28-36 weeks forum

He is gorgeous Haleyjj :cloud9: I did this with my DD and it was amazing...waving and smiling...we actually got a picture where we could see her dimples!!! Framed in her room now :)

My little guy has been moving & shaking like crazy this weekend! Makes momma very happy! Next Dr appt is tmmr...getting on the scale scares me! LOL

Yes I am too scared to get on the scale this week!! ;)

He is gorgeous Haleyjj :cloud9: I did this with my DD and it was amazing...waving and smiling...we actually got a picture where we could see her dimples!!! Framed in her room now :)

My little guy has been moving & shaking like crazy this weekend! Makes momma very happy! Next Dr appt is tmmr...getting on the scale scares me! LOL

Abbey08 how have your weigh ins been so far?

I was feeling pretty confident at 21weeks when they told me I was only up a total of 4.4lbs :thumbup: Thought her scale was broken but smiled and said GREAT THX! Then 4weeks later i was up 5.5lbs....ok slighty afraid now :haha: and since then have failed my first glucose test and needed to do the extra long one and hold my breathe...thankfully all was ok but doesnt leave me very hopeful on weight gain :dohh: will post a bump pic here soon so you mommas can tell me honestly...how HUGE am i really for 29weeks?

Agreed I feel lost between both 2nd & 3rd tri, I'm also due 27th August, 1st tri dragged for me especially due to all the extra scans and bleeding, then 2nd tri went in a flash and now I'm here in 3rd tri :) took us 5 years of NTNP and we finally got here (was my 3rd month of using soy) maybe that gave my body the bost I needed, A little of info about me I'm 27 years old from Derbyshire with a beautiful son age 5 nearly 6 and another beautiful boy on the way, currently having loads of growth scan due babies weight and measurements, and not long discovered I am diabetic with this pregnancy, so a lot of appointments last week and this week, also being diagnosed with SPD and I'm currently on extra iron due to anemic so pretty much walking well she'll I say waddling around hehe like a zombie so sleepy, hopefully the new iron tablets will boost me :) I have another scan at 32 weeks to check his growth then another at 36 weeks to discuss and put a plan into action regarding the birth, consultant says of his growth is still big then it will be a case of popping my waters and starting me off around 36/38 weeks, scared and nervous but also so ready and excited to meet him <3 it's very nice to meet you all and I wish you all well with the rest of your pregnancy, hopefully it won't drag as much xx

Abbey08 how have your weigh ins been so far?

I was feeling pretty confident at 21weeks when they told me I was only up a total of 4.4lbs :thumbup: Thought her scale was broken but smiled and said GREAT THX! Then 4weeks later i was up 5.5lbs....ok slighty afraid now :haha: and since then have failed my first glucose test and needed to do the extra long one and hold my breathe...thankfully all was ok but doesnt leave me very hopeful on weight gain :dohh: will post a bump pic here soon so you mommas can tell me honestly...how HUGE am i really for 29weeks?

NewbieLisette: My weigh-ins were good in the beginning and then once I hit 20 weeks started climbing… And she keeps lecturing me every other appointment. She limited me to a gain of 15-25 lbs and I just hit 25 lbs at 31 weeks so I am trying to be REALLY good!! But I was bad this weekend and see her Friday so I know I will get the dreaded lecture… :/ I just keep telling myself to not let her get to me and do as best as I can. I had lost over 50 lbs prior to getting pregnant and was finally in a healthy BMI range so its not like I am happy about the gaining but I was also in an active weight war challenge at work when I found out I was 6 weeks pregnant and then got the dreaded morning sickness for 3 months so once I was finally not sick and couldn’t diet any longer I ate normal foods and gained super quickly. I thankfully passed my glucose test! Phew… Here is my bump @ 31 weeks. I feel huge but some people don’t even notice! LOL

Attachments

• 20150605_115807-1-1-1.jpg
    20150605_115807-1-1-1.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 15
My bump is huge I'm dreading the scales x

I was weighed at my booking appointment but ive not been weighed since and I'm not sure they will actually weigh me again. I've gained 21lb . The UK doesn't have weight recommendations but I'm within the guidelines for USA. It's blood sample time on Thursday though. Urgh.

I've gained around 24lb. I gained a lot in the second trimester but it's slowed a little recently. Also in the UK - no weigh ins or guidelines or lectures about gaining too much here. The focus is on healthy eating/lifestyle rather than a specific weight gain.

I actually do get weighed as part of a trial they're doing at my hospital but they don't even tell me the weight and it doesn't go in my notes. It's just part of their research data.

We don't have formal guidelines in the UK but there are recommendations in place by the NHS. However, I don't think midwives make a big thing of it, unless you're particularly under or over-weight. I'm almost 34 weeks and so far I've gained 22lb, all of which seems to have gone straight to belly :blush:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 13
We don't have formal guidelines in the UK but there are recommendations in place by the NHS. However, I don't think midwives make a big thing of it, unless you're particularly under or over-weight. I'm almost 34 weeks and so far I've gained 22lb, all of which seems to have gone straight to belly :blush:

That's a beautiful bump

That's a beautiful bump

Thanks spicyorange. Everyone keeps telling me how huge I am!

That's a beautiful bump

"Everyone" talks nonsense. They either say your huge or tiny, they feel they have to say something. No one ever says "your bump looks the perfect size" people tell me I'm small but I measure spot on. I've stopped listening to people and their silly comments about bump size. The midwife is the only person I actually pay attention to now.

You look fab His Princess! I seem to have really popped out this week - midwife on Thursday, looking forward to seeing how I am measuring up fundal height wise, and thankfully she doesn't make me get on the scales. I think I am about 20lb up at the moment...I did so well first and second tri, but I am eating far too much now and going to gym a little bit less.

You look fab His Princess! I seem to have really popped out this week - midwife on Thursday, looking forward to seeing how I am measuring up fundal height wise, and thankfully she doesn't make me get on the scales. I think I am about 20lb up at the moment...I did so well first and second tri, but I am eating far too much now and going to gym a little bit less.

Thanks BabyJayne. I'm measuring 9cm ahead in fundal height but all is fine, so don't worry if you're a bit under or over. I'm trying not to bear myself up to much regarding weight gain. I'm not eating as well I should and I haven't been doing nearly as much exercise as I had an SCH from weeks 12-28, which prevented it. I'm going to worry about it once he's here.

That's a beautiful bump

"Everyone" talks nonsense. They either say your huge or tiny, they feel they have to say something. No one ever says "your bump looks the perfect size" people tell me I'm small but I measure spot on. I've stopped listening to people and their silly comments about bump size. The midwife is the only person I actually pay attention to now.

You're completely right. For some reason, all social etiquette seems to go out of the window when you're pregnant. I've just count of the number of people that have just randomly touched my belly :growlmad:

Your bumps look just PERFECT ladies :)

I am just back from my 29week appt and only up 2lbs in the last 4weeks..phhewww..so total of 12 now which i think is pretty good even though I started over weight. Dr seems happy and baby is all good and head down already ;o Yikess...feel very real all of a sudden! LOL Belly is measuring "slightly" big but nothing to really take notice of. I love my Dr lol :) Way better than those people who still ask "Are you SURE its not twins"???? Ggggrrrrrrr

On a more technical note, how the heck did you ladies upload your bump pics? I am clearly having a preggo brain moment! lol

Your bumps look just PERFECT ladies :)

I am just back from my 29week appt and only up 2lbs in the last 4weeks..phhewww..so total of 12 now which i think is pretty good even though I started over weight. Dr seems happy and baby is all good and head down already ;o Yikess...feel very real all of a sudden! LOL Belly is measuring "slightly" big but nothing to really take notice of. I love my Dr lol :) Way better than those people who still ask "Are you SURE its not twins"???? Ggggrrrrrrr

On a more technical note, how the heck did you ladies upload your bump pics? I am clearly having a preggo brain moment! lol

NewbieLisette: When you reply or post a response go up to the toolbar above where your typing where you can change the font and size, etc...click on the little paperclip symbol to the right of the smiley face and you can pick a photo to upload and it attaches.

How's everyone doing?
I've got my 28w mw appointment today. I hate blood tests.

I had my 34 week appointment yesterday. It seems as though baby is still transverse (he's swung from transverse to breech the whole way through) so a c-section is looking more and more likely, if he doesn't turn within the next 3 weeks.

I also saw a different MW yesterday who has made me panic a bit. She did things completely different to my usual MW, which made me feel as if she wasn't thorough. She also put a red sticker on my file and was telling all about these extra checks they'd have to do on the baby after he's born. They found antibodies in my 28 week bloods which I was told weren't a cause for concern and now I'm not sure what to think :growlmad:

good Morning all

got my 29 week consultant check today had glyucose in weee yesterday :-(

hoping its gone today

Had my 31 week appointment this past Tuesday and all is good! My doctor said I was so tiny and all baby, but my measurements are right where they should be. I only gained about 1/2 pound between my 2 weeks visits, so about 25.5 lbs total! We get to see out LO next Tuesday for a 4D ultrasound. We had our maternity pictures done this past Friday, and the photographer sent me some proofs on Monday and I'm so in love! Can't wait for his newborn shoot :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->