• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

26 yr old TTC #1...Anyone wanna be buds?

Wow, thanks Lilly! I guess you can find just about anything on the internet! :)

I guess in a way I'm a little bummed that I'm not having a boy because it means that I really am not in need of new clothes, but clothes shopping is just so darn fun! I almost always buy something for my daughter every time I go out to the store with her. It's a reason that I try to avoid the store as much as possible, LOL. She's got a lot of stuff she's fitting in at the moment because I keep running across the cutest sundresses and skirts.

I have LOTS of clothes for Lydia :) She better be a Lydia! Haha.

How are you girls this week?

Alright. Getting anxious that I have yet to hear my QUAD screen results. I'll be calling in an hour or so if yhey don't call me first. Kind of want to get the news before DH leaves for work.

Woke up early this moning with TMI bathroom issues (hooray...). DD didn't take long enough of a nap for me to get one. Soo tired. And coffee would probably make my issue worse. Boo.

Other than those things I'm really good. DD crawled for like a foot yesterday. She'll have the hang soon enough. I think she'd rather be walking. She's always acting like she wants to stand. We'll have to work on it!

Just called and was told I'm not at risk. She said it was negative. Sounds weird to me because I thought you were supposed to be given odds. Partly makes me wonder if she was actually looking at my cystic fibrosis screening... we'll see at my 24 week appt I guess.

That's good about not being at risk.

I wake up at least 3 times a night to pee! I wonder if that is normal at this stage lol? It is getting sort of annoying. I don't sleep through the night anymore.

You are lucky you have DD to distract you! I just want a baby NOW!!! lol

She crawled more today. I put the phone a few feet in front of her and she crawled right for it. She loves those buttons lighting up. But I can only pull this trick a few times before she gets mad at me for taking the phone away!

Scheduled an ultrasound for 28 weeks on August 29th. :) I was told 8:30, but an automated text was sent to my phone that said 9:10. I'll probably clarify this at my next appointment.

They told me I was negative for the quad screen at first. I kind of had to pressure her to get the numbers. I told her I understood it was negative I just wanted to know what my ratio was compared to my age group and she finally told me.

The nurse didn't seem in a mood to deal with my question. I'll ask the doc at my next appointment.

I have an apt tomorrow and I am kind of nervous. When I went a few weeks ago she couldn't find hb for more than 2 seconds but I could feel her moving away so they got the ultrasound machine out. She made me feel kind of bad for not being able to hear hb like I did something. I am hoping this appointment is better!

you just have an active little girl that's all! Can't believe someone would want you to feel bad about that.

Hope your appointment goes well!!!

Apt went well. It was with my doctor who I have only seen twice during this pregnancy. I am down 1 lb from last time and my bp was 117/74 so that was good. My bp is usually 122/80 which I believe is still ok?

She was concerned however that I have gained 25 lbs this pregnancy (most of it in my first tri) and did warn me of my risks for gestational diabetes with our family history of diabetes and be gaining that much. I am not sure how DH's father who has type 1 has an effect but I guess? She made me a little nervous I won't pass that in 4 weeks.

Anyways, I got my 1 hour glucose test scheduled and scheduled my next few apts left. I only have 1 left then it is every two weeks and then after Sept. it's every week for me! This is crazy. This makes me seems like time is flying when I look at it this way but day by day seems to be going slowly.

Bookity, did you have your 1 hour glucose test in the afternoon with your DD? Mine is at 2 o clock and I have been finding conflicting things you should do before your test.

Blood pressure sounds fine.

I've gained 16 lbs so far and haven't heard anything from my doctor about it (yet). I had a screen really early on because of my family history of diabetes (dad, dad's dad, mom's mom) and passed. The second screen I also passed. Don't get down about it yet.

My test (both times) was in the morning. I think you just eat pretty regularly while avoiding excessive sugar/carbs. I had toast and scrambled eggs with water. No jam, no juice. I'm so glad mine was in the morning!

Hope you had a good weekend. I'm hoping today Michaela will get to meet her godparents for the first time. :)

I am going to try hard to only gain no more than 5 lbs for the rest of pregnancy. I am going to eat healthy!!! Low carb!

DH felt baby kick for the first time. Twice now she has gone crazy and my stomach starts jumping all over and its so funny and DH finally got to feel her. It was great. She doesn't do it every day though.

Did your DD meet her godparents?

Try not to worry about the weight gain. I've heard of ladies who have gained 60 plus pounds and still lost it all in a timely way when baby was born. Just concentrate on eating good things (remember to add 300 or so extra calories for baby!), and going for walks or maybe prenatal yoga or something. Drink lots of water! Don't stress about your weight. Your body will do what it needs to do.

I've felt Vanessa go nuts a few times. DH has yet to feel this one though. With his work schedule it's like we keep missing each other.

Past couple days have been really great with DH's brother and family in town. His brother has 4 kids and his oldest (the only girl) brought a friend of hers too, so there are 5 kids (2 of them teenage girls) fawning all over my daughter. She's the center of attention with everyone and she eats it up! She's all smiles all day long and even went to bed more than an hour early. Fell asleep on the ride home today and wouldn't rouse for me to even change her clothes for bed. I'm hoping she wakes up soonish to take a bottle and go right back to sleep. I don't know if she can go 15 hrs with no bottle. ;) Got tuckered out from all the attention (and hardly napping).

Aww sounds like you guys are having a good couple of days.

I have been lazy on the exercise because I would go for walks but it is to darn hot out and I have been sweating up a storm at work because I am standing/walking/helping kids lol. My thinking has been I have been working out enough at work. I think I am going to try some yoga today. I just gained wayyyy to fast in the first trimester because I stopped exercising and eating whatever I wanted. I am also swollen all the time so I know some of the weight is from that as well. I just don't like being scolded by the doctor!

Ahhh I love her name is Vanessa. So cute!!!

Yeah, your job definitely sounds like a real workout. I know I feel like I must have gained 5 lbs in boobs alone. I'm sure that's off the mark, but that's what it feels like, LOL.

Hope you are doing well this week.

DD went to the beach for the first time yesterday and had such a blast! I loved watching her be so excited to play in the sand and splash in the water! I hope we get to go again while his brother's family is still up. There's talk of going to another beach on Monday, so that would be fun, especially if DH can come and see what a water baby we have!

When I told my sister that we were naming her Vanessa she made a face and says "Really?" :( I know it took the name a little while to grow on me, but now that I'm searching for the perfect middle name for her, I really like it. I think my sis is just acting like that because she knows that DH chose the name and not me. I'm sure I expressed to her how I didn't like it too. But I really do like it now. I think she feels that DH is being controlling or something. Because I told her that I'm going to pick the middle name and she's like "well he KNOWS you won't pick something he doesn't like." Bah. I'm almost positive I'm going with Mia though.

Aww...that's kind of why I stopped telling people names we were considering. I'm tired of people being so judgy! At a big barbeque over the weekend DH said we liked Annabelle, one of the reactions was just silence and then "Well, it's awfully girly". My overly touchy, very hungry pregger response was, "Well she IS a girl. Shall I name her George?!"

20 week scan this morning and little miss was being sooo stubborn about letting the tech measure her head. We got some good pics though and she seems to have surprisingly large feet IMO.

How much fun about the beach! Hope I get a waterbaby!

Attachments

• photo(4).jpg
    photo(4).jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 3
  • toes.jpg
    toes.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 3
I cannot believe I will be 24 weeks tomorrow! This is nuts! I am having a good and fast week. Which is always good. This weekend is DH and I one year anniversary. We are going to the cabin where we got married and we invited some friends out for dinner on Saturday where we had our reception at. It should be fun. My bf is coming who just started ttc so I am bringing her my leftover ovulation sticks lol.

We are not telling any of our family members the names we are thinking because we don't want opinions lol. I tell other people and everyone loves Lydia or Lucia so this is going to be a hard decsion.

Isn't the ultrasound the greatest Lilly? I wish I could have one every week!! :)

Happy belated v-day Erika! And happy anniversary too! Hope you and DH have a great weekend.

My vote is still for Lydia.

DH is on vacation next week and his other brother is coming to visit with his family too, so it'll be another busy week. My parents are driving up today as well.

Thanks!! I have a busy week as well! Tonight we are going to dinner for our anniversary, my parents are coming Wednesday morning to stay until Thursday, my friend is coming to stay Thursday and then we are leaving Friday at noon for Kansas City to visit DH's best friend.

So I will be having quite the week lol. I have been on the go so much my feet are starting to swell like nobody's business! I will have to cut way back on my salt!!

Hope you had a good weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->