2nd babies

Nikkinoonoo

Mummy to a gorgeous girl
Reaction score
Well since I had Jessie I have been thinking about number 2. I really want a second baby more so because of Jessicas disability. I would like to think that she had the support of her sibling at the times me and her daddy can't be there, playing outside, at school etc.
Now I am thinking can I love another child the way I do Jess? I know that ladies with several kiddies will say you will love and treat them equally but it's still a big concern for me. I love Jessica so much could I really love another equally?

oh sweetie, you are so so lovely :hugs: i think just by you worrying about loving another is proof of how much you will love no. 2. i think its wonderful to give jessie a brother or sister, i'm an only one and would have loved a brother or sister. my great aunt told me once (she's no 93!) that your love just grows, you have an unbundnace (sp) of love and i truely believe it x

oh sweetie, you are so so lovely :hugs: i think just by you worrying about loving another is proof of how much you will love no. 2. i think its wonderful to give jessie a brother or sister, i'm an only one and would have loved a brother or sister. my great aunt told me once (she's no 93!) that your love just grows, you have an unbundnace (sp) of love and i truely believe it x

Aww bless you thanks for a lovely reply :hugs::hug::hugs:

i think it would be lovely for jessie to have a baby brother or sister. like carly said ur love would just grow. i never thought i could loveany one as much as jack and im positive when another baby comes along i will love them just the same.

You dont halve ur love u add to it x

:hug:

I think its a great idea for your LO to have a brother or sister she can play with and love,, im sure we all have lots of love to go around no matter the number of kids we will have :)

No doubt you will love number 2 just as much. And i bet jessie would love a play mate and will be every bit the protective big sister regardless of her disability

:hugs: xx

A lovely Mummy like you??

Of course you could equally give both the same love & care only difference is they can love each other just as much too and you get twice as much love back that you deserve.

x

I wondered this but if anything its made me love Emily more because I'm reminded of how lovely she was as a baby :cloud9:

Well since I had Jessie I have been thinking about number 2. I really want a second baby more so because of Jessicas disability. I would like to think that she had the support of her sibling at the times me and her daddy can't be there, playing outside, at school etc.
Now I am thinking can I love another child the way I do Jess? I know that ladies with several kiddies will say you will love and treat them equally but it's still a big concern for me. I love Jessica so much could I really love another equally?

I am sure you will love any other babies you have as much as you love Jess hun. I think its a very common worry tbh. :hugs:

This is the exact reason why we aren't having any more. Yes, I want another and so does my OH (I think, lol) but we know for a fact with Tegan having such severe disabilities we can't have another. She will always have to come first, there isn't anything I can do about that, because she needs so much more care than any other child, it would be so unfair to put another child through the jealousy and resentment that would inevitably cause. She'll always be more spoiled because she goes through so much on a daily basis that I simply refuse to put another child through that. It breaks my heart to know that until Tegan is a lot older I won't hold another baby, but its something I have to do.

Plus, there is a high risk any other babies I have will have the same thing - and at the moment we wouldn't be able to cope with that.

I am sure you will love any other babies you have as much as you love Jess hun. I think its a very common worry tbh. :hugs:

This is the exact reason why we aren't having any more. Yes, I want another and so does my OH (I think, lol) but we know for a fact with Tegan having such severe disabilities we can't have another. She will always have to come first, there isn't anything I can do about that, because she needs so much more care than any other child, it would be so unfair to put another child through the jealousy and resentment that would inevitably cause. She'll always be more spoiled because she goes through so much on a daily basis that I simply refuse to put another child through that. It breaks my heart to know that until Tegan is a lot older I won't hold another baby, but its something I have to do.

Plus, there is a high risk any other babies I have will have the same thing - and at the moment we wouldn't be able to cope with that.

:hugs::hug::hugs: We are also going to wait a little while, at :hugs:least till Jessica has her prosthetic and is able to use it. It must be very hard with Tegan needing special care, she is gorgeous and I'm sure will bring you so many happy times. I wish you all the very best xXx

:hugs::hug::hugs: We are also going to wait a little while, at :hugs:least till Jessica has her prosthetic and is able to use it. It must be very hard with Tegan needing special care, she is gorgeous and I'm sure will bring you so many happy times. I wish you all the very best xXx

Thankyou hun :hugs: She is gorgeous and she is such a happy baby, but knowing there are no more for me is quite sad. I actually cried when we decided not to have any more :cry: But, she is so gorgeous she makes me feel better!
I hope everything goes well when you decide to have another :hugs:

:hug: You are such a wonderful mother I know you'll be a great mom to a second child (and third and fourth if there are any ;)

Not that we're planning our 2nd just yet, even though my hubby keeps joking about how he'd like to have another baby by next christmas (errr.... NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!) but it has crossed my mind how can you love two different people the same amount? My worry is more that I love Jasper so so so much because he's so little and perfect and he is all need at the moment... and if I had another baby and I loved the next baby as much as I love Jasper would Jasper be missing out on my love?

I've also wondered how parents can love their children equally when they have lots of children. Like both my hubby's parents are from massive families, they're both the eldest of about 10 siblings each!!! How would you be able to give your children all the individual attention, time and love they need... and still run a household in any kind of orderly fashion!?!

*phew* I'm exhausted just thinking about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->