28-36 weeks forum

Wow Hayleyjj what a journey your have been on!

I'm 28yrs old and 27.6weeks with my first. I swear I woke up at 26 weeks and things had suddenly stepped up. My bump has had a growth spurt and I've gone from but really feeling that pregnant to feeling very pregnant almost overnight. I've been quiet lucky really, no sickness or ill health really but the acid reflux has started. Over all I quiet like being pregnant but I can't wait to meet this little one. Can't best bea thought of another 10 weeks at work though!!

I have not started packing a bag yet and wasnt sure when too. I have my next appointment next Friday when I will be 32 weeks and I planned on asking her some questions then... Like when I will get let out of work for maternity leave (it should be at 36 weeks), getting a breast pump ordered through my insurance and then I will probably start prepping after my appt at 32 weeks.

I have not started packing a bag yet and wasnt sure when too. I have my next appointment next Friday when I will be 32 weeks and I planned on asking her some questions then... Like when I will get let out of work for maternity leave (it should be at 36 weeks), getting a breast pump ordered through my insurance and then I will probably start prepping after my appt at 32 weeks.

I'll be 32 weeks next week at my appointment, too! I'll have some of the same questions you have. It feels like it's coming up so soon....yet so far away.

Yeah, maybe there could be a third trimester (pre-term) and a Full-term 3rd trimester forum. I kind of ran out of things to say during the 2nd trimester. I feel totally unprepared though. I don't have anyone telling me what I'm supposed to be doing or feeling, so I'm just going with the flow.

I need to do my bag I been in and out like a yo yo and told many times to get it sorted x

When do you need to do your bag? Still seems way too early to me...

Great idea for a thread - I'm at that in-between stage too, although I have been here before so I do like reading all sections of the boards as I can relate to most. But it's nice to have a "home" for a few weeks and meet other ladies due about the same time.

So, I'm 27 weeks along with my second. Due September 1st - and hoping to go then or little bit later as I want a September baby so it's the oldest, rather than youngest in the school year. But I am sure I won't care when I'm swollen and double the size I am now!
I'm team yellow, and don't mind if I have a girl or boy...I'm just so excited to find out! I haven't really got anything ready at all, although I do have things from first time around that are still in excellent condition. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

As for hospital bags - I didn't pack mine until about 37 weeks.

BabyJayne - my baby is due 31st August and I really want her 1 day late for school reasons. My son was 16 days late so I assumed I would be fine for a September baby but now they are talking possible early c section and not going past due date!

I have a bag packed for myself already because I've already had one admission and, woody my husband did his best, the stuff he brought in want what I really wanted. The bag is just there in case I have to go in as an emergency like last time.

I've not packed baby's bag. If baby came this early she would be too little to need any of that stuff anyway.

Ah wow love hearing all your stories, sorry to hear about all your losses Hayley, ive lost three myself and that was devastating enough let alone 9! You really ought to get that bag packed what with being I and out so often!
I'm 31 + 4 due 3.08 third baby, I have a one year old and a 7 year old both boys and this time its a girl!! Was in shock for many weeks!! Ive packed both our bags but will unpack and repack atlesst 8 times before baby arrives! You always end up thinking of other things you possibly might need here and there lol! So this pregnancy all was well up till roughly 16 weeks apart from the odd bit of nausea, then spd hit and hit me hard, probably doesn't help that I'm now rather on the large side and hadn't dropped my baby weight after having my one your old, then my reoccurring inguinal hernia decided to make a nasty appearance, so straight onto pain relief for me just so as I can stay mobile.... 28 weeks comes get measured and my fundal height ( we all know how inaccurate that is) is 35cm a whopping 7 weeks ahead.....off I trot for a growth scan and baby is big weighing roughly 1666g at 29 weeks think that's 3lb10 ish but nothing to panic about....on the 90th centile roughly. Then 30 weeks come and I have a completely black out, vision is lost for 10 minutes and when it returns its got swimming black dots....along with a lovely headache, so hospital admitt me ive got +++protein in my urine and 145/95 bp however all tests come back negative for pre e, so they then move on to panicking its a blood clot on my Brain or a mini stroke, mri's and ecg's galore. All came back fine, it was a ocular migraine no biggy! Had my 31 week appt yesterday and now bump is only measuring 33cm, a full three weeks after ive measured 35cm, this makes my graph look ridiculous as now baby is declining, so Tuesday I'm off for another growth scan but this time to check baby hasn't stopped growing! I think last time she was just sticking her butt out and this time she was curled under making my bump appear to have shrunk and definetly not grown in the last three weeks, trust me its grown!! Its huge! Will post a photo after and u can all have a laugh! Anyway sorrry for the essay...cant wait to read about more of us 28-36 weekers :) xxx

31 weeks 3 days here xx

Attachments

• WP_20150604_001.jpg
    WP_20150604_001.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 4
BabyJayne - my baby is due 31st August and I really want her 1 day late for school reasons. My son was 16 days late so I assumed I would be fine for a September baby but now they are talking possible early c section and not going past due date!

I have a bag packed for myself already because I've already had one admission and, woody my husband did his best, the stuff he brought in want what I really wanted. The bag is just there in case I have to go in as an emergency like last time.

I've not packed baby's bag. If baby came this early she would be too little to need any of that stuff anyway.

Ah I know - They will all be fine regardless but they just seem so young going to school when they are summer babies. My birthday is August 23rd so I was right at the end of the school year. I coped fine in school, it was worse though as we got older - my friends could learn to drive, legally go to pubs - and in some cases I was almost a whole year behind them. I love it now as I'm getting older though ha ha! My DD is a June baby, and she felt too small going to school even at that age.

I agree, I am 28 weeks and feel more in 3rd trimester is about labour signs or preparing for it and I definitely don't feel like i'm there yet but 2nd trimester feels like everyone asks about movements/scans etc and i'm not there either lol

I'm due 29th August but fortunately in Scotland the cut off date for schools is jan/feb so I don't have to cross my legs until September! Dh wants it here before his birthday on the 8th, I was born 10 days early and my parents were both early to, Dh was a section due to breech so I it could be early but I expect it to be late, everyone says first babies are 70% late. I dont know if family history follows that way?

I'm due 29th August but fortunately in Scotland the cut off date for schools is jan/feb so I don't have to cross my legs until September! Dh wants it here before his birthday on the 8th, I was born 10 days early and my parents were both early to, Dh was a section due to breech so I it could be early but I expect it to be late, everyone says first babies are 70% late. I dont know if family history follows that way?

My mum had three of us, one three days late, one bang on due date and one three days early - in that order. My DD was 5 days late - but I have the feeling I am going to go a bit earlier this time (probably because I want to go on time or later!) - so I think it's just the luck of the draw! x

WOW Haleyjj what a journey!!! Super big congrats on this miracle baby :happydance:

I love this thread and hope to stay in touch with all of you as we have our babies within days and weeks of eachother :happydance:

Would love to share some bumps pics with all of you! Been bad at taking my 28week on this week but will do it tonight for sure :)

I have a question, depending on where you live and how much maternity leave you have, what are your plans for work after baby? Daycare arrangements, costs, how do you feel about leaving babies and at what age? I ask because with DD i found it VERY hard even at 1yr old and with this little one i am planning to do everything in my power to stay home with him longer and then part time only for daycare with a work from home job I have been doing already part time :)

good idea! :flower:

I'm 23, i live in the UK and I'm married and due a little girl on 5th September! We had a chemical in November last year at 5 weeks and a second tri loss (a daughter) in 2010. We also have a 6 year old dd, a 3 year old dd and a 2 year old ds!
Im 27 weeks tomorrow and find myself hovering between here and 2nd tri. Hope you ladies are all well! We've just started buying a few of our 'big' baby things now! Really getting exciting .... and expensive! :haha:

W
I have a question, depending on where you live and how much maternity leave you have, what are your plans for work after baby? Daycare arrangements, costs, how do you feel about leaving babies and at what age? I ask because with DD i found it VERY hard even at 1yr old and with this little one i am planning to do everything in my power to stay home with him longer and then part time only for daycare with a work from home job I have been doing already part time :)

I'm taking 10 months mat leave then going back to work 3 days a week and baby will go to nursery.
I have mixed feelings about it, I need to go back to work financially and I don't want to give up my job forever anyway plus I think nursery is good for children to mix and learn so I'm largely happy about it.

WOW Haleyjj what a journey!!! Super big congrats on this miracle baby :happydance:

I love this thread and hope to stay in touch with all of you as we have our babies within days and weeks of eachother :happydance:

Would love to share some bumps pics with all of you! Been bad at taking my 28week on this week but will do it tonight for sure :)

I live in the US (California) and we get 4 weeks before delivery and 12 weeks after delivery (14 weeks after if c-section) for maternity leave but only get paid 55% of my salary until I return to work. We meet our potential daycare lady this evening and I am pretty sure she will be the one we use as she is near our home (in our small town) and my best friend uses her also. It will be costing us $185 per week for fulltime care as we both work 5 days a week 8 hours a day. I know I will be sad to leave him especially since it’s our first but I will love seeing him eventually playing and socializing with other ones his age and my friends 8 month old is so happy everyday he gets there and sees the babysitter!! :) I have no choice but to go back to work so I will manage.

I'm 24 and so is my husband. I am 30 weeks and 3 days. This is our first and we are expecting a little boy! :happydance:. EDD is August 11th! We do have 3 dogs (Great Dane, Pitbull mix, and a Whippet mix) and they are like my children, so I hope they adjust quickly to this new little guy. I plan on working up until my due date unless some unforeseen medical issues arise. I've been very lucky with this pregnancy. No severe sickness or medical issues. I will be going back to work at 8 weeks:cry:, unless my husband gets this promotion soon then I will be staying home and finishing up school.

My dogs are also like my babies xxx

Frank a bully and buddy is a chihuahua xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads