<25 BFPs!! 12 births!! Welcome to the world turtle babies!>

Kit that's ridiculous. We will raise Elina to be proud to Chechen. If she's asked, the answer will be "yes" not "you're a racist!". How are different ethnicities etc supposed to co-exist when free communication and education about them is discouraged?!

TRIN- how damn rude of cosmo ........and Tori is naughty making everyone wait like this hehe!! only joking........do some starjumps?

i see no one commented on reeces school incident?

im not in a good mod today as im shatterd and nate is been a grizzly bear

be back later

Sorry Hayley..I missed your post about the school incident..I went back and read it. Sometimes it seems there can be different treatment given to some children than others particularly where special needs are concerned. IMHO, sometimes that's appropriate and sometimes it's not. When I was a student working in primary schools, there was a young boy (5 yrs at the time) who had ADHD although it wasn't diagnosed officially until he was a bit older. He was blamed for EVERYTHING as it was believed he was just naughty then came the diagnosis a couple of years later and everything went to the opposite extreme. My point is, what you describe sounds like tit for tat. It might be being taken too far due to the other boy's needs...a bit like positive discrimination?

It's making me think of the case in the UK just a couple of weeks ago where two 5 year old boys were talking, one white, one black. The white boy asked the black boy if he was proud to be from Africa. He told his mother he had been asked this question and his mother has turned it into a massive race issue it seems. The mother of the white boy is shocked at being told she has to sign a form at the school acknowledging her son is a racist. This makes me really sad and feel like there is no hope for us :nope:

whats the world coming too.:dohh: kids are innocent........my mum looking after 2.5yr old asking my mum why a man was in a pushchair....the carer practically screamed at the child....its an observation they cant think oh i gonna be nasty........same as when little white boy looked a little black boy and said something along the lines of baby monkey..........omg the mum could have died on the spot due to inbarassement but it was completely innocent:dohh:

Kids are going to say what they are going to say. My friends kid pointed at this lady one day and screamed jew it was hilarious bc really she was screaming juice but the lady was hasidic so her mom turned white bc it really sounded like she was saying jew so my friend goes "OH JUICE YOU WANT JUICE"

My students parents would go nutssss when things would be said. One year in kindergarten a child ask another child to see his alligator (meaning boy part) the mom came into school freaking out screaminggggggggggggg that a child asked her son that. I mean they are 5 thats the age where they start to question things. It was totally innocent the girl was just 5 years old. I took the girl aside and told her that we don't ask that of others but it's ok that she did because she didn't know but then that stupid mom came in and freaked out and this poor girl didn't even know what she did. I mean if at 5 a boy asked my daughter that I would not freak out I would just prepare my girls to tell them areas of our bodies are private and not to be shown to others.

Kit that's ridiculous. We will raise Elina to be proud to Chechen. If she's asked, the answer will be "yes" not "you're a racist!". How are different ethnicities etc supposed to co-exist when free communication and education about them is discouraged?!

In schools we always discuss differences. We have this around the world part of the curriculum for kindergarten to teach them about how we are all different but alike at the same time. They should be encouraged to ask questions. People can be so nuts and I would have never signed a paper saying my child was racist for asking if another child was proud to be from Africa. I never heard of such a thing where a school would make a parent sign that.

Thats the one part of teaching I loved and disliked at the same time, the parents. They are so lovely (most of them) but then you get the crazy ones that make you want to lock your door and hide in the corner (yes I had to do that every morning one year because this one mom would come be4 school every single day to talk to me about the oddest things. Between 830-845 I always made sure to be out of my room or I would lock the door and do my work in a corner so she couldn't see me) Her child was so cute and nice but she was a nutter lol.

For those that do not have Facebook, here are a couple of pictures from my shower.

bears.jpg

cake.jpg

hats.jpg

jackets.jpg

swaddle.jpg

Kit I have a question (or anyone else who has experienced this) does Cara stand up in her cot? Lyra keeps waking in the night, standing up and either slipping and bashing her head or getting stuck standing. Either way she ends up crying. We were up five times last night before I gave up and kicked DH out of bed so she could come in with me, and similar the night before. I know I can't stop her standing up but I'm not sure what to do.

Sorry I didn't answer earlier essie..we've been swimming!

In answer to your question...no. Cara doesn't stand up in her cot, in fact she doesn't yet pull herself up to her feet so I dare say we've got it to come. I'm not sure what the answer would be to be honest :-k It's probably going to be another short lived phase but exasperating at the time. Sorry that's a rubbish answer :blush:

In 2 hours I have my doctors apt. I can't wait to find out how big the girls are now and I am going to as them to give me a 3D picture of their faces. I am not sure if they will be I will ask.

Thanks. Something I noticed is i got a tun of newborn outfits I think bc it's twins people assume they will be born early. I have to go and get clothes for 3 months and up now. I may wait and see how big they are in April when they get measured then go get more clothes. I'll save the newborn outfits tho bc they can use them to dress up their dolls later on that's what I did with my baby clothes. And maybe they will fit into them you never know.

Addie I love the pictures of your shower..you look fantastic! Your gifts were beautiful too and the table decor etc. You USA ladies know how to do baby showers that's for sure!

The girl's room is really coming along too...looks lovely. Did the carpet come up ok?

I think that maybe people aren't necessarily assuming the twins will be born early but maybe just that because there are two, they'll naturally be a little smaller...like it would be unusual for twins to come out both weighing 8lbs. Maybe that's it? :shrug:

In 2 hours I have my doctors apt. I can't wait to find out how big the girls are now and I am going to as them to give me a 3D picture of their faces. I am not sure if they will be I will ask.

Exciting!! Hope you do get pics :happydance:

We have a plan. If I'm still pregnant tomorrow my mw will come at lunchtime and rupture membranes if she can :thumbup:

Driving home from Toine's school today. They crossed the road and then leapt up the stairs to the building like it was a mountainside. I think they were looking for shelter from the rain. Beautiful goats! No idea who owns them, they just roam around on their own. Only in Africa :haha:

426437_10150728022634880_594719879_11436084_271586592_n.jpg

Thanks. Something I noticed is i got a tun of newborn outfits I think bc it's twins people assume they will be born early. I have to go and get clothes for 3 months and up now. I may wait and see how big they are in April when they get measured then go get more clothes. I'll save the newborn outfits tho bc they can use them to dress up their dolls later on that's what I did with my baby clothes. And maybe they will fit into them you never know.

Addie I love the pictures of your shower..you look fantastic! Your gifts were beautiful too and the table decor etc. You USA ladies know how to do baby showers that's for sure!

The girl's room is really coming along too...looks lovely. Did the carpet come up ok?

I think that maybe people aren't necessarily assuming the twins will be born early but maybe just that because there are two, they'll naturally be a little smaller...like it would be unusual for twins to come out both weighing 8lbs. Maybe that's it? :shrug:

The carpet looks good but sometimes stains come back so I am waiting a week or so to make sure nothing comes back. Yea I guess people just assume they will be a little smaller but when I looked in their closet they have a tun of 3-6 month outfits just not the onesies so I will have to get onesies for that age group.

TRIN- how damn rude of cosmo ........and Tori is naughty making everyone wait like this hehe!! only joking........do some starjumps?

i see no one commented on reeces school incident?

im not in a good mod today as im shatterd and nate is been a grizzly bear

be back later

Sorry Hayley..I missed your post about the school incident..I went back and read it. Sometimes it seems there can be different treatment given to some children than others particularly where special needs are concerned. IMHO, sometimes that's appropriate and sometimes it's not. When I was a student working in primary schools, there was a young boy (5 yrs at the time) who had ADHD although it wasn't diagnosed officially until he was a bit older. He was blamed for EVERYTHING as it was believed he was just naughty then came the diagnosis a couple of years later and everything went to the opposite extreme. My point is, what you describe sounds like tit for tat. It might be being taken too far due to the other boy's needs...a bit like positive discrimination?

It's making me think of the case in the UK just a couple of weeks ago where two 5 year old boys were talking, one white, one black. The white boy asked the black boy if he was proud to be from Africa. He told his mother he had been asked this question and his mother has turned it into a massive race issue it seems. The mother of the white boy is shocked at being told she has to sign a form at the school acknowledging her son is a racist. This makes me really sad and feel like there is no hope for us :nope:

Hayley, I agree. It sounds like his word against the other child's. Maybe the mom is a pain and the school is trying to appease her? As a mom with 2 kids with ADHD I know that it's hard because they can be labelled `the problem child all the time when it's not necessarily their fault. Maybe Kit is right about the positive discrimination

Kit, I hear what you're saying about the race thing. Kids are curious and they ask the questions that come to mind. Tarquin the other day told me he is unhappy that there aren't any more peach children in his class and he doesn't want to be with only brown children. My mom freaked and said he couldn't say that, and tbh that was my immediate reaction too. But I asked him why. Turns out there's only him and one other girl in his class who are white, or peach as he calls it. The black kids play with his hair and treat him like a pet. He said he wanted other friends who look like him. Which I suppose is understandable. So we had a long talk basically in his terms about the demographics of the country and that there just are more brown people than peach people around so it'll always be like that. Then he was happy and didn't feel singled out. People should look at what's behind the comment or question rather than getting touchy and defensive

Your shower pics look lovely Addie. Quite a fancy affair! And the nursery will look great decorated :thumbup:

Did I say the other day what the mw predicted for weight? I can't remember. Anyway, she thinks around 4kg and agrees with me that she's TALL - unless she just really likes to stretch out in there. The mw was shocked that my ribs are SO displaced

Did I say the other day what the mw predicted for weight? I can't remember. Anyway, she thinks around 4kg and agrees with me that she's TALL - unless she just really likes to stretch out in there. The mw was shocked that my ribs are SO displaced

Ouch displaced ribs did you feel them moving??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->