28 week MW appointment.

Kristin52

Reaction score
Had my Glucose testing today, I opted for the orange. Which really wasn't even bad. All it tasted like was flat orange soda, just a little more sugary. :thumbup:

other than that, baby Ryland is doing good, his HB was good :)

Thanks for the info.! I got mine coming up soon. Flat Orange soda doesn't sound bad at all.

Thanks for the info.! I got mine coming up soon. Flat Orange soda doesn't sound bad at all.

I was dreading it, last night I was telling my OH that I wanted to reschedule, but when I took the first sip, I was like "hmmm, I can do this" lol :haha:

Oh I have this test in a few weeks but I'm not sure what's involved exactly. I take it you have to drink something and you have a choice? Interesting as I have a really sensitive gag reflect and if I don't like something and force it down it usually comes straight back up!

Oh I have this test in a few weeks but I'm not sure what's involved exactly. I take it you have to drink something and you have a choice? Interesting as I have a really sensitive gag reflect and if I don't like something and force it down it usually comes straight back up!

All it is in simple terms, is:

You drink a sugar drink, mine was....5 fl oz? NOT SURE. but it wasn't alot.
I had a choice between Orange or Lime, and I like orange so I went with that.
I had 5-10 minutes to drink it. (Some offices are different) then I had to wait and hour and get my blood drawn, easy :thumbup:

But the orange was actually tasty! So I had no problems at all! :thumbup:

Does everyone have to have one of these?
xxx

I'm not sure if you HAVE to have it done, but my doctor said it's just precaution to make sure you're not developing GD, and it's also good to know he said so if you do, they can monitor the baby's growth, and your healthy as well. :thumbup:

xxx

My doctor presented it to me as a choice. And i asked if this is what all pregnant women do.. lol...since this is my 1st.

And she said yes, So I said SIGN ME UP!

It sounds pretty standard and nothing invasive.

xxx

I'm not sure if you HAVE to have it done, but my doctor said it's just precaution to make sure you're not developing GD, and it's also good to know he said so if you do, they can monitor the baby's growth, and your healthy as well. :thumbup:

Thats hun, i'll have anything offered (tests, scans etc) .. better to do them hey :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->