry things are going slowly. Tori will make her appearance when she's ready. Just try to be relaxed and enjoying these few hours (days?) before she decides to come out! :hugs:

And maybe dolling up and having DH take some pictures of you would be fun! :hugs:

TRIN- how damn rude of cosmo ........and Tori is naughty making everyone wait like this hehe!! only joking........do some starjumps?

i see no one commented on reeces school incident?

im not in a good mod today as im shatterd and nate is been a grizzly bear

be back later

Hello Hayley dear! :hugs: Sorry Nate is grizzly! That's never fun.

Sorry I didn't reply about Reece's school incident. I have zero experience here and it always seems it's kind 'he said/she said' with school yard stuff and whomever the teacher favors gets the better treatment - at least that's who I remember it! I think these things just are never very fair :nope:

Blimey Luna, although our experiances on paper are very similar. You did amazing ! My labour was so quick once the pain started, reading that I would have also be begging for a c section. Xxxx

if you guys dont mind, what sort of cycle do you all have? or did have? my mum thinks im weird because my period is on the 6th of every month without fail, and she said that irregular, but to me its regular because its on the same day :shrug: confusing...

Alas, I have no cycle to speak of for two reasons...breast feeding and the mini pill. I have spotted on two or three occasions since Cara was born :wacko:

It's possible the others got a spinal and you got an epidural? The spinal is a single dose and the epidural is continual. With an epi, they usually don't allow you up for 12 hours at least

It's possible the others got a spinal and you got an epidural? The spinal is a single dose and the epidural is continual. With an epi, they usually don't allow you up for 12 hours at least

Now that's where I get a bit blurry..on the difference between the two. You're probably right trin :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->